Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- steve1977 - 2009-12-29

Great skin, fantastic work!!!

One feature request: support of trailers. Ideally, would love to see it directly clickable in the "info panel" and "tri panel" views. Similar to how this is handed in the "transparency skin" would be fantastic. Thanks!!!

- redje - 2009-12-29

i'd love to see more custom video plugin possibilities. Now i can only select one. Ideally it would be 3 -5 custom video plugins on home screen.

- Avigrace - 2009-12-29

Nice skin!

Will it be possible to have multiple custom panels?
I would also like to have a panel that takes me straight to video plugins, All my media is in the library except for my plugins obviously and I have to goto videos and then plugins.

- MarkTaunton - 2009-12-29

I'm not sure if this is possible, but no harm in asking.

The last time I turned my 360 on which was usually to stream movies, rather than play games.

You could get options up for all videos, or a to z index, and also genres.

I have seen genres but usally only when you have to turn the library off, this happens for most skins, so I'm not sure if this is a short fall on XBMC or no one really thinks that genres matter.

Genres is a big part of the music library, but seem to have sadly gone missing for videos.

My movie watching is dependent upon moods, sometimes I might want to watch a comedy, other times an action film.

Having to keep changing options, just to see the genres is a bit tiresome.

Apologies if that is no fault of your own, but if this is manageable via coding then it would be a nice feature.

Regards

Mark

- sandman4sure - 2009-12-29

There is a Genres option in XBMC (and also this skin)
Go to movies and hit esc or backspace or something like that.
Then you will see a list with Genres, Title, Actor and stuff like that.

Hopefully there will be an easier way in the future to access genres (like from the home movie panel)

[MOD SUGGESTION] FullInfo View - daniel123 - 2009-12-29

I know this is a little early and Xperience has just come out, but I thought this could be cool as a view:

It is the info screen which I think is great about this skin - also that the trailer-view is simple and nice.
My thoughts about this is, that you shift between your movies with the up and down arrow key, really simple. Smile

Thats actually it.
Btw, keep up the good work Blackbolt!

You are reasonably correct on this, but you need to take off flatten mode, so that when you use backspace from movies, it takes you to the genres, title, year, actors and directors.

When you have flatten mode enabled it only shows the following :

Movies TV Shows Recently added movies, added episodes, playlists and video plug ins.

So it's a no win situation really, you either lose some features, such as recently added movies which is a cool feature, or slip into genres etc.

I know at the end of the day, it's reasonably only a few keystrokes, but it's a feature that XBMC will hopefully handle, or the skins might be able to handle.

Obviously being new to the script, I'm not sure if you are ending up reporting a feature with the actual program, or the skin.

- sandman4sure - 2009-12-29

Well, skins like Alaska can access all these features from the main screen. I think this is possible with this skin also. Like now when you press key up on the movies panel, you could get a choice from genres, recently added and stuff like that.
(Can this be added to this skin?)

I have flatten mode disabled. First press of backspace shows genres and stuff like that, pressing backspace again brings me to recently added

Yep I'm with you on the disabled flatten, and double back space. I shall use that from now on.

Adding further to that how nice would it be to have in say Genres when you do goto Action movies, you can have list by name, and then end up having a listing that shows you the most current recent movies in your collection.

Also the ability to have icons, rather than folder views of the genres, like on iTunes, where you can have rock icons or country and western.

Maybe I'm being a bit too greedy now, but I have more chance of seeing those, than trying to beg for a new car lol

- Rocky5 - 2009-12-29

dink06 Wrote:First up, like everyone else here has already mentioned, great skin. The time and effort you lads have put into this is much appreciated and it sure shows.

The TriPanel view is easily the best way to view my media imo and would be GREAT to have it for TV Shows too, seems like a lack of a unified interface to not have that view available to TV shows too, but I'm sure you have your reasons currently.

it was original coded for tvshows but at episode level it looks a bit odd i made a bigger panel to display episodes but it looked crap so it was removed you can always add the tripanel back into tvshow or any secton you please but editing the visible tags for the view.

line 240

PHP Code:
<visible>Container.Content(Movies)</visible

change to this

PHP Code:
<visible>Container.Content(Movies) | Container.Content(TVShows)</visible

if you want add Container.Content(Seasons) for seasons level and Episodes for episodes level <-- this one look odd due to thumb.

The ability to customise the skin as much as you can is greatly appreciated too. I'm running xperience on a stock Asrock Ion 330BD, and while it's not as zippy as confluence, the fact that I can turn off a lot of the small touches makes it much better to use.

Oh one more thing to suggest, in the TriPanel view, would it be possible to have Fan Art appear as the entire background rather than filling the list panel?

It was original like this to lol but due to the fact you cant really see behind the panels it was dropped no point displaying something you cant see.

Cheers and thanks for all your hard work. I haven't noticed any bugs as of yet either!

Avigrace Wrote:Nice skin!

Will it be possible to have multiple custom panels?
I would also like to have a panel that takes me straight to video plugins, All my media is in the library except for my plugins obviously and I have to goto videos and then plugins.

Yes its possible i may add it in at a later date.

Big Grin

- Hitcher - 2009-12-29

One little thing I noticed that didn't feel right is how the left hand item doesn't scroll off-screen with a zoom effect instead it just slides left.

Movie/TV/Music Video Info Dialog - stoli - 2009-12-29

I couldn't leave well enough alone. Wink I use the (I)nfo screen quite often and didn't like having the entire screen covered so here is what I have come up with so far:

The progress bar transitions from Paused to Current/End time just as the full size one as well as displaying the Rewinding 2x/Forwarding 2x text.

For those interested, an updated DialogFullScreenInfo.xml can be downloaded here

- pete01 - 2009-12-29

I was expecting this skin to be something special, and it definitely is! Thanks very much for all the hard work you have put in to bring this to XBMC. Big Grin

I've been reading through the comments/suggestions raised here and I have one minor question about the Wall Panel view, which I don't think has been mentioned.

The posters shown on Wall view are slightly cut off on the sides compared with other views such as InfoPanel. Only a minor point, but can this be fixed?

Here is a screenshot comparing a poster shown in Wall and InfoPanel views.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6600/postercomparewallinfopa.jpg

Thanks again for a wonderful skin!

- aart - 2009-12-29

Thanks for all the hard work so far guys.
Great skin!

- Rocky5 - 2009-12-29

pete01 Wrote:I was expecting this skin to be something special, and it definitely is! Thanks very much for all the hard work you have put in to bring this to XBMC. Big Grin

I've been reading through the comments/suggestions raised here and I have one minor question about the Wall Panel view, which I don't think has been mentioned.

The posters shown on Wall view are slightly cut off on the sides compared with other views such as InfoPanel. Only a minor point, but can this be fixed?

Xperience_Wall-View.xml line 151
and change scale to stretch that's you fixed it.

Thanks again for a wonderful skin!

Quote:Thanks for all the hard work so far guys.
Great skin!

Thank you
Big Grin