Kodi Community Forum
Release Eminence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Release Eminence (/showthread.php?tid=187071)

RE: Eminence - Realst - 2015-01-12

(2015-01-12, 02:12)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-01-12, 00:59)Realst Wrote: Couple of quick questions:
1. When streaming video from HTTP source is there any way to add buffering progress into the OSD progress bar or is left out on purpose?
2. Is there a way to add video file as background "image" for the main menu items or is it a Kodi/XBMC limitation? For example: If I move on the "Movies" button it would play random movie trailer from my folder rather than showing random fanart from my library?
3. Any way to add an option to hide item names (Movies, TV, Music, etc) from the main menu? You can easily tell which button is which just by looking at the icons so the names underneath them feel a bit unnecessary.

Thank you for your time Smile
1. Im working on this. Probably will get done this afternoon.
2. Not really possible without being really hacky. But im pretty sure you can use a gif but it has to be encoded a certain way for it to play properly.
3. I might add an option for this because I can see the appeal.

Alrighty! Thank you very much! Smile

RE: Eminence - GoogleRocks! - 2015-01-12

(2015-01-11, 09:59)wrxtasy Wrote: Ok I was doing it the lazy way.
The proper way in advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<splash>false</splash>
</advancedsettings>

Now Q...Any way the OSD can stay hidden till the video finishes on startup ?

@ jurialmunkey - Nice touch with the addition of the "Set Startup Video" option!

1.) Except, When using Profile Login option for multi-user or test configurations, the animation doesn't start until a User Profile has been selected. Therefore the delayed animation start makes it look choppy and hacky. I'm thinking you should be able to load the animation before the login process is called...

2.) While on the topic of OSD Menu behaviour, perhaps you could set a timer on Pause/Resume so that the menu will auto hide when a video is Resumed from a Paused state. Currently you have to [Esc] to hide the menu and it is a bit of a pain.

Been out of the picture for a while with life, but I really like what you've accomplished with this skin. Great work man, Great work!

@ wrxtasy - Thanks for taking the initiative! I like!! (When Login Screen is disabled)

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2015-01-12

@googlerocks - ill have a look into 1 when I get the chance, hadnt even thought to test with the login screen. 2 I think would be a good feature, however it really needs to be a built in kodi feature rather than a skin feature.

RE: Eminence - deletedpenguin - 2015-01-12

Hi jurial, it's been awhile. I noticed that you've got a link up for the Helix development version of this skin. Put it to good use over the weekend and noticed a few aesthetic changes (which I liked!). It got me wondering though...

Are the changes/functional improvements being discussed in this thread making it to the Helix build or are you taking the Helix version in a little bit of a new direction?

I realised there weren't any major changes, other than the video OSD, but it did get me thinking about other changes we might see down the road.

Thanks mate, and appreciate all your work.

RE: Eminence - NightFox89 - 2015-01-14

Hey jurialmunkey,

First of all, I love your skin. I've added some new icons for:

Dumpert (A popular dutch funny video site)
9gag (A popular english site with a video addon)

Since those two are pretty popular video addons, I've requested a pull request, I don't know if you want those in the default skin but just in case Wink

Eminence - Stantor - 2015-01-14

Hi jurialmunkey,

I think I have found some sort of issue
So I thought for a while that my movies and TV shows weren't auto marking as watched, so I mucked around with the advanced settings to see if that was an issue (change the point to mark as watched to 80) after that the problem was still happening.

The next thing I did was re install kodi. Still not fixed

Today, I played a tv show from the normal menus and it marked as watched.

I tried to upload a photo but it's not working so I'll do my best to describe where I clicked.

I'm running the minimal menu, with a tv show tab, and no hub (the one you press down for). I run a widget that runs a playlist of shows added in the last 7 days, and a play count of 0. When I select that widget, after I watch a show or movie, I won't mark as watched anywhere. I have to go and manually mark it.

