Kodi Community Forum
Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton (/showthread.php?tid=246430)

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Alanon - 2017-02-13

Well, instead of going backwards, let's try to go forward. I've had a thought and made some workarounds, let's see if it's good enough.

I'm beginning to realise that perhaps it would be good if I got control of the first post, the various versions and changes are starting to confuse even me... Huh

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - jdig4240 - 2017-02-13

(2017-02-13, 21:23)Alanon Wrote: Well, instead of going backwards, let's try to go forward. I've had a thought and made some workarounds, let's see if it's good enough.

I'm beginning to realise that perhaps it would be good if I got control of the first post, the various versions and changes are starting to confuse even me... Huh

Guess what, THAT FIXED IT! Thank-you. So, what was it?

(2017-02-13, 21:36)jdig4240 Wrote: Guess what, THAT FIXED IT! Thank-you. So, what was it?

Well, best I can figure, at some point, something changed in either skinshortcuts or skin helper widgets, or both, that also changed the referencing to content type which controlled the result of an item being clicked on. I never actually touched the particular piece of code that messed with widgets, which could perhaps mean that the code was dependent on some other element that I have changed, though I'm unclear as to what or why. That's why it took me so long to figure it out. I can't even guess as to what made the older versions work out of the box, and probably never will.

Anyways, looking at your logs again and finding those video content errors steered me in the right direction. The persistent widgets use a widgetTarget property in addition to the content categorisation, which is why they worked in the first place. The reloading variants used only videos as a category, which means that anything besides that would fail/not register. After confirming that, it was just a matter of migrating the property check to apply to the non-persistent widgets.

It'd be interesting to know if this fixes everything, even stuff like add-ons widgets, or music/genre widgets, etc. Things that were never in the videos category presumably never worked properly, but I've actually never used them and it hadn't even occurred to me until after I've finally fixed the damn things.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - eurogroovem5 - 2017-02-13

@Alanon

Is there an easy way to edit the transparency of the hub menus?

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - jdig4240 - 2017-02-13

(2017-02-13, 21:59)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 21:36)jdig4240 Wrote: Guess what, THAT FIXED IT! Thank-you. So, what was it?

Well, best I can figure, at some point, something changed in either skinshortcuts or skin helper widgets, or both, that also changed the referencing to content type which controlled the result of an item being clicked on. I never actually touched the particular piece of code that messed with widgets, which could perhaps mean that the code was dependent on some other element that I have changed, though I'm unclear as to what or why. That's why it took me so long to figure it out. I can't even guess as to what made the older versions work out of the box, and probably never will.

Anyways, looking at your logs again and finding those video content errors steered me in the right direction. The persistent widgets use a widgetTarget property in addition to the content categorisation, which is why they worked in the first place. The reloading variants used only videos as a category, which means that anything besides that would fail/not register. After confirming that, it was just a matter of migrating the property check to apply to the non-persistent widgets.

It'd be interesting to know if this fixes everything, even stuff like add-ons widgets, or music/genre widgets, etc. Things that were never in the videos category presumably never worked properly, but I've actually never used them and it hadn't even occurred to me until after I've finally fixed the damn things.

Nice work, I appreciate you taking the time to figure this out. Thats beyond my skill level, but im slowly starting to learn skinning basics. Thanks again Alanon.

(2017-02-13, 22:02)eurogroovem5 Wrote: @Alanon

Is there an easy way to edit the transparency of the hub menus?

Not really, at the moment there's no easy way to make particular elements of various views to differ in transparency. They are always solid, skin-wide, so the hub menus are displayed in one panel. You can control the panel background itself, these settings match the skin settings, so you get a light and dark variant. You can also control the overall background dim level, also from the skin settings, but that's pretty much it.

(2017-02-13, 22:10)jdig4240 Wrote: Nice work, I appreciate you taking the time to figure this out. Thats beyond my skill level, but im slowly starting to learn skinning basics. Thanks again Alanon.

Hey, no worries. Big Grin I just started learning this stuff myself by working on this skin these couple of months. I'm slow on the draw sometimes, but I usually get there. Mysteries annoy me. Tongue

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - eurogroovem5 - 2017-02-13

@Alanon

Argh. Im trying to get this effect.

http://imgur.com/a/KMjOv#2Yzub6N

Its from another thread here. The only lead that I got was to get Kodi Texture Tool and edit the xbt. Can't find the xbt, but I do see what I believe to be the contents of the xbt in the same folder. I test it out. I found the cursor.png, inverted the colors, reloaded Kodi and found that it worked. Am I in the right direction? Is the file that I need to edit here?

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - PantsOnFire - 2017-02-13

(2017-02-10, 22:46)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 22:26)PantsOnFire Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Saw ur post this morning but just tending to it this evening.
I should say... My version is actually OSMC, I don't know if that would make a difference...

From system info screen...
* OSMC running kodi 17.1-RC1

I should be fine right? How can I tell which GUI version is running in this build? Or is it implicit in the overall kodi revision number? (17.1-RC1)

You're on the right track, the gui gets a version bump on every new version of Kodi, so you're covered. By definition, that can't be the problem. I've never used Kodi on a distro before, but from what I've read, folks have had these sorts of problems with gui errors before, just not with an easy solution. The issue for them had been something with updating the dependency repos, which I'm pretty sure doesn't apply here. Off the top of my head, what you can do is double-check that the dependencies are indeed getting installed properly, and in their proper versions (maybe try to pull them manually from the repo?). The second thing to try to do is to unzip the skin itself into Kodi, restart, and then enable it from the addon browser, and see if it will go.

