Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart Playlist in Home Menu Question?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a smart playlist I have created and have the shortcut on my home menu. I would like to be able to click on this smart playlist and have it play immediately, rather than show me a folder view of the TV Shows that are in the playlist, as it now does. Is it possible to achieve this behaviour?
Also, when I select random when creating the playlist, it doesn't really play randomly, rather it plays all episodes of one show and then all episodes of the next show and so on. Could someone please tell me the error of my ways?
I am using MYsql database and Dharma beta 1.
Please help!
Thanks,
Mark
If use vertical it's Home.xml and Horizontal Home it's Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml

<item id="21"> to <item id="25"> is playlist code

Change-

Quote:<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(10025,$INFO[Skin.String(Menu_Custom6_Path)],return)</onclick>
to:
Quote:<onclick>XBMC.PlayMedia($INFO[Skin.String(Menu_Custom6_Path)])</onclick>

I use a random episode playlist and you have to set it to sort by: playlist while in that playlist, and obviously set the playlist to 'random' when setting it up
Mcborzu,

Thank you so much for the information!!!

I am not currently in front of my XBMC and can not look at the playlist creator. When you say "to sort by: playlist while in that playlist," is this an option in the playlist creator for that playlist or do I have to create a playlist for each show then add each playlist and then "sort by playlist?

Thanks,
Mark
I meant when you click on that view:

mcborzu,

I am thinking that the menu gets a bit cluttered on the home menu, so I was thinking I would add my shortcuts to the "TV Shows" submenu. Where would I edit to get a submenu to autoplay?

Thanks,
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:mcborzu,

I am thinking that the menu gets a bit cluttered on the home menu, so I was thinking I would add my shortcuts to the "TV Shows" submenu. Where would I edit to get a submenu to autoplay?

Thanks,
Mark

Oddly enough I am planning to expand both home and submenu's. I branched the options into separate categories in skin settings.

Though I don't want errors so it wont make 1.4.7 but I'll add it next week...

To do yourself copy one of the tv subs -
Quote:<item id="3">
<label>$LOCALIZE[744]</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFiles)</onclick>
</item>

and change the onclick to point to one of your playlists, also change the id="xx" to something different.