Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
September 2, 2012: Should be working fine, if you have problems with script errors please read below, note ESPN3 has started blacking out large number of events making this plugin less useful:

Make sure you update your librtmp as documented here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...te_librtmp

For anyone having script errors, when they first run the plugin, try this:

Quote:Before entering the add on:

1- high light the plug in
2- enter the add on setting (it's "C" for me on my keyboard and select add on settings)
3- I have to make sure that the "use custom user files" is turned on. Without it turned on I get a script failure when try to enter the addon.

Once I have entered the addon and I can see the content:

1- enter the addon settings again WHILE I'm in the addon. ( it's "C" again for me)
2- I then have to turn OFF the "use custom user files" (yep the exact same one I have to turn on to before starting the add on)

I have been watching with zero issues doing this. However I do have the above process each time I want to use the add on.

Quote:Charter Communications Instructions

Under the Settings-Add On menu in XBMC, use the Configure option under the ESPN plugin. Verify/set these options:
Play in XBMC = On
Use Custom User Files = On
Enable Login = Off
Cable Provider = Charter

After this I have to run the plugin, select live, then exit the plugin, go back to the settings, and turn OFF 'use custom user files.'
Everything works after that, though I only have the ESPN3 channel selected...I don't have cable so no access to other channels for me.

Very nice. Good to see somebody is working on this. This will be one of the truly useful plugins.

-hogfan
hogfan Wrote:Very nice. Good to see somebody is working on this. This will be one of the truly useful plugins.

-hogfan

Thanks I have spent the day fighting with javascript trying to get ESPN3 to fullscreen automatically via a userscript its slow going since I am not a javascript person.
I wish ESPN3 aired more content.... once they start airing major events then I would be willing to ditch my cable. I only keep it for sports, to be honest.
whoa awesome, thanks.
Just so everyone is aware, I've found another way to get ESPN3 content to XBMC. I have an install of the ORB Live server running on one of my computers. I originally installed it so I could stream local videos and web content like ESPN3 to my iPhone. The server software is free, btw. Anyway, I saw yesterday that the ORB server shows up as a uPnP device in the Video Source menu. So it's now possible to watch ESPN3 content fairly easily. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but I don't think I've seen it posted anywhere.
I didnt have anytime to work on this over the last weekend. I should have time this week hopefully.
Hey! I'm a boxee user/developer here, but I've been working/creating the ESPN3 app for Boxee. I was wondering what kind of luck you were having with passing login information for remote access users...that's about where I'm stuck on the functionality of the ESPN3 app on boxee...everything else works fine...including parsing my own stuff. You can take a look at http://thinkonezero.com/projects/boxee/espn3/ or you can email me boxee [at] thinkonezero [dot] com if you've got questions...good luck!
.5 release...no need for a browser anymore Smile
And just to make sure everyone knows, Bluecop gets all the credit for decoding the urls.
ksosez Wrote:.5 release...no need for a browser anymore Smile

This add-on rocks! I've been waiting for someone to come up with something that just works. Great job! I'll be using this over the next few days and let you know if I run into any issues. But, so far I have not experienced any.
glad its working. I only worked on a comcast connection. I didn't realize other isps needed to login. It trys to use an anonymous swid for the device point id. they should probably be an authenticated swid.

i just wish i was more into sports
BlueCop Wrote:glad its working. I only worked on a comcast connection. I didn't realize other isps needed to login. It trys to use an anonymous swid for the device point id. they should probably be an authenticated swid.

i just wish i was more into sports

It works for me on Time Warner Cable despite time warner cable requiring a login to watch the streams so I think the login for Time Warner et al may be a bit of headfake (cant be sure though)
Awesome work on this BlueCop and ksosez, really glad to see some work being done on this and hoping it'll help to also improve the Boxee app!
I should have clarified earlier. I am on Uverse and that does not require a login.

I am currently running XBMC on Linux. I am thinking about picking up an AppleTV2, maybe this weekend. Any experience with running this on the AppleTV2 via XBMC?