Kodi Community Forum
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on (/showthread.php?tid=353349)

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - CaptainT - 2015-10-18

(2015-10-16, 15:04)FXB78 Wrote: It seems this was the cause of my VPN issue after all https://torrentfreak.com/bbc-iplayer-blocks-uk-vpn-servers-over-piracy-concerns-151016/

Interesting read. In that case it is obvious that this has got nothing to do with the add-on, just as I suspected from the beginning. Case closed. Smile

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - CaptainT - 2015-10-18

(2015-10-14, 20:54)InsaneNutter Wrote: As a future request would it be possible to list content by channel? that's something I always loved about the old broken plugin.

Thanks for this request. It is very unlikely, that this feature can be added. The iPlayer website does not offer this kind of "view".

If there was an option on the website to filter by channel, then it would be possible to include it in the add-on. However, the channel information is only available for some programmes and it is sometimes only available on the specific programme page. So in order to build up a "database" for filtering by channel, you would need to scrape the whole iPlayer website first. This will take too long (my guess is a couple of minutes) and I suspect that the Beeb might misinterpret this as a DoS-attack.

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - PhilipPeake - 2015-10-18

I just installed on my RasberryPi running Kodi.

Installation is fine, but when I try to open any content, I get a message about "Cookie: No such file", then playback failure.
In the log, I get this:

11:13:14 T:2910446656 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
11:13:16 T:2910446656 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:13:17 T:2910446656 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:13:20 T:2910446656 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iplayerwww/iplayer.cookies')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww-1.2.1/default.py", line 1271, in <module>
AddAvailableLiveStreamItem(name, url, iconimage)
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww-1.2.1/default.py", line 747, in AddAvailableLiveStreamItem
html = OpenURL(url)
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww-1.2.1/default.py", line 842, in OpenURL
cookies.save(ignore_discard=True, ignore_expires=True)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/_LWPCookieJar.py", line 83, in save
f = open(filename, "w")
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iplayerwww/iplayer.cookies')
-->End of Python script error report<--
11:13:21 T:3037954048 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_one_hd&mode=203&name=BBC+One&iconimage=%2Fhome%2Fpi%2F.kodi%2Faddons%2Fplugin.video.iplayerwww%2Fmedia%2Fbbc_one.png&description=&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False]
11:13:21 T:2910446656 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Any suggestions?

===============

ETA: Created the directory: /home/pi/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iplayerwww
That seems to have fixed it.

===============

Well, fixed it for live viewing, but in the catch-up section I get something like this:

11:25:28 T:2893669440 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
11:25:29 T:2893669440 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
11:25:32 T:2824860736 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:25:32 T:2824860736 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:25:40 T:2824860736 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww-1.2.1/default.py", line 1268, in <module>
AddAvailableStreamItem(name, url, iconimage, description)
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww-1.2.1/default.py", line 714, in AddAvailableStreamItem
PlayStream(name, match[0][2], iconimage, description, subtitles_url)
IndexError: list index out of range
11:25:40 T:3037954048 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2F%2Fiplayer%2Fepisode%2Fb06gxyyj%2Fcasualty-series-30-6-all-the-single-ladies&mode=202&name=Casualty%2C+Series+30%3A+6.+All+the+Single+Ladies&iconimage=http%3A%2F%2Fichef.bbci.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fic%2F832x468%2Fp033wy7j.jpg&description=Iain+and+Dixie+are+pushed+to+the+limit%2C+but+their+rewards+are+many.&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False]
11:25:40 T:2824860736 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - skydivertricky - 2015-10-19

(2015-10-18, 15:40)CaptainT Wrote:
(2015-10-14, 20:54)InsaneNutter Wrote: As a future request would it be possible to list content by channel? that's something I always loved about the old broken plugin.

Thanks for this request. It is very unlikely, that this feature can be added. The iPlayer website does not offer this kind of "view".

If there was an option on the website to filter by channel, then it would be possible to include it in the add-on. However, the channel information is only available for some programmes and it is sometimes only available on the specific programme page. So in order to build up a "database" for filtering by channel, you would need to scrape the whole iPlayer website first. This will take too long (my guess is a couple of minutes) and I suspect that the Beeb might misinterpret this as a DoS-attack.

Which website are you using? when I use the iplayer website http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer you can sort all programs by channel from a drop down at the top..

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - DavidMelbourne - 2015-10-19

ooo my add-on iplayer www upgraded itself to 1.2.2 while I was using it and now I have pretty icons in watch live. Thanks Captain!

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - shaktoo - 2015-10-19

Just Brilliant ! thanks man .. working Beautifully. will look at some CBBC shows re kids & if those are available 9 better then the previous version ) then I would be even more thankful.

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - speedwell68 - 2015-10-19

(2015-10-18, 20:18)PhilipPeake Wrote: I just installed on my RasberryPi running Kodi.

Installation is fine, but when I try to open any content, I get a message about "Cookie: No such file", then playback failure.
In the log, I get this:

11:13:14 T:2910446656 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
11:13:16 T:2910446656 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:13:17 T:2910446656 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:13:20 T:2910446656 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iplayerwww/iplayer.cookies')
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww-1.2.1/default.py", line 1271, in <module>
AddAvailableLiveStreamItem(name, url, iconimage)
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww-1.2.1/default.py", line 747, in AddAvailableLiveStreamItem
html = OpenURL(url)
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww-1.2.1/default.py", line 842, in OpenURL
cookies.save(ignore_discard=True, ignore_expires=True)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/_LWPCookieJar.py", line 83, in save
f = open(filename, "w")
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iplayerwww/iplayer.cookies')
11:13:21 T:3037954048 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_one_hd&mode=203&name=BBC+One&iconimage=%2Fhome%2Fpi%2F.kodi%2Faddons%2Fplugin.video.iplayerwww%2Fmedia%2Fbbc_one.png&description=&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False]
11:13:21 T:2910446656 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Any suggestions?

