Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC not updating locally stored fanart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I'm a complete newbie so go easy on me....

I've got xbmc installed on my mac mini and far I've got about 50 films in my movie folder all saved in seperate named folders with fan art and posters saved locally with the video file.

However I've changed a couple of the fanart jpegs for higher res ones and they haven't updated in xbmc? I've ticked the update library on start up box and also removed and re-added the source directory, but still no luck.

Any help would be great
known limitation with our image cache. you have to manually set it using 'get fanart' from movie information. it's on the list of stuff to fix for eden.
spiff Wrote:known limitation with our image cache. you have to manually set it using 'get fanart' from movie information. it's on the list of stuff to fix for eden.

Hi Spiff cheers for the fast reply. Sorry I'm not sure I know how to do that? Sorry like i said I'm a complete noob. Any chance you can tell me how to access that menu? Is it in the standaed context menu?

Thanks again
when on movie cover hit info on remote, i on keyboard or bring up the context menu and select info to get the movie information screen. once in there go to the change fanart button and select local fanart.
Cheers guys gave that a quick whirl and while it works for the thumbs its still not picking up the fanart - even though in the fanart menu the "local fanart" is the correct file?
Vausey Wrote:Cheers guys gave that a quick whirl and while it works for the thumbs its still not picking up the fanart - even though in the fanart menu the "local fanart" is the correct file?

Sometimes you might need to come out of library then go back in to see the change you could also just use refresh if your using nfo's as well

If you change lots of fanart images you can just delete the fanart cache and xbmc will replace them when you start browsing library again
>>X<<' Wrote:Sometimes you might need to come out of library then go back in to see the change you could also just use refresh if your using nfo's as well

If you change lots of fanart images you can just delete the fanart cache and xbmc will replace them when you start browsing library again

That sounds like a good idea but where exactly would i find the cache file?

Not using .nfo files at the as not quite sure how and where to compile the info
depends on your os, in win7/vista it's c:\users\youruser\app data\roaming\xbmc\userdata\thumbnails\fanart from memory, have you came out the library and back in or restarted to make sure it doesn't refresh after that though because as >>X<< says it doesn't always refresh automatically.

you could also try using a web manager like xwmm to manage your library I've not personally used it much but seems very popular.
Vausey Wrote:That sounds like a good idea but where exactly would i find the cache file?

Not using .nfo files at the as not quite sure how and where to compile the info

You find them in

\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\Fanart

You can just delete the fanart folder if your like

I take it your doing it all by hand then which you don't need to do there are a few apps for getting artwork and creating nfo's Ember Media Manager being one, you don't have to create nfo's with Ember you could just use it for getting fanart as you can choose what it creates

Not much point creating nfo's now if you have already scanned your library but if you decided to using Ember make sure you select the "Scrape full cast" option because imdb change their layout and Ember hasn't been updated but it still works correctly if that option is enable