Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Apple TV 2 XBMC Addons Help Please!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum but I need help with trying to add all the video and program add ons to XBMC for apple tv 2. I jailbroke mine with greenpois0n. I added the netflix for xbmc but I kept getting error when I go to a category like top 25 new arrivals, tv shows, movies, genres, etc. I also added the mythbox addon but I keep getting a mysql error and I'm not sure if I'm putting the right hostname, database, and password. I'm looking for all the best add ons you guys recommend for someone who doesn't have cable so any live tv addons or ones for shows and movies. I've also been trying to add the hulu add ons (the ones that show steps at this link http://www.applesheet.com/xbmc-plugins-g...-2g/25089/) but I can't figure out how to do the command line in terminal. I've never used terminal before so I'm new to this kind of stuff. I use snow leopard on my mac
I have no advise for Netflix, I don't use it, but with Mythtv you MUST be sure your using the right credentials otherwise it won't connect, hostname will be the ip of the mythbox, username and password would have been specified during setup, i think you can find them in the config...

Back when i used to use mythbuntu i remember there was an option that had to be turned on to allow clients to connect to the myth database... that could be your issue.

You should take the myth question to the myth forums, supporting the connection of clients to the myth server is out of the scope of this forum.

Regarding the terminal questions, open the terminal on you mac.
Type ssh root@ipofappletv
When prompted enter your password, default password is alpine... change it when you log in with passwd root and follow the prompts.
Then go nuts with the commands you need to enter.
I wouldn't bother with Hulu, it is now not working for most due to changes in the rtmp protocols they use to stream video. Until the underlying library (librtmp) is updated to support the changes in the protocol Hulu and many other plugins that use rtmp for streaming will not work. You can look at the last few pages of bluecop's repository thread in the plugin support forum if you want more info.
bircoe Wrote:I wouldn't bother with Hulu, it is now not working for most due to changes in the rtmp protocols they use to stream video. Until the underlying library (librtmp) is updated to support the changes in the protocol Hulu and many other plugins that use rtmp for streaming will not work. You can look at the last few pages of bluecop's repository thread in the plugin support forum if you want more info.[/b]
When prompted enter your password, default password is alpine... change it when you log in with passwd root and follow the prompts.
Then go nuts with the commands you need to enter.
Thank you! Do you know where the myth forums are? I couldn't find them.

jorsoban Wrote:I wouldn't bother with Hulu, it is now not working for most due to changes in the rtmp protocols they use to stream video. Until the underlying library (librtmp) is updated to support the changes in the protocol Hulu and many other plugins that use rtmp for streaming will not work. You can look at the last few pages of bluecop's repository thread in the plugin support forum if you want more info.
Thanks!