Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] HGTV (video) add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
We now have HGTV, Food Network, and the DIY Network add-on's.

The quality isn't the best but there is a lot of content.

You can install from the XBMC.org repo. Or "Video Add-ons"> get more...

Post any issues, suggestions here!

edit: This thread is old. New conversation should occur at the new thread for HGTV found here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=237173
I'll try this later this week...Nod
NICE!!!!

Works good.

Thanks
Link goes to a page that says the file is unavailable.
Downloaded fine but wont launch:

PASTEBIN

My limited python interpretation thinks it might be:

Quote:21:19:29 T:2100 M:965033984 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named BeautifulSoup
21:19:29 T:2100 M:965033984 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\mcborzu\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hgtv\default.py", line 2, in ?
from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup
ImportError: No module named BeautifulSoup

Do we need or how do we get BeautifulSoup?
@mcborzu I think Beautiful soup was installed on my AppleTV2 with the ESPN3 add-on.

@divingmule Awesome work! Thanks for this great HGTV add-on
Taiowa Wrote:@mcborzu I think Beautiful soup was installed on my AppleTV2 with the ESPN3 add-on.

@divingmule Awesome work! Thanks for this great HGTV add-on

Nice catch, I actually had to copy/paste the Beautiful soup modules into the HGTV folder. Once I had those in the HGTV folder it worked!
Thanks a lot, this is the only thing I have been missing since I dropped cable a year ago.
This is the beautifulsoup module: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HIY5X6NC

It should be extracted to your addons directory. If you don't already have it.

Sorry about that. Enjoy

@pkscuot, Huh I can upload it to another service if your still having trouble.
Beautiful soup is in the official repo, so should be installed out of the box assuming you have the appropriate <requires> in your addon.xml

Do you plan to submit this to the official repo?

Cheers,
Jonathan
jmarshall Wrote:Beautiful soup is in the official repo, so should be installed out of the box assuming you have the appropriate <requires> in your addon.xml

Do you plan to submit this to the official repo?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Yeah, I was thinking about submitting it after a few days of testing.

I have the <requires> in the addon.xml. I see now that it only gets installed when installing from the repo. Smile Or have I screwed up something?
It should also get installed if installing from zip.
divingmule Wrote:Yeah, I was thinking about submitting it after a few days of testing.

I have the <requires> in the addon.xml. I see now that it only gets installed when installing from the repo. Smile Or have I screwed up something?

Yea, your <requires> is perfect, I still have the old habit of extracting things and cutting/pasting rather than use the install via .zip option. When I installed via .zip everything work correctly...
mcborzu Wrote:Yea, your <requires> is perfect, I still have the old habit of extracting things and cutting/pasting rather than use the install via .zip option. When I installed via .zip everything work correctly...

Thanks, that's good to know.
divingmule Wrote:@pkscuot, Huh I can upload it to another service if your still having trouble.

Thanks for the offer. I just tried it again and it worked. Must have been a temporary blip at the hosting service.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11