Kodi Community Forum
Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Sumvision Cyclone X4 (/showthread.php?tid=208233)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-01-13

So you made a bootable SD card by running the bootcardmaker.exe program (as administrator) to flash the bootloader.bin file to the MBR of the SD? It is not sufficient to just copy the TWRP files. Also the reset button is tricky to press. I used a pared down matchstick, but it may help to open the box to see what you're dealing with. I bricked my X4 a while ago and reset button + bootable SD did the trick.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - nukesta - 2015-01-14

Didnt do bootcardmaker but gonna try now with what your suggesting

So what files do i need on the card, have looked in your dropbox but no bootloader.bin , only zip and when unzipped its a .img

Might have it back but not with bootcard maker, the box was outputting on the av out not hdmi so went through openelec set up, connected over wifi on ssh the pn reboot recovery to twrp and restore your backup file

Its back to android , now to start again trying to get openelec on it, which version openelec works? As some have been deleted from amlinx.ru

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-01-14

New test build from today is working very well for me. Big improvements on HEVC in particular

http://xbmc.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=73545&postcount=433

Bootloader.bin is within the bootcardmaker.zip. (The original bootloader is to fix power on from remote.) You prep the SD to make it bootable using the exe with the bin file and then copy the contents of the TWRP.zip to the SD.

So back on android but cannot access recovery on box or boot from sd card for twrp recovery? Any ideas?

Im v v v v confused, starts boot logo then screen goes blank , light changes on box then nothing on screen , if i boot up with av cable in it doesnt show boot logo but then continues to boot in ooenelec on av at 576i

Might be something to do with the TV or HDMI cable as I've noticed that there is no output if you start the box with the HDMI cable unplugged. In your case it's as if it's not detecting your TV is plugged in. Just out of interest what's the output of "cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap" when the HDMI cable is plugged in? You're best bet may be to ask Kerber over at xbmc.ru

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - TheLegendOfMart - 2015-01-14

Anyone have slow wifi with this device?

Copying files to it I'm getting 500kb/s, when I watch 720p or 1080p video it buffers every 30 seconds to a minute.

It worked fine for a week or so but has suddenly gone really slow.

No, WiFi performance is excellent for me, both range and speed. I would try rebooting any routers and switches you have. Perhaps change the wifi channel on your router. Has anything else changed which may be causing interference?

Def not the hdmi cable or tv ive tried diff cables, plus it detects when it starts to boot up as it shows boot logo etc then goes blank when booting openelec. If it put it back to android it boots up fine.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - TheLegendOfMart - 2015-01-14

I used a wifi scanner to see which channel was less used and everything has been rebooted and I'm still getting slow wifi.

Nothing has changed since I bought it, really not sure what the problem is.

Reflashed back to stock Sumvision firmware and still have same problem.......

Well not sure why its doing this hdmi thing but all i can tell you is the date on the board is v1.0 20140927.
Think im gonna give up on getting this to work on openelec , spent too many hours on it and still not working.

Sometimes the view isnt worth the climb

(2015-01-14, 17:56)nukesta Wrote: Well not sure why its doing this hdmi thing but all i can tell you is the date on the board is v1.0 20140927.
Think im gonna give up on getting this to work on openelec , spent too many hours on it and still not working.

Sometimes the view isnt worth the climb

It's the exact same board as mine. All I can think of is that your tv isn't working with 720p/60Hz over HDMI which I think is the default. Can you access Kodi Video output settings from composite video out and change the refresh rate/resolution to something else?

(2015-01-14, 11:44)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: I used a wifi scanner to see which channel was less used and everything has been rebooted and I'm still getting slow wifi.

Nothing has changed since I bought it, really not sure what the problem is.

Reflashed back to stock Sumvision firmware and still have same problem.......
I guess something in your environment has changed or the box has developed a fault

Disp_cap is showing
480p
576p
720p
1080i
1080p
720p50hz
1080i50hz
1080p50hz*
1080p24hz

My tv is brand new lg