Kodi Community Forum
Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Sumvision Cyclone X4 (/showthread.php?tid=208233)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - random999 - 2015-01-10

Thanks for your help bobones. The twrp zipfile in your dropbox is zero length... can you check it?

edit: and yes I just tried using twrp to flash the x4 image from the sumvision site, as you say it doesn't work because it looks for a 201 device but its detecting S82b or something. Sumvision really need to update that on their site.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-01-10

(2015-01-10, 13:52)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: Does anyone else get bad screen tearing using this rom?

All theme animations when they animate vertically I get really bad screen tearing.

I've tried to enable Vsync always on but doesn't make any difference.
I haven't noticed anything myself, but then again I don't use fancy skins; however, someone else complained about it and it was acknowledged as a bug by codesnake, but he didn't think it was such a big deal to merit being given high priority.

(2015-01-10, 14:24)random999 Wrote: Thanks for your help bobones. The twrp zipfile in your dropbox is zero length... can you check it?

edit: and yes I just tried using twrp to flash the x4 image from the sumvision site, as you say it doesn't work because it looks for a 201 device but its detecting S82b or something. Sumvision really need to update that on their site.
Nah, I think the problem is that Kerber changed the board id in his build.

The TWRP.zip file is still being uploaded (I paused it earlier and forgot to restart it). Says there is about 35 minutes to completion.

Edit: upload completed

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - TheLegendOfMart - 2015-01-11

Having real problems with recovery.

Holding menu doesn't work, tried for 20 mins now.

If I log in via SSH and do reboot recovery with microsd in the device just sticks at minix logo, if I boot from USB it boots into stock recovery not TWRP and the remote doesn't work neither does USB keyboard so I can't flash anything.

It's formatted to fat32 but I don't know what I'm doing wrong?

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-01-11

There must be some thing wrong with the SD card or the SD reader. If there is a valid recovery image on the SD it will be used in preference to the built in one. Can you read your SD card from within OpenELEC? If not, I would suggest trying a different SD card. TWRP only works with a mouse, but the Android recovery should work with a USB keyboard, but it needs to be plugged in before you boot it up.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - TheLegendOfMart - 2015-01-11

Yes I can read it from within OpenElec, I had files on it. I will try a different card and see.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - random999 - 2015-01-11

(2015-01-10, 22:03)bobones Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 14:24)random999 Wrote: Thanks for your help bobones. The twrp zipfile in your dropbox is zero length... can you check it?

Nah, I think the problem is that Kerber changed the board id in his build.

The TWRP.zip file is still being uploaded (I paused it earlier and forgot to restart it). Says there is about 35 minutes to completion.

Edit: upload completed

Thanks again for your help. My box is now back to factory settings. I'm still going to send it back as faulty - I'm still getting these intermittent hdmi dropouts - pink/blue screens and static, but its random so it really looks like a hardware fault in my x4. If I plug the hdmi back into my existing HTPC box it works fine so its not a cable problem.

I'm probably going to look into either building up a mini ITX system with a slot-load bluray drive, or buying one of the Intel celeron NUCs. Obviously both options are way more expensive than the x4. Its a shame because the x4 is a nice little box, when mine worked it played 1080p mkvs from my synology nas box flawlessly - the only thing missing is HD audio... and I don't really get that - passthrough should mean exactly that - passthrough. The box should not care what the data stream contains. Is it a licensing thing maybe? Because my receiver obviously has a license to decode DTS-MA so if thats the reason its not a very good one. Oh well.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-01-11

(2015-01-11, 14:45)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: Yes I can read it from within OpenElec, I had files on it. I will try a different card and see.
If you're trying to get back to Android you'll most likely need to restore a TWRP backup rather than flash the original firmware because of the board id change. Use the TWRP.zip file extracted to an SD from my dropbox as linked above.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - chrisrbk - 2015-01-12

bobones it would appear that your friend kerber has released a 5.0 build of openelec.

http://amlinux.ru/image/5.0.0/

have you or anyone else tested ?

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-01-12

I've been running it for quite a while now.

Nice...

Do I just put the tar file in the recovery folder and reboot?

Thanks

*update folder

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-01-13

Yes, copy the tar file to \\openelec\update and reboot

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - nukesta - 2015-01-13

Think ive semi bricked my x4 flashed openelec and get the minix boot screen then nothing cant get into recovery even after trying different recovery images to help but nothing, light on box is a cross between blue n red. Any help appreciated

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-01-13

Blue/red led is what you get when it has booted into openelec. Maybe the network is working so plug in an ethernet cable and see if you can work out the IP address (check router DHCP table) and connect with putty and reboot recovery. Failing that, create a bootable SD card with the bootcardmaker.exe program and use the reset button to get the card to boot (hole on bottom nearest sd slot). Put the TWRP.zip contents on to the card and restore the TWRP backup that's there. The files you need are in my dropbox.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - nukesta - 2015-01-13

Tried the twrp bobones but no joy, wouldnt boot up twrp.