As I said before, when I go into tv shows and watch something,it will mark as watched

(2015-01-14, 12:15)Stantor Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey,

I think I have found some sort of issue
So I thought for a while that my movies and TV shows weren't auto marking as watched, so I mucked around with the advanced settings to see if that was an issue (change the point to mark as watched to 80) after that the problem was still happening.

The next thing I did was re install kodi. Still not fixed

Today, I played a tv show from the normal menus and it marked as watched.

I tried to upload a photo but it's not working so I'll do my best to describe where I clicked.

I'm running the minimal menu, with a tv show tab, and no hub (the one you press down for). I run a widget that runs a playlist of shows added in the last 7 days, and a play count of 0. When I select that widget, after I watch a show or movie, I won't mark as watched anywhere. I have to go and manually mark it.

As I said before, when I go into tv shows and watch something,it will mark as watched

Have you tried a different skin to see if this is a kodi issue or a eminence? Sounds like a problem within your Kodi installation. Even after a re-install there are some settings left from a previous installation. At least, here there were when I reinstalled kodi last week Wink

RE: Eminence - Stantor - 2015-01-14

Sorry, I uninstalled and re installed. Because it's to do with the widget specific to eminence I couldn't get the same thing to happen on any other skin.

Do you have a similar setup?

Is there a way to remove everything (including registry entries) kodi and start fresh?

(2015-01-14, 12:21)Stantor Wrote: Sorry, I uninstalled and re installed. Because it's to do with the widget specific to eminence I couldn't get the same thing to happen on any other skin.
Hmmz, in that case sounds indeed like a problem with eminence. But then again, Jurialmunkey knows that better than me.

(2015-01-14, 12:21)Stantor Wrote: Is there a way to remove everything (including registry entries) kodi and start fresh?
I honestly don't know. I would have done it manually I guess. (Search registry, remove from %appdata% and program files etc)

RE: Eminence - furii - 2015-01-14

i have a fresh OE5 install and just installed the latest master from git. i'm having an issue where if i play a tv show from the in progress widget it doesn't get updated as watched when it completes. is anyone else experiencing this? jurial would a log help?

RE: Eminence - Stantor - 2015-01-14

That's pretty much the same issue as me, but I run Windows 8.1

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2015-01-15

Is the issue with the widget still showing the video after watching or is the video not being marked as watched in the library. If its not being marked as watched in the library then it is a kodi issue not a skin issue.

RE: Eminence - furii - 2015-01-15

(2015-01-15, 01:49)jurialmunkey Wrote: Is the issue with the widget still showing the video after watching or is the video not being marked as watched in the library. If its not being marked as watched in the library then it is a kodi issue not a skin issue.

i actually figured out it was the latter earlier, you can see my post here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=142389&pid=1892400#pid1892400
the problem only presents itself when i press stop when the credits roll. if i let the entire episode play out it gets marked as watched correctly. additionally it seems resume points are not created when playing back from the widget either. i posted in the skin.widgets thread but i'm not sure if the issue resides with the addon or deeper within kodi.

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2015-01-15

The skin doesnt use skin.widgets except for the global mixed widget. All others are either service.library.data.provider or a smart playlist. It might have something to do with the filling a list from a path method that I use that was introduced in gotham. Do you know which widget type it specifically happens with?

EDIT: I see it was happening to you in arctic which only uses skin.widgets so it might actually be related to that service afterall.

RE: Eminence - furii - 2015-01-15

i'll attempt to not derail things too much. the post i made in the skin.widgets thread was done while using conq but i had noticed the issue with eminence before trying conq. after seeing your post here i went back and retested things in eminence. if i play a show from the home screen with the global background widget set to in progress tv shows (which shows as plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedpisodes&reload=) things are not updated correctly. they are not marked as watched nor are resume points created if you stop in the middle. however, if i start an episode from the tv hub with the tv show widget set to in progress shows are marked as watched properly and resume points are created as expected.

so strangely it doesn't seem to be a bug with skin.widgets but a bug that affects both skin.widgets and service.library.data.provider when playing things from the home screen.

like i said before, happy to provide a log if it might help. not really sure if it is a skin issue or not at this point.