Oh, and this might be a silly thing, but I've only just noticed that in your previous post you said you downloaded the skin from the OP. If by that you mean the first post in the thread, then that might be the whole issue right there. I myself don't have any control over the thread, I just wanted to mod the skin for my use, and things sort of took off. The first post is pretty much totally outdated. It contains only the mods done by Guilouz, which are discontinued, as the thread title states. It's a very rough version for Krypton, with a lot of problems. My versions are strewn across the thread over the last couple of pages (the most recent one is just above your post). As I said, this might be a superfluous comment, but it's worth mentioning, since it usually the little things that get you. Big Grin

Thanks bud, downloaded the latest from your thread and it had no problems. Sweet view mods!

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - PantsOnFire - 2017-02-13

(2017-02-10, 22:46)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 22:26)PantsOnFire Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Saw ur post this morning but just tending to it this evening.
I should say... My version is actually OSMC, I don't know if that would make a difference...

From system info screen...
* OSMC running kodi 17.1-RC1

I should be fine right? How can I tell which GUI version is running in this build? Or is it implicit in the overall kodi revision number? (17.1-RC1)

You're on the right track, the gui gets a version bump on every new version of Kodi, so you're covered. By definition, that can't be the problem. I've never used Kodi on a distro before, but from what I've read, folks have had these sorts of problems with gui errors before, just not with an easy solution. The issue for them had been something with updating the dependency repos, which I'm pretty sure doesn't apply here. Off the top of my head, what you can do is double-check that the dependencies are indeed getting installed properly, and in their proper versions (maybe try to pull them manually from the repo?). The second thing to try to do is to unzip the skin itself into Kodi, restart, and then enable it from the addon browser, and see if it will go.

Oh, and this might be a silly thing, but I've only just noticed that in your previous post you said you downloaded the skin from the OP. If by that you mean the first post in the thread, then that might be the whole issue right there. I myself don't have any control over the thread, I just wanted to mod the skin for my use, and things sort of took off. The first post is pretty much totally outdated. It contains only the mods done by Guilouz, which are discontinued, as the thread title states. It's a very rough version for Krypton, with a lot of problems. My versions are strewn across the thread over the last couple of pages (the most recent one is just above your post). As I said, this might be a superfluous comment, but it's worth mentioning, since it usually the little things that get you. Big Grin

Thanks bud, downloaded the latest from your thread and it had no problems. Sweet view mods!

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - lparker - 2017-02-14

Anyone have the latest Jarvis version? The last link around page 92/93 doesn't appear to be up anymore. I'm running the version from OP on a couple Jarvis boxes. It works well enough, but I really like some of the changes to the submenus that Alanon has made.

Fantastic work on the Krypton version Alanon! I'm using it on my Krypton boxes, it's my new favorite after using Mimic for the last year or so.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - jdig4240 - 2017-02-14

(2017-02-13, 22:39)eurogroovem5 Wrote: @Alanon

Its from another thread here. The only lead that I got was to get Kodi Texture Tool and edit the xbt. Can't find the xbt, but I do see what I believe to be the contents of the xbt in the same folder. I test it out. I found the cursor.png, inverted the colors, reloaded Kodi and found that it worked. Am I in the right direction? Is the file that I need to edit here?

Pretty sure thats just the theme. If you find that build you can copy the .xbt theme from addons/skin.eminence/media. If you put the theme there the skin should then give you the option to choose that theme in settings/interface/Theme. There are no themes installed on this skin mod so the option will be greyed out untill you add one.

*****Wait, if your just talking about the green colors, you can just set those in Skin settings/Home at the bottom of the list.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Alanon - 2017-02-14

(2017-02-13, 22:39)eurogroovem5 Wrote: @Alanon

Technically, what you're trying to do can't be achieved with editing files, due to the skin structure. The menu in your images is not really a menu, but a series of buttons, each using the same faded white background. All such backgrounds in Eminence are colours, diffused over a clean white image. So the base graphics in all these cases is the same file "white.png". If you change that file, you'll end up changing it for every button and background in the skin.

If all you wish to do is copy the green colour from the images, there's already an easier path. The green color that you have in those images is actually the skin accent color. So all you need to do is go to Skin Settings/Colors/Primary Highlight Color, and pick a color, then set the transparency. But keep in mind that this will change the accent colour for the entire skin, not just in the hubs.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - eurogroovem5 - 2017-02-14

@Alanon

Gotcha. I guess ill just make due with the opaque toggle. Thank you for the help. I appreciate it.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - naco.proex - 2017-02-15

Alanon,

Always doing a great job. The best skin and the best skinner !!!!
Congratulations always!

Can I make a request? If it is not too difficult and you have time, of course.

Up to version 1.9 of the skin the menus on the right were divided into bars. Now, in the new versions, there is only one square. Is it possible to enable these split bars again?

If you do not want to change, could you teach me which code should I change to go back as it was before?

Thank you very much.

P.S: Sorry for my poor English.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - pinguy - 2017-02-15

Thanks for keeping this theme alive.

I have two bugs. 1 is a pretty big one. The other is minor.

The main bug is to do with the hubs widget window. If the content links to a video. No issue, but if it links to a directory (episodes of a TV show for example). It doesn't work. (this is also an issue for the none-mod version of Eminence 2 Krypton)

The other one is the Weather settings. Not a big deal as it can be edited in the main settings menu, but would be nice if it was fixed.

Also one small little thing. When hitting back instead of you being brought back to the hub when clicking a shortcut in the Hub. It takes you one level up within the add-on.