Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox 360 running XBMC (XBMC for Xbox360?) port possible someday?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
if you by n00b-friendly mean inviting for whining, noncontributing, lazy trolls;
then sure, no we are not n00b friendly nor do we want to be it.

we dont expect ppl to have a degree in cs, we do however expect ppl to be smart enough to read and follow some simple instructions before posting. i guess it is too much to ask in your case.

it should require about half a brain to realize that a REQUEST for something should go in the REQUESTS subforum. and that maybe, just maybe, your brilliant bright idea of getting xbmc onto the 360 (of which i'm sure you have no idea what involves - "it says xbox on the cover "no) is not an original idea.

now go away
elliottlock Wrote:If ya have to have a degree in computer science to be accepted on this forum why don't ya specify it at the door cause at the moment it's far from n00b friendly.
Actually, the developent forum you posted in does have this description:
Quote:XBMC for Xbox - Development Forum
Developers forum for XBMC development. Programmers/Coders only!
Note! Not for posting Feature Requests or End-User Support Requests!

I am not sure how to make that more n00b friendly
hi,

will there be a version of xbmc for the xbox 360?
is there anything similar right now?

thanks!
@alon, did you honestly think you where the first person to ask? If you took the time to register then why not also take the time to search and read before you post?
i actually searched... just couldn't find one good answer... if you could post a link i would love it. thanks.
alon Wrote:i actually searched... just couldn't find one good answer... if you could post a link i would love it. thanks.
I merged your post into the main discussion thread about XBMC for Xbox360,
...and here are two links to related discussions with even more info:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=19144
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32320
I saw some older posts regarding this, but I wanted to check to see what's up currently:

Can I run XBMC on my Xbox 360?

Thanks!

THT
no
watzen Wrote:no

I thought there was a version of linux that could now run on the 360...if that's the case, couldn't you use a linux port of xbmc?
How is this thread 19 pages long? There is no homebrew/unsigned code hacks for 360.
Seriously, can a mod lock this or something? Seeing it here gives people the false impression that this has either happened or is likely to happen when in fact neither is the case.
Thread is not locked since noobs insist on asking the same question over and over.
Instead of having infinite "I demand XBMC on my 360" threads the mods have decided to lump them all in one enormous dumbfest.
@SleepyP not sure how locking would make it better, it would only put a break to the madness in this particular thread
Hey guys...I was just reading about the available features in the XNA game studio right now...and was wondering if it was even remotely feasible to try porting XBMC to the 360 yet, or if MS has their studio so locked down that the features of XBMC would be impossible in it's current state.

IDK...I know game studio is just that, more for games, but I thought that if you can port it to windows, then porting it to the 360 could be possible. And imagine how huge it would be to have a real media player for the 360 instead of the sadness that exists now...
Please forgive me if this has been suggest already...or numerous times.

Has anybody looked into creating XBMC using the Creator's Club or w/e they call it? I'd guess that micro$oft has the hardware locked down way too severely for this to work right...but it would seem that if their goal is to make windows/360 compatibility for games, then some version of xbmc could be portable using their blessing.

Again, sorry if this has been asked, but I've been wondering about the technical feasability of this, and didn't find anything in a search...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23