Kodi Community Forum
XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: XBMC app for/by Ouya released (/showthread.php?tid=171732)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - lartomar2002 - 2013-09-22

(2013-09-20, 20:19)DjStiky Wrote: The stuttering issue was reported only for a wired ethernet connection so wireless should work fine.
I just tried it on a wireless connection anyways just to be sure and it looks fine!
Tried a 1080p MKV with DTS audio from my NAS, Youtube and 1channel plugins.
All good Smile
How far is your router from the Ouya and are you on a "N" network? How many Mbps do you have it set for, 54, 135, 300, etc?

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - DjStiky - 2013-09-22

(2013-09-21, 20:19)Alchete Wrote: The new Ouya update did nothing to change the behavior for me.

I'm using a single HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV, which contains audio return information.

If it's working for you, it's likely that your receiver is doing some extra handshaking.

- How do you have your receiver, TV, and Ouya connected?
- When you play your television normally, do you use your receiver to listen to the audio output?

Receiver (Harman Kardon AVR2600) has all the inputs, it has one HDMI going out to the TV.
Since my cable receiver is also plugged into the AVR, I use the receiver for audio for the TV as well.

(2013-09-22, 03:18)lartomar2002 Wrote:
(2013-09-20, 20:19)DjStiky Wrote: The stuttering issue was reported only for a wired ethernet connection so wireless should work fine.
I just tried it on a wireless connection anyways just to be sure and it looks fine!
All good Smile
How far is your router from the Ouya and are you on a "N" network? How many Mbps do you have it set for, 54, 135, 300, etc?

Not that far, maybe 5 feet. I have it set to 300 Mbps.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - lartomar2002 - 2013-09-23

(2013-09-22, 18:17)DjStiky Wrote:
(2013-09-21, 20:19)Alchete Wrote: The new Ouya update did nothing to change the behavior for me.

I'm using a single HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV, which contains audio return information.

If it's working for you, it's likely that your receiver is doing some extra handshaking.

- How do you have your receiver, TV, and Ouya connected?
- When you play your television normally, do you use your receiver to listen to the audio output?

Receiver (Harman Kardon AVR2600) has all the inputs, it has one HDMI going out to the TV.
Since my cable receiver is also plugged into the AVR, I use the receiver for audio for the TV as well.

(2013-09-22, 03:18)lartomar2002 Wrote:
All good Smile

Not that far, maybe 5 feet. I have it set to 300 Mbps.
My wifi sucks. My router is about 25 feet and one wall away but that has never been a problem for any of my other wireless devices.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - backlund - 2013-09-24

5.1 passthrough still not working here either. I had hoped to finally be able to make the jump from my rpi, but apparently not yet. The turn the receiver off /on trick still works but it's a PITA. Damn I wish Ouya would get this figured out...

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Alchete - 2013-09-24

Koying, the XBMC Android dev is trying to look into the multichannel issue, but doesn't have a surround sound receiver.

He set up a donation page here: http://www.gofundme.com/4f1e6w

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - nospamjl - 2013-09-24

Xbmc ouya 12.3.2 now pushing

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - charliebrown - 2013-09-24

whats the news in the upgrade?

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - nospamjl - 2013-09-24

Change log - https://github.com/ouya/xbmc/commits/master

The big difference from user point of view is the context button is now U in the OUYA buttons not the sync button.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - lartomar2002 - 2013-09-25

He reached his goal today, guess who the largest donor was, none other than Julie the CEO of Ouya.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Koying - 2013-09-25

Yep, and from her own pocket. Really nice of her Smile

Re changelog, from memory, it solves:
- ISO dvd playing
- subtitles issues
- issue of xbmc ending when a bt/USB keyboard/controller is inserted

Furthermore, it adds mapping of all the controller buttons via "joystick.xml" mapping.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - KILLERNADS - 2013-09-25

Nice, always good to hear about a XBMC update release Smile

Great going Julie, really hoping Koying can now get the AVR and work on this painful audio issue! Its the main stumbling block for what otherwise would be a great media player! I can only get audio if i change to Analogue, but anything through HDMI provides that horrible static sound until i power cycle AVR or switch to another HDMI channel, leave for a few seconds and then change back.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - dfgas - 2013-09-25

So the stock one on ouya will do surround? There is a trick?

