Kodi Community Forum
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on (/showthread.php?tid=353349)

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - primaeval - 2018-04-03

I've got a couple of Android 4 boxes that I put LibreELEC on via sdcards and they still work quite well.
It's worth a look unless you are relying on any Android apps.
I think this is a link to some builds for Android boxes as Ed said.
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/5274-index-libreelec-community-builds-for-amlogic/

You can squeeze a bit more out of Kodi on low power devices by getting rid of the skin animations with this: Skin Tightener

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - Shrike - 2018-04-03

I have just installed FTMC and on that one iplayerwww v2.5.32 runs smoothly! Also no problem with black level. Btw this is the same iplayerwww version that won't run anymore on my Kodi 16.1. I have yet to see how stable it is but my problem seems to be solved for now! (as long as it lasts...)

LibreELEC looks interesting to try. But at the moment I'm still using a few more Android apps on the box. However, it's 90% used for Kodi so if I get more problems in the future I'm definitely going to give the LibreELEC route a try. Looks like a nice hobby project too!

New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - ed_davidson01 - 2018-04-04

(2018-04-03, 20:11)Shrike Wrote: I have just installed FTMC and on that one iplayerwww v2.5.32 runs smoothly! Also no problem with black level. Btw this is the same iplayerwww version that won't run anymore on my Kodi 16.1. I have yet to see how stable it is but my problem seems to be solved for now! (as long as it lasts...)

LibreELEC looks interesting to try. But at the moment I'm still using a few more Android apps on the box. However, it's 90% used for Kodi so if I get more problems in the future I'm definitely going to give the LibreELEC route a try. Looks like a nice hobby project too!

Depending on your box you can run kodi from an external sd card thus keeping all your android apps.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - khinch - 2018-04-15

Hi, I have two Kodi boxes and one of them won't play some videos on iPlayer. Some videos work and some don't. I have captured a snippet from the logs at the point of failure:
Quote:08:46:35.078 T:3845124864   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/default.py", line 213, in <module>
                                                Video.AddAvailableStreamItem(name, url, iconimage, description)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/resources/lib/ipwww_video.py", line 1395, in AddAvailableStreamItem
                                                PlayStream(name, match[0][2], iconimage, description, subtitles_url)
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
08:46:35.219 T:4079313488   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fiplayer%2Fepisode%2Fb07w5b7v%2Fsign%2Fdo-you-know-series-1-10-water-park-and-ice-cream&mode=202&name=Do+You+Know%3F+-+Series+1%3A+10.+Water+Park+and+Ice+Cream&iconimage=https%3A%2F%2Fichef.bbci.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fic%2F832x468%2Fp047619f.jpg&description=Maddie+goes+for+a+fun+day+out.+She+visits+an+indoor+water+park.&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False]
Other videos from the same channel and series seem to work fine, and this video plays fine on my other Kodi box. Both of these systems are running iPlayerwww version 3.0.24. The one that fails is an OSMC Vero 4K, and the one that works is a PC running Lubuntu 16.04.3 with Kodi 17.6.

Does anyone have a clue what's happening here please?

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - CaptainT - 2018-04-15

(2018-04-15, 10:21)khinch Wrote: Hi, I have two Kodi boxes and one of them won't play some videos on iPlayer. Some videos work and some don't. I have captured a snippet from the logs at the point of failure:

Other videos from the same channel and series seem to work fine, and this video plays fine on my other Kodi box. Both of these systems are running iPlayerwww version 3.0.24. The one that fails is an OSMC Vero 4K, and the one that works is a PC running Lubuntu 16.04.3 with Kodi 17.6.

Does anyone have a clue what's happening here please?
I can't check this right now, so I am only guessing:

1. Are both systems on the same network, with the same settings, e.g. DNS?
2. Can you please check if the stream selection settings differ, e.g. if one uses DASH, and the other HLS? Different CDNs?

Yes, the're both on the same LAN connected to the same router and tvheadend backend etc, and there are no other issues there.

I checked the settings, the working one was using DASH, the semi-working one was using HLS. I set them both to DASH but there is no change in the behaviour. (I really thought that was it when I saw they were different!)

(2018-04-15, 13:20)khinch Wrote: Yes, the're both on the same LAN connected to the same router and tvheadend backend etc, and there are no other issues there.

I checked the settings, the working one was using DASH, the semi-working one was using HLS. I set them both to DASH but there is no change in the behaviour. (I really thought that was it when I saw they were different!)
Ok, that's odd. Can you confirm that the semi-working one does support DASH in general? I.e.: Is Inputstream Adaptive active?

