Kodi Community Forum
Gotham +1 Codename: Helix - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Gotham +1 Codename: Helix (/showthread.php?tid=185912)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Gotham +1 Codename - CutSickAss - 2014-02-16

(2014-02-16, 03:10)nickr Wrote: Hermione is not a place.

I beg to differ. Ironically, this town is right across the island of Hydra, which I endorsed earlier.

Anyway, you are right, Hermione is not suitable. So I guess I shouldn't even mention HIMYMC?

RE: Gotham +1 Codename - nickr - 2014-02-16

I'm a lawyer I can't help sticking to the rules.

And I like the idea of keeping to that place theme as much as possible.

RE: Gotham +1 Codename - .:B:. - 2014-02-16

Hodor would be hilarious though. Since Frodo isn't a 'mythical place' either (nor is Gotham technically, I wouldn't describe comics as 'myths', not even modern-day ones, myths served a function).

Hodor!

RE: Gotham +1 Codename - CutSickAss - 2014-02-16

(2014-02-16, 03:34).:B:. Wrote: Hodor would be hilarious though. Since Frodo isn't a 'mythical place' either (nor is Gotham technically, I wouldn't describe comics as 'myths', not even modern-day ones, myths served a function).

Hodor!

That could get a bit insulting when XBMC becomes slow or non-responsive. Also, can you imagine anyone asking for a "Hodor log"?

RE: Gotham +1 Codename - robweber - 2014-02-16

Throwing in my vote for Hyrule. Mostly because it fits the rules (Frodo was a special exception for those unfamiliar) and is awesome.

RE: Gotham +1 Codename - shess757 - 2014-02-16

(2014-02-15, 01:39)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-02-15, 01:25)Karnagious Wrote: 2. Hentai

You want us to name it "pervert" in Japanese?

... it might work.

LOLRofl

Helix - "XBMC..... the DNA of your media center"

Helix - "It's in our genes!"

I do like Hydra though, and Hyrule if retroplayer incorperated

RE: Gotham +1 Codename - nickr - 2014-02-16

(2014-02-16, 03:21)CutSickAss Wrote:
(2014-02-16, 03:10)nickr Wrote: Hermione is not a place.

I beg to differ. Ironically, this town is right across the island of Hydra, which I endorsed earlier.

Anyway, you are right, Hermione is not suitable. So I guess I shouldn't even mention HIMYMC?
Ahhh but it is not a mythical or imaginary place!

Himymc? I think people need to be able to pronounce the name.

I can just imagine showing up at my linux users group

Me: "I am here to demonstrate the latest xbmc, codenamed 'himymc'."

Audience: "Do you have the hiccups?" "Would you like a glass of water?"

RE: Gotham +1 Codename - yallah - 2014-02-16

HELL

RE: Gotham +1 Codename - Karnagious - 2014-02-16

Last suggestion... Hitler.

RE: Gotham +1 Codename - un1versal - 2014-02-16

It would be about time some names picked and thrown into a poll for voting, silly names removed of course, not that we gonna decide anything as this is internal voting and decision just like before.

There only about a hand full of names that fit the profile and go well with the word XBMC and sort of roll off the tongue well are pronounceable;e are recognizable.

Halcyon > Like the mythical bird has an calming effect on seas, XBMC also has a calming effect on most of us.

Horus > Like this God that ruled the sky, XBMC rules our media centers.

Helios > XBMC burns bright, it is easily mistaken by a sun or a star.

Hildr > XBMC is a result of much struggle and battles with the 01001 types only fitting that it has a proper battle name and a hint of hard sexy valkerie chick... Wink

etc.

RE: Gotham +1 Codename - nooryani84 - 2014-02-16

You're overanalyzing... Kinda takes the fun out it.

RE: Gotham +1 Codename - un1versal - 2014-02-16

as opposed to? let me see, fun, ah yes, lets give xbmc Herpes,

RE: Gotham +1 Codename - Prof Yaffle - 2014-02-16

Let's face it, this thread could run forever, and we don't even know whether it's a democratic decision or not. And without rules/parameters/boundaries, we're just throwing words out in the hope that they stick.

Personally, I'd vote for classically mythological names - places preferred, but not mandated - something that transcends whatever the current pop culture favourite is (GoT, Harry Potter, MMO games) - something we can all spell, pronounce, remember and use in public. So "Horus" and "Helios" good, but "Hrthtgrdsørenssen the Horrible" and "Helicobacter" bad. Not sure where that leaves things like "Heimdall", which have been ... erm... 'rebooted'.

Anyway, I came over all serious for a moment then, sorry for that. What's wrong with "Hymen"?

(PS as for what passes for a native English speaker, "Horus" doesn't make me think of prostitution any more than "Camelot" makes me think of dromedaries).

RE: Gotham +1 Codename - Karnagious - 2014-02-16

(2014-02-16, 13:20)Prof Yaffle Wrote: What's wrong with "Hymen"?

It's broken.

RE: Gotham +1 Codename - nooryani84 - 2014-02-16

Hammertime