Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2011-10-11

jubilex Wrote:Here is my pastebin log: http://pastebin.com/AcbJFy8H

I have tried queing a movie and also simply launching the script from the movie's movie info page without queueing first.

Though not a debug log... The error hinted at the problem. In the script's settings, there is an option called Pre-Eden. I believe you will find that it is turned on right now, this needs to be turned off.

- jubilex - 2011-10-11

Yes, that was it, thank you very much. Fantastic plug-in. I'm coming (back) to XBMC from Meedios, which had lots of plugins and options to do similar things, but it was all such a huge pain in the ass. This one works beautifully out of the gate (now that I know what my error was).

- lildwell - 2011-10-11

This script is great but I have one problem. It will only let me play one movie. I want to play double features and use advertisements between the two movies but the script just plays one and thats it. Any help?

- locomot1f - 2011-10-11

giftie Wrote:Slight update, nothing functional, but added feature for skin developers to disable aspects of the skin(Busy/Buffering Dialog, TV Tunes)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aljc7nv56l5vs0i/script.cinema.experience.1.0.51.zip

just tried to install this, and got the error about the structure being wrong.

Using the nightly from today - xbmc-20111011-5a0a5b0-master-atv2.deb

Also, still trying to solve my problem with the ATV 2. If anyone out there reading this post is able to get this plugin to work, please let me know.

Do I need PVR support on my atv 2?

- giftie - 2011-10-11

locomot1f Wrote:just tried to install this, and got the error about the structure being wrong.

Using the nightly from today - xbmc-20111011-5a0a5b0-master-atv2.deb

Also, still trying to solve my problem with the ATV 2. If anyone out there reading this post is able to get this plugin to work, please let me know.

Do I need PVR support on my atv 2?

I guess I needed to actually put stuff inside the zip.. palm meet face...

Just updated the file and this should work..

Have you tried a skin that is less of a memory hog(Aeon Nox) I had difficulties running on Aeon MQ3 my self(using a decent HTPC)

And no, you don't need PVR support the errors are just because the skin is looking for a XBMC version that is built with a PVR(even though it still is a separate development branch still)

- giftie - 2011-10-11

lildwell Wrote:This script is great but I have one problem. It will only let me play one movie. I want to play double features and use advertisements between the two movies but the script just plays one and thats it. Any help?

This feature depends on the skin and settings in the script. Some skins do support the Home Screen integration, which allows you to queue multiple movies. Transparency! has the setting labeled as "Integrate Cinema Experience in home movie menu buttons" Others may have it in different wording.

In Cinema Experience's settings you need to increase the number of features ( Feature Presentaion -> Number Of Features )

Now from the Home Window you can click on the Movies button and it will start the script in Multi Feature mode. To select movies press 'Q' or '0' - Zero to queue the movies. Once the selected number of movies has be reached the script will automatically start from there.

- locomot1f - 2011-10-12

giftie Wrote:I guess I needed to actually put stuff inside the zip.. palm meet face...

Just updated the file and this should work..

Have you tried a skin that is less of a memory hog(Aeon Nox) I had difficulties running on Aeon MQ3 my self(using a decent HTPC)

And no, you don't need PVR support the errors are just because the skin is looking for a XBMC version that is built with a PVR(even though it still is a separate development branch still)

Thanks giftie!

switching skins did the trick. i'll let the owner of Aeon MQ3 know about the difficulties.

- giftie - 2011-10-12

I just know that Aeon MQ3 is not really an ATV2 skin(due to the limited resources of the ATV2) and then add a script that is also not friendly to the resources(there is a lot going on at the start of the script) I am not surprised there were problems(I don't have an ATV2 to test on, just a Linux box as my primary and a Windows 7 that I develop from.)

Glad you got it working...

- m0v1em4n - 2011-10-12

Hi Guys,

Are we OK with the present nightly build, thought I read somewhere that CE needed updating to support

- jubilex - 2011-10-12

Only thing I can think of that would improve this would be more flexibility, perhaps via having all settings in an XML. So that we could, for example, have 2 preview trailers from Apple (streamed; newest, upcoming movies), followed by a preview trailer taken from our Library, followed by one from the Apple database (older movie). Ideally even include genre/year range/etc in the options, so that we could have, say, a horror movie trailer included amongst the randoms.

So something like this:
<item>
<type>trailer intro/trailer/trailer outro/feature intro/etc</type>
<quantity>1/2/3/random/etc</quantity>
<scraper>apple stream/apple database/library/folder/etc</scraper>
<genre>random (default)/match/newest/drama/horror/etc</genre>
<rating>any (default)/match/R/PG/etc</rating>
<year>any/match/(specified decade)</year>
</item>

...that kind of thing. Then we just include as many items as we'd like up to the playlist limit (quantity tag could be left out and instead just enter each item manually in the xml).

Is this something that is possible or interesting?

- giftie - 2011-10-12

m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi Guys,

Are we OK with the present nightly build, thought I read somewhere that CE needed updating to support

I have posted a link to a test version(1.0.51) that works with nighties(tested with a compile from yesterday) it needs testing on dharma as well

- giftie - 2011-10-13

This would take quite a rewrite of the script. Also this would not be for the common user(way too complex) Also the option of mixing trailer scrapers would probably slow the script down a fair bit(just consider 900 trailers from movie library, 1000's-10000's from AMT-db, 20 or so from Apple recent and who knows how many from a local folder. That would take a while to pick just 10 random ones.. Also the settings are stored in an XML file already.
/userdata/addon_data/script.cinema.experience/settings.xml

jubilex Wrote:Only thing I can think of that would improve this would be more flexibility, perhaps via having all settings in an XML. So that we could, for example, have 2 preview trailers from Apple (streamed; newest, upcoming movies), followed by a preview trailer taken from our Library, followed by one from the Apple database (older movie). Ideally even include genre/year range/etc in the options, so that we could have, say, a horror movie trailer included amongst the randoms.

So something like this:
<item>
<type>trailer intro/trailer/trailer outro/feature intro/etc</type>
<quantity>1/2/3/random/etc</quantity>
<scraper>apple stream/apple database/library/folder/etc</scraper>
<genre>random (default)/match/newest/drama/horror/etc</genre>
<rating>any (default)/match/R/PG/etc</rating>
<year>any/match/(specified decade)</year>
</item>

...that kind of thing. Then we just include as many items as we'd like up to the playlist limit (quantity tag could be left out and instead just enter each item manually in the xml).

Is this something that is possible or interesting?

- jubilex - 2011-10-13

Gotcha, no problem. I know it's not a widespread desire, I'd just love to see a trailer from an upcoming movie to watch out for, along with one from an older movie I may have missed.

Anyway, thanks for the script, I love it.

- cfg9000 - 2011-10-14

Is there a pack out there for this that includes only more modern clips?

- canadave - 2011-10-14

Hi,

I'm having some weirdness trying to run Cinema Experience for the first time (on my ATV2, using the Oct 11 nightly). I installed the addon from repo, went to my movies, and clicked the Cinema button. But instead of CE starting, some sort of cast member lookup/movie lookup screen popped up, as if it was searching for a cast name in the movie I was trying to watch.

I then tried loading the 1.0.51 CE script that was posted a couple of days ago. Same thing happened. I'm using Night skin, but also it happened on cirrus extended.

Here's my XBMC log:
http://pastebin.com/vUQdeB8R

Strangely, after a couple of minutes, my Trivia slides did show. But then, I couldn't exit out of them! I had to -killall AppleTV to exit. So all in all, not quite what was supposed to happen Smile

Not sure if there's anything else needed to troubleshoot this? If there is, I'll gladly provide it if it'll help.