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Steini - 2013-09-26

Thanks for the update.. sorry for the long post Smile

A little background before I ask my questions:

I´m running Ouya in the bedroom using a mysql shared library and using Auto pilot so xbmc opens automatically on boot. I have it mounted on the back of the TV and controlling it with Flirc. Shocking that it can be mounted behind the TV and work without a direct line of sight!

I have already switched out the stock fan for a Noctua NF-A4x10 and I´m pretty happy with this whole setup.... But there is one thing that is bugging me and I wanted to see if anyone had figured something out or maybe could point me in the right direction?

1 - The fan is constantly spinning. Even though I have the better fan It still has a noticeable hum when the TV is off.. GF not happy about that so we have to stand up and manually turn the Ouya off a nights. Maybe a first world problem, but I have even thought about switching to a Linux box, maybe NUC, so I can turn it on/off with a remote and sleep in complete silence Smile I have read that MX player is not affected so I was maybe thinking this would be fixed with a later update.. or maybe Xbmc just uses that much of the cpu while idle and there is nothing that can be done about it?

2 - If the fan need to be on when the ouya is on I thought maybe there would be a possibility to completely turn off the Ouya via xbmc? I have read that apps do not have the ability to turn off an android device so I was wondering if it would be possible on a rooted ouya? My idea would be to map the off button on the remote to a function that would allow me to turn the device completly off.. something like: <s> System.Exec(busybox poweroff -d 8 -f)</s> in the keyboard.xml

3 - If nr 2 would be possible then the next logical step would be to hack together a wake on USB / IR solution.. but I will cross that bridge when/if I get there.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - fmonaca - 2013-09-26

I'm using XBMC For OUYA and it works pretty well with everything I throw at it. No stutter issues whatsoever (using a wifi bridge, though).

One problem I'm having, and there was on every other Android version of XBMC to date, is that the Favorites are not working. I tried to put as Favs some softwares for the kids (Mame, Angry Birds to name a few), but when I launch them from Favorites they crash XBMC. If I launch them from Programs all goes well. I remember to have seen other people writing about the same problem (on some other forum), and I'm pretty sure it is not a problem of my specific OUYA. It's really easy to replicate, too.

I don't know if this is the right place to vent about bugs/problems but since Koying is so kind to answer us here, I thought it couldn't hurt.

Thanks for the great work, anyway!

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Koying - 2013-09-26

(2013-09-26, 11:42)Steini Wrote: 1 - The fan is constantly spinning. Even though I have the better fan It still has a noticeable hum when the TV is off.. GF not happy about that so we have to stand up and manually turn the Ouya off a nights. Maybe a first world problem, but I have even thought about switching to a Linux box, maybe NUC, so I can turn it on/off with a remote and sleep in complete silence Smile I have read that MX player is not affected so I was maybe thinking this would be fixed with a later update.. or maybe Xbmc just uses that much of the cpu while idle and there is nothing that can be done about it?
Be sure that it's bugging me as well Wink
By design, unfortunately, XBMC never actually sleeps and always uses some CPU, leading to the Fan spinning.
As the OUYA has a tendency to overheat, I'm betting they actually lowered the threshold in the latest firmware.

(2013-09-26, 11:42)Steini Wrote: 2 - If the fan need to be on when the ouya is on I thought maybe there would be a possibility to completely turn off the Ouya via xbmc? I have read that apps do not have the ability to turn off an android device so I was wondering if it would be possible on a rooted ouya? My idea would be to map the off button on the remote to a function that would allow me to turn the device completly off.. something like: <s> System.Exec(busybox poweroff -d 8 -f)</s> in the keyboard.xml
Unfortunately, afaik, there is no way to interact with the fan, nowadays. This has been requested, though: http://forums.ouya.tv/discussion/2691/odk-1-0-8-and-firmware-1-0-519#latest
Being able to turn off /sleep the OUYA from XBMC (for rooted devices) has been in my mind for some time. I'll dig deeper.