Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New Release: v0.8.5 beta1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Download v0.8.5-beta1 on Android Market 2011-01-21

Added: Better tablet support (not perfect we're getting there)
Added: Gesture mode for remote control
Fixed: Host selection on first install
Fixed: Problems with XBMC using central MySQL database
Fixed: Sorting issues
Fixed: Access to RAR-streamed files

Release Notes:
After a few weeks of not-so-activeness (was busy with other things), some of the most requested features and bugs have been fixed. We hope to pass over to a more busy release schedule from now on.

Enjoy and don't forget to post bugs! Smile

Cheers,

-freezy.
yay !
glad to see you're making progress on that ! Will test and report asap Nod
Hi there,

I have been using XBMC remote for over 6 months now and think it is one of the greatest apps available on Android. I was excited to see the last update was correcting the sorting errors and immediately updated. ( I was using XBMC Remote at the time I saw the update in the market)

After completing the update I can no longer connect to XBMC. The strange thing is, if I go to the remote control option, it actually works, but every 2 minutes or so I get the error saying the remote could not connect and to ensure the server is running.

Normally I would say I am probably doing something wrong here, but all I did was upgrade and then no dice.

I have since, double-checked all my options and removed an re-installed XBMC Remote. I have tried numerous ports and even setup a username and pasword since I was getting an "Access Denied" error for a bit there.

Please help! I cannot live without this app! lol.

...And remember, it was working perfectly, I updated the app, then it stopped working. No firewall/port/I.P. address issue here.

looking forward to a resolution.

P.S. I am using a Telus branded HTC Desire running Android 2.2

Just to see, I turned off windows firewall and now I get error: I/O Exception (java.io.FileNotFoundException) http://192.168.0.10:80/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp...emInfo(120)

Also, PC is Intel E4600 processor, 4Gb RAM, Windows 7 64-bit
I'm interested to find out what the Better Tablet Support is. I have installed this and cannot find any difference.

I am using it on my Advent Vega.

Don't get me wrong I love the app, I just had high hopes of full screen fanart and larger posters for movies. I'm sure my tablet is capable of processing this kind of information, and wish that this worked more like a full blown xbmc skin, just with a touch skin interface!
remote resizes correctly and now playing screen bottom bar.
My remote resized properly on the previous version. I use an app called Spare Parts and everything now runs at full screen on my tablet.

I hadn't noticed the bar at the bottom of the now playing screen.

What are your thoughts on a better interface like I have mentioned? i would really love to see a movie wall look for this app.
Have a look at this video on how to make everything work in full screen :-D

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/36636/vi...fullscreen
most ppl dont run spare parts that's why it needed to be fixed.

bigger posters is probably the next thing. dont hold your breath for wall view because that's probably needed to be done in opengl due to performance issues.

what do you mean by full screen fanart?
Fanart in the background that covers the whole screen while viewing movie or album details. Much like the actual XBMC skins.
the thing is that we're dealing with a mobile device which is limited in space, ram and processing power. additionally i dont see any place where this could be of any use anyway, since we use mostly vertically oriented screens (as opposed to horizontally oriented fanart).
The Vega has pretty good processing power, and I use it almost exclusively in landscape mode (horizontally) .
you're kind of missing the point. but be my guest and open a thread or a ticket on the issue tracker for it, i think there is even something about fanart already.
Riggs Wrote:Just to see, I turned off windows firewall and now I get error: I/O Exception (java.io.FileNotFoundException) http://192.168.0.10:80/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp...emInfo(120)

Also, PC is Intel E4600 processor, 4Gb RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

I get I/O Exception error as well after i updated, tried uninstalling and reinstallning, didn't help. And how do gestures work on a HTC Hero for instance?
instead of bringing fanarts to mobile devices, how about making them work with the remote in the first place?

o.O

other than that, no problems with this beta at all Smile
I am having the exact same experience. I am able to use the remote, but I can not reliably connect to the UPNP media without getting socket timeout errors. Prior to the update, I had never encountered any issues.
Pages: 1 2