Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox 360 running XBMC (XBMC for Xbox360?) port possible someday?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Geeba Wrote:Hmmmm..... any news on 3D drivers?

Not directly, but there are now working ports of a few different emulators out there. However, I believe the list is only the basic ones. (SMS, SNES, Genesis)

Not 3D, but evidence that work is being done in the proper direction...
hi!

can someone plz summarize briefly what the current status is concerning XBMC @ XBOX360?
is it possible?
if so: what are the probs / is 1920x1080 via MKV running flawlessly?
if not: realistic release date? or maybe: never...

TIA!
i'm gonna go by your example; nah. too lazy to read.
dWLkR Wrote:hi!

can someone plz summarize briefly what the current status is concerning XBMC @ XBOX360?
is it possible?
if so: what are the probs / is 1920x1080 via MKV running flawlessly?
if not: realistic release date? or maybe: never...

TIA!

Briefly?

There is no status.
Anything is possible.
MS hates homebrew/no.
rls date: When developers want it to happen.
spiff Wrote:i'm gonna go by your example; nah. too lazy to read.
hm... it is going to be hard - but i guess, i will just have to live with it...

digitalhigh Wrote:Briefly?

There is no status.
Anything is possible.
MS hates homebrew/no.
rls date: When developers want it to happen.
roger! thx...
I can give an even better update.

The second this:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Pro-60GB-...259&sr=1-3

becomes cheaper than this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...aspirerevo

AND Microsoft gives the Devs a method to harness the xbox 360 as well as they can the Ion platform, THEN there MIGHT be a push to work with the new xbox.
thanks for the update! Smile
Hey,

Now that XDK homebrew is possible on the Xbox 360 with the jtag hack i'm wondering if the XBMC team have any plans for an Xbox 360 port?

I have read on a couple of different websites that a port is already in progress but couldn't find anything on here about that.

Just asking as im replacing my TV with a 1080p one and my original Xbox with XBMC is not going to be much good for HD content. Thought it was worth asking before I look in to getting an Acer Aspire Revo.

Cheers.
This has been asked many times before and the answer has always been NO
Paranormal Wrote:This has been asked many times before

Since the 30th of November this year? XDK homebrew has only been possible since then.

If so then fair enough.
InsaneNutter Wrote:Since the 30th of November this year? XDK homebrew has only been possible since then.

Its been possible for 2 weeks and you're asking if theres a port? Check back in a year.
lol did you even read how specific a hardware and bios and other crap you actualy need on your 360 to even make it work
saratoga Wrote:Its been possible for 2 weeks and you're asking if theres a port?.

Of course i dont expect it to happen over night, I simply asking now that its possible if anyone was planning to port it, a fair question I thought.

Jezz_X Wrote:lol did you even read how specific a hardware and bios and other crap you actualy need on your 360 to even make it work

Yes considering I have a 360 running XDK homebrew in front of me, its a lot less complicated than installing a modchip :p

althekiller Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40236

Thanks, that explains a lot.
In the FWIW category...

Did anyone ever think there would be XBMC on the original? How long did it take to develop the original XBMC and look how good it is now. While I understand that XBMC as it is currently written will not work on 360, that is not to say that some other solution will not be developed. So much more because the 360/PS3 will do high def...

Not knocking the XBMC team, just saying that something will be developed. As mentioned, they only just cracked the hardware...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23