Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- BigNoid - 2011-02-04

ameinild Wrote:I'm just gonna catch up - is Danofun's Rightlistview implemented in the new version?

No, it´s not.

- dascmo - 2011-02-05

I don't thing it will ever be implemented as part of the base skin, you would need to add it yourself. I like it too but it needs to be re-implemented as each new release comes out. danofun's instructions still work but you need to find the proper line numbers to add the code, the line numbers in his instructions do not apply to the newer releases.

@big_noid

would it be possible to mark sections in the xml's to indicate what is handled in which area of that particular xml. I noticed some skinners do this and it makes modifications less complicated for those with little to no experience.

- BigNoid - 2011-02-05

dascmo Wrote:I don't thing it will ever be implemented as part of the base skin, you would need to add it yourself. I like it too but it needs to be re-implemented as each new release comes out. danofun's instructions still work but you need to find the proper line numbers to add the code, the line numbers in his instructions do not apply to the newer releases.

@big_noid

would it be possible to mark sections in the xml's to indicate what is handled in which area of that particular xml. I noticed some skinners do this and it makes modifications less complicated for those with little to no experience.

I thought danofun just made a mod for the right list view, so I read over the not-rated flag, party mode music submenu and artist addition to musicvisualization. Those three things are great additions I think, so thx Danofun and sorry I missed that, I already added the artist info, but the other two things are going in next release. I am not gonna add the view, because, although it looks great, I think it belongs to Cirrus. I think Low List is a worthy replacement though.
The addon system isn't making life easier for modding skins, I think for that reason you can use svn, so your changes won't get lost. You do have to keep up manually in the files that are edited. And in the rate I am currently going that is not an easy task. Hopefully I will be close to a 1.0 release soon, after that it will be mostly bugfixes so the skin is far more mod friendly after that.

- dascmo - 2011-02-05

The add-on updater is a great feature for XBMC but it has caused me issues with custom changes to skins when they get automagically updated Wink. I wound up editing the addon.xml to give the skin a new name and making a new folder with my changes. That way I can have a skin that remains stagnant with only my changes until I have time to reincorporate into the new release which thanks to you is like every few days Big Grin, but thats a good thing. Glad to hear party mode will be added to submenu, and btw lowlist does look great.

And again... thank you, thank you, thank you for your work.

New version - BigNoid - 2011-02-05

I uploaded a new version (0.5) to the repo. This should be the last update for a while (unless there are some major bugs), as I feel this version is close to a 1.0 release. So consider this a release candidate. I encourage everyone who wants to stay up-to-date to use the svn.

Changelog:
Code:
- Added: TV Show logo download button in Info screen for tvshows.
- Added: TvTunes support.
- Added: Aeon's Flow/No Flow animation in Showcase views.
- Added: It is now possible to add 3 video playlists to submenu of Movies.
- Added: It is now possible to add 3 video playlists to submenu of TV Shows.
- Added: It is now possible to add 3 music playlists to submenu of Music.
- Added: Video Playlists sub-menu item to Videos menu.
- Added: TV Show logo to Landscape view
- Added: Not Rated flag in VideoInfo / Party mode sub-menu item to Music menu- thx Danofun.
- Fixed: Infopanel visibility when exiting episode or seasons view.
- Repositioned Mediamenu.
- Several fixes and optimizations.

To add a playlist to a sub-menu go to: System-->Skin-->Playlist Shortcuts

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-02-06

Very Nice!

A kiosk-mode would be very cool.

Maybe this code could help:
Quote:<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus + !Skin.HasSetting(LockViews)</visible>

You may use it for the relevant parts like the view options and dialogvideoinfo.

Maybe you need also some include conditions:

Quote:!kiosk mode=
Onright/Onleft bring up options

kiosk mode=
<onleft>50</onleft>
<onright>50</onright>

Or maybe just nothing:
kiosk mode=
<onleft></onleft>
<onright></onright>

Need to place it for all views.

btw, two little bugs:
1-pressing 'down-down' don't show the fullscreen fanart (working well in DVD-Case and Landscape).
2-While in Programs-->Cinema Experience-->Addons Settings--> while browsing for a Special Intro
the new opened window gets into the background instead of the foreground.
Not sure if this applies for all addons with browsing-functionality.

Cheers

- muzzakus - 2011-02-06

Hmm, can't see .5 on there yet so commenting on .4

YouTube keeps switching to wall view constantly. Set it to list or lowlife. Come back in later, wall view.

Any ideas? With the .5 playlist updates and YouTube working properly things would be awesome to the max for me.

- SavellM - 2011-02-06

Hey Big_Nord.

Nox looks awesome!
How resource intensive is it?
And how big is the Repo?

Wondering if this will work nicely on Apple TV 2?

- BigNoid - 2011-02-06

muzzakus Wrote:Hmm, can't see .5 on there yet so commenting on .4

YouTube keeps switching to wall view constantly. Set it to list or lowlife. Come back in later, wall view.

Any ideas? With the .5 playlist updates and YouTube working properly things would be awesome to the max for me.

This seems to be a bug in the youtube plugin. I tried this in Confluence and Alaska Revisted and in both skins the youtube plugin defaults to whatever view it has as default, no matter what viewtype you set.

- BigNoid - 2011-02-06

SavellM Wrote:Hey Big_Nord.

Nox looks awesome!
How resource intensive is it?
And how big is the Repo?

Wondering if this will work nicely on Apple TV 2?

The skin is unpacked 47 MB, the zip in the repo is 35 MB.
I've heard it runs quite smooth on ion systems, but I have no way of testing that. I've not heard about performance on Apple TV2. Try it out and let us know!

- Revenge - 2011-02-06

I have a Atom D525 + Ion 2 and the Skin runs very smooth.

Big_Noid are you thinking of implementing new Languages to the Skin? If so, i can help you with the Portuguese Language.

- BigNoid - 2011-02-06

ubuntuf4n Wrote:Very Nice!

btw, two little bugs:
1-pressing 'down-down' don't show the fullscreen fanart (working well in DVD-Case and Landscape).
2-While in Programs-->Cinema Experience-->Addons Settings--> while browsing for a Special Intro
the new opened window gets into the background instead of the foreground.
Not sure if this applies for all addons with browsing-functionality.

Cheers
In what view it doesn't work? I tested it just now and for me it works in Landscape, Showcase and DVD Case. It's true it's not implemented in music library. I will add that in the music views also.
The filebrowser bug is now fixed in svn. btw the same bug is also in Confluence.

- PatOso - 2011-02-06

Big Noid this aeon is very soft, great job, but could include a source for other languages with accentsHuh?
looks like this (PELíCULAS) and should be (PELÍCULAS).
Sorry i only speak little inglish.

Thank you very much.

- BigNoid - 2011-02-06

Revenge Wrote:I have a Atom D525 + Ion 2 and the Skin runs very smooth.

Big_Noid are you thinking of implementing new Languages to the Skin? If so, i can help you with the Portuguese Language.

There are some problems when a different language is selected. When I made this skin I had only English language in mind. I will look how hard it is to implement other languages. I will start with my native language (dutch) to see what labels should be altered.

- PatOso - 2011-02-06

When ready, translate it in Spanish.
The Skin Back Row had this problem and solved it

Thanks.