Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Touch screen interface changes in XBMC 10.0 (Dharma) versus XBMC 9.11 (Camelot)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having trouble with the Video control pop-up control (screen, audio, pause/play, stop, bookmarks, chapter forward/reverse etc). It is appearing when a playing DVD stops at its main menu and I try and select an item on the DVD main menu like "play movie" via touch.

In version 9.11 with any skin, the pop-up for video control would come up only when the video was running and I touched anywhere on the screen, but never at the DVD main menu.

Now when I start a movie in Dharma (any skin) and the DVD stops at it's main menu, if I touch "play movie" or "setup" or "chapter selection" I get the video pop-up control and it's not registering the click on the DVD menu. So I have no way to start a DVD movie using the touch interface like I had in 9.11. I plugged in a mouse and sure enough I can select play movie on the DVD menu and the movie starts. Under 9.11 I essentially can navigate all menus and sub menus with no issues, but in Dharma it has changed in the Video pop-up control.

In Dharma menus and selections, I find all main menus and setups screens work with touch, but find I can't select anything on a main DVD menu screen or in any of the sub menus of the video pop-up control. When I touch screen while a video or movie is playing, the video pop-up control comes up, I can select video, audio, play/pause and other pop-up controls with touch, but when the sub menu comes up I can't select a thing with touch and have to use a mouse instead.
I reinstalled 9.11 and sure enough I can navigate every menu & sub-menu with my touch interface and the Video pop-up control only shows up when a video is playing and never when a DVD is sitting at its main selection menu.

Something has changed between ver 9.11 and Dharma in this one area.

Running W7 32bit home and 64bit pro and problem shows up on both computers with very different touch interfaces, using any skin in 9.11 and tried both Confluence and PM3 in Dharma to see if it was a skin problem.
On a side note THANK YOU for adding touch "go back", "go up" and "home" controls in the upper right part of the display in PM3.
rlrjupiter Wrote:Having trouble with the Video control pop-up control (screen, audio, pause/play, stop, bookmarks, chapter forward/reverse etc). It is appearing when a playing DVD stops at its main menu and I try and select an item on the DVD main menu like "play movie" via touch.

I'm new to XBMC, I used traditional DVD's in a Touchscreen enabled laptop. I switched to XBMC and created DVD's wit Fanart. Unfortunelately Touchscreen isn't working as expected by my kids. Both kids have touchscreen laptop's , iPAD generation Big Grin . When they selected a DVD cover the DVD starts om the DVD menu, when they press the screen on the chapter they want to see, the Top Control Pop-Up menu appears instead of the pressed DVD chapter...

Can we somewhere configure this behaviour ??

Best Regards,
Tom