The error you are getting means that no stream whatsoever has been found. Apart from one particular programme not being supported as a DASH or HLS stream, I can only think of one more reason: Are you sure you are in the UK?

Yes, I am in the UK.

I've just found a couple of things which should shed more light on this, and it also appears this issue isn't as I initially described it. I just re-tested the same episode on the "good" box and it didn't work there either. It seems like when my wife said "this episode works in the other room" she was talking about iPlayer on our smartTV, not the Kodi box plugged into that SmartTV. That serves me right for trusting someone else instead of checking all the details for myself! Apologies for the red herring and I hope I didn't waste much of anyone's time as a result of that bad info.

What I have noticed is that all the episodes that fail to play appear to be the ones with an overlay person signing for the deaf viewers. I'm not sure if this is a known bug or limitation of the plugin.

In case anyone wants to confirm and/or investigate this behaviour, the program in question is the CBeebies series "Do You Know?", episodes:
S1 E10 - Waterpark and Ice Cream
S1 E11 - Popcorn and Pasta
S1 E12 - Helicoptor Rotor and Tricycle
S1 E13 - Toilet Flush and Toilet
S1 E14 - Carousel and Wax Crayons
These are all available on iPlayer at the moment.

If there's anything else I can do do debug or test please let me know (although after today I won't have much time until the weekend).

I also just want to say thanks for the great plugin and thanks to the Kodi community as a whole. I only just made my login for the forum today, but I've been using it for years as a TvHeadend frontend and general media player and I love it.

(2018-04-15, 16:07)khinch Wrote: Yes, I am in the UK.

I've just found a couple of things which should shed more light on this, and it also appears this issue isn't as I initially described it. I just re-tested the same episode on the "good" box and it didn't work there either. It seems like when my wife said "this episode works in the other room" she was talking about iPlayer on our smartTV, not the Kodi box plugged into that SmartTV. That serves me right for trusting someone else instead of checking all the details for myself! Apologies for the red herring and I hope I didn't waste much of anyone's time as a result of that bad info.

What I have noticed is that all the episodes that fail to play appear to be the ones with an overlay person signing for the deaf viewers. I'm not sure if this is a known bug or limitation of the plugin.

In case anyone wants to confirm and/or investigate this behaviour, the program in question is the CBeebies series "Do You Know?", episodes:
S1 E10 - Waterpark and Ice Cream
S1 E11 - Popcorn and Pasta
S1 E12 - Helicoptor Rotor and Tricycle
S1 E13 - Toilet Flush and Toilet
S1 E14 - Carousel and Wax Crayons
These are all available on iPlayer at the moment.

If there's anything else I can do do debug or test please let me know (although after today I won't have much time until the weekend).

I also just want to say thanks for the great plugin and thanks to the Kodi community as a whole. I only just made my login for the forum today, but I've been using it for years as a TvHeadend frontend and general media player and I love it.

Thanks for the additional information, especially the exact description of affected programmes. Seems like there is a problem with the signed episodes. I will take a closer look as soon as possible. Worst case, this might take till the end of the week.

Ok, no probs. If you need any more info let me know. Cheers.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - CaptainT - 2018-04-18

(2018-04-15, 22:17)khinch Wrote: Ok, no probs. If you need any more info let me know. Cheers.
 Thanks for your patience, and the detailed problem description. This was a tricky one: The programmes you mentioned are not available in standard format, they are only available as signed. The add-on was not able to cope with that and ran into several problems at once. On my computer the whole behaviour was pretty unpredictable, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, depending on which stream was found (or not found) first.

I hope that the next version, which is on its' way to the official repo, will solve this issue in general. Even if there are no standard programmes available, the add-on should now play the audio-described or signed version.

If this broke something else, please report back here.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - khinch - 2018-04-21

Brilliant, thanks. It doesn't seem to have hit the repo yet. If it lands this weekend I'll re-test and let you know. Cheers Smile

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - User 272336 - 2018-04-21

Version 3.0.25 which I believe addresses some of the issues listed above is available. It did show up as an update about 20 hours ago.
Could you check your update settings or maybe install directly from the KODI repository (The version above is listed)

Hope that helps.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - bicky - 2018-04-23

I have a new to me fault with IPlayer www. On catch up I get the error " EOF occurred in violation of Protocol SSL c:590". All live channels are fine, just on catch up. Any ideas please.I am running on Android 5.1.1, with Smart DNS and use either FTMC, SPMC or Kodi 17.6.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - khinch - 2018-04-29

I checked again this weekend and 3.0.25 was available, so I updated it and retried the shows that wouldn't play and now they work fine. My daughter is watching one of those episodes now and is very happy, so thanks for all the hard work, much appreciated!