Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV2] MySQL database / library support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Hi

What version of xbmc is used in iphone/ipad ?
I've tryed to use my central mysql database by setting an advancedsettings.xml on the iphone but it doesn't seems to take count of it.
I believe it should work - check the debug log.
Where are xbmc logs generated on idevices ? There's no temp folder in xbmc directory.

Thanks.
Before buying the ATV2, i would like to get confirmation the functionnality of my SQL server.
Thank !
A+++
I think its omitted, to get down dependencies and size. I could be wrong though, and it could be introduced again I would think.
No, it's working fine here.

Using ATV2 with 4.2.1 firmware.

I have in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>10.11.12.100</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

And it's working great!
Thanks Davilla and Team-XBMC!

note: I also set up my library such that the initial commit to the sql database was to an smb:// URL rather than a mounted filesystem, in order to be OS agnostic and also for super easy setup (just add advancedsettings.xml and you're done.)
rinseaid Wrote:No, it's working fine here.

I have in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

And it's working great!

note: I also set up my library such that the initial commit to the sql database was to an smb:// URL rather than a mounted filesystem, in order to be OS agnostic and also for super easy setup (just add advancedsettings.xml and you're done.)

Yeah works here as well. Just an issue with resume, but I think its with local DB as well, nothing seems to want to resume.....
This is good news...
Anyone using shortcut for remote Thumbnails ?
ti_gusus Wrote:This is good news...

Would appreciate it if anyone can share how to do this on iPad.
Should we do it the same way we do in Linux ?

I gonna buy a unit tomorrow and have some fun with it ;-)
Always good to play with new stuff...

EekEek
rinseaid Wrote:No, it's working fine here.

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

And it's working great!

Can you please elaborate on the bold part please?

Did you mean when adding videos to the library you added them through the SMB share?
Ogi010 Wrote:Can you please elaborate on the bold part please?

Did you mean when adding videos to the library you added them through the SMB share?

The paths to the files in the mysql db are shared across the systems since they share the same db. So having a path point to D:\movies\movie.mkv is not going to work on different pc since it doesn't have D:\

Hence use a source which is shared i.e) samaba share smb://pc/share/movie.mkv
johoja Wrote:The paths to the files in the mysql db are shared across the systems since they share the same db. So having a path point to D:\movies\movie.mkv is not going to work on different pc since it doesn't have D:\

Hence use a source which is shared i.e) samaba share smb://pc/share/movie.mkv

Cool, just double checking. I am having some database issues (mostly linux issues), I'm trying to setup an openelec.tv box alongside an appleTV2 box next to each other and see which one performs better Big Grin

Ogi
Ok I've figured out why it didn't work when i tryed. My SQL lib was the latest pvr git, so it wasn't compatible with iphone xmbc version. I've falled it back to Dharma and now it works ok.

Cheers.
What about remote Thumbnails Huh
What is the right way to create shortcut Huh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18