===============

ETA: Created the directory: /home/pi/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iplayerwww

===============

Well, fixed it for live viewing, but in the catch-up section I get something like this:

11:25:28 T:2893669440 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
11:25:29 T:2893669440 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
11:25:32 T:2824860736 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:25:32 T:2824860736 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:25:40 T:2824860736 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww-1.2.1/default.py", line 1268, in <module>
AddAvailableStreamItem(name, url, iconimage, description)
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww-1.2.1/default.py", line 714, in AddAvailableStreamItem
PlayStream(name, match[0][2], iconimage, description, subtitles_url)
IndexError: list index out of range
11:25:40 T:3037954048 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2F%2Fiplayer%2Fepisode%2Fb06gxyyj%2Fcasualty-series-30-6-all-the-single-ladies&mode=202&name=Casualty%2C+Series+30%3A+6.+All+the+Single+Ladies&iconimage=http%3A%2F%2Fichef.bbci.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fic%2F832x468%2Fp033wy7j.jpg&description=Iain+and+Dixie+are+pushed+to+the+limit%2C+but+their+rewards+are+many.&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False]
11:25:40 T:2824860736 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

I having the same issues on a RPI2 running Openelec 5.95.5. I haven't had time to check the logs yet.

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - CaptainT - 2015-10-19

(2015-10-18, 20:18)PhilipPeake Wrote: Any suggestions?

===============

Ah yes. That is a problem if you install from the ZIP-files in the current download location. This shall be fixed once the add-on is provided from the official repo. Thanks for reporting.

(2015-10-18, 20:18)PhilipPeake Wrote: Well, fixed it for live viewing, but in the catch-up section I get something like this:

This sounds very much like the VPN issues mentioned in here, and here. If that is the case, I would expect that you get an error pop-up telling you that you are not in the UK. Can you please double-check this? Thanks!

(2015-10-19, 09:17)skydivertricky Wrote: Which website are you using? when I use the iplayer website http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer you can sort all programs by channel from a drop down at the top..

Are you referring to the Channels->BBC One/Two/Three/Whatever menu on the top?

If so, that does not sort programmes by channel. It only gives you a selection of about 30-40 highlights from this particular channel. This page certainly can be added, but it is basically just a special "Highlights per channel" category.

If you are referring to something else, please try to explain in more detail, maybe there is something that I am missing.

The add-on has now been accepted to the official repo. Everyone who installed from a zip-file before, please remove the add-on in your Kodi installation and add it again from the official repo.

Existing installations will auto-update. Please still remove it and then reinstall it.

The reason is simple: The zip-files from Github install to a subfolder called plugin.video.iplayerwww-master. However, the add-on expects to be installed in a directory called plugin.video.iplayerwww. This can cause errors like the first part mentioned in post 138.

Once it has been installed correctly, new releases will be automatically provided through the official repo.

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - Dangelus - 2015-10-19

Wow some great updates with this add-on lately. Loving the "favourites" option linked to a BBC ID. Works great although I'm I right in thinking the only way to add to this is from the website? Adding to favourites through the app just adds to the Kodi global favourities.

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - MikeKL - 2015-10-19

(2015-10-19, 19:07)CaptainT Wrote: The add-on has now been accepted to the official repo. Everyone who installed from a zip-file before, please remove the add-on in your Kodi installation and add it again from the official repo
Great news, thank you CaptainT!

All to Note: You may need to update the Kodi add-on repository in order to see iPlayer WWW in Video add-ons this is achieved by hovering over Kodi add-on repository and entering left side window and selecting "check for updates" which ensures all your repositories are updated with content. (I did Wink)

Just wanted to add that the abilty to add BBC id and then see favourites allocated/stored on iPad appear in Kodi already working well. Smile
Thank you to all involved in development of this add-on for Kodi, now available through offical repository.

(2015-10-19, 19:17)Dangelus Wrote: Wow some great updates with this add-on lately. Loving the "favourites" option linked to a BBC ID. Works great although I'm I right in thinking the only way to add to this is from the website? Adding to favourites through the app just adds to the Kodi global favourities.

This part of the add-on is work in progress. ihurst is doing the majority of work on the personalization features and he wants to enable adding of favourites in the add-on as well.

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - Dangelus - 2015-10-19

(2015-10-19, 19:07)CaptainT Wrote: The add-on has now been accepted to the official repo. Everyone who installed from a zip-file before, please remove the add-on in your Kodi installation and add it again from the official repo.

Existing installations will auto-update. Please still remove it and then reinstall it.

The reason is simple: The zip-files from Github install to a subfolder called plugin.video.iplayerwww-master. However, the add-on expects to be installed in a directory called plugin.video.iplayerwww. This can cause errors like the first part mentioned in post 138.

Once it has been installed correctly, new releases will be automatically provided through the official repo.

Awesome!

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - popcornmix - 2015-10-19

(2015-10-19, 19:07)CaptainT Wrote: The add-on has now been accepted to the official repo. Everyone who installed from a zip-file before, please remove the add-on in your Kodi installation and add it again from the official repo.

Excellent. The beta versions have been working very nicely for me. Even better to make it official.