Kodi Community Forum
XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: XBMC app for/by Ouya released (/showthread.php?tid=171732)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - sarlan19 - 2013-09-29

Maybe i'm completly off but if we can root the ouya can't we just install OpenElec on it ?

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Ned Scott - 2013-09-30

(2013-09-29, 22:29)sarlan19 Wrote: Maybe i'm completly off but if we can root the ouya can't we just install OpenElec on it ?

There isn't an OpenELEC that runs on OUYA hardware yet, but you can install other OSes. Debian and Ubuntu have already been tried on the OUYA, but I don't know if XBMC can access the hardware video decoding APIs yet under those OSes.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - chtfn - 2013-09-30

Hi Koying and everyone

I have been using XBMC for Ouya for a while, with the latest firmware and latest XBMC update, and I seem to have tried everything but I can't seem to be able to make the subtitles work.
I have the subtitles add-on enabled, and I think I checked all the settings but I can not see why this would not work (path, add-on settings, skin settings, subtitles position...).
I open the OSD subtitle menu, the add-on finds subtitles on OpenSubtitles, I select the one I want and the movie resumes but without subtitles. I check the Audio menu from the OSD, and I see the name of the subtitle file, subtitle is enabled... If I reopen the OSD subtitle menu, it tells me that a local subtitle is available. And in the skin settings, the XBMC Subtitles add-on is selected for subtitles.

Another thing I noticed is that if I stop the movie and start it again, the subtitle is not available anymore from the OSD Audio menu, and the add-on does not tell me that there is a local subtitle anymore.

Could someone who uses subtitles flawlessly tell me what their settings are? (Path, other details...)

I tried reinstalling the add-on, to no avail... Should I completely reinstall XBMC?

Thanks in advance for any help!

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Steini - 2013-09-30

Subtitles work perfectly for me. I can check the settings when I get off work in about 8 hours.

Have you check the logs? My guess is that the OUYA does not have write permissions where it wants to place the subtitle file.

Make sure the destination folder is writable from the ouya and check if the sub is actually written to disk.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Koying - 2013-09-30

Guys, I would suggest to NOT accept the coming XBMC on OUYA update. More on this in the coming days.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - nospamjl - 2013-09-30

Unless rooted I don't think you have the option of not upgrading?

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Alchete - 2013-09-30

(2013-09-30, 12:36)Koying Wrote: Guys, I would suggest to NOT accept the coming XBMC on OUYA update. More on this in the coming days.
Ouch! I read the patch notes. Now we really need to get passthrough working... Wink Smile

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - lartomar2002 - 2013-09-30

(2013-09-30, 20:04)Alchete Wrote:
(2013-09-30, 12:36)Koying Wrote: Guys, I would suggest to NOT accept the coming XBMC on OUYA update. More on this in the coming days.
Ouch! I read the patch notes. Now we really need to get passthrough working... Wink Smile
Please, where are the patch notes? Never mind I found out about the ac3, dts issue. If Ouya is supposed to be run by experienced people then how did this licensing fall through the crack. I thought everyone knew that whenever you are dealing with Dolby Digital, YOU NEED A LICENSE. //facepalm* shaking of head//. All though I am not sure if you need a license if you are only passing it through.
Can't we still use the sideloaded XBMC or will this patch effect the whole system
BTW, how do we block the XBMC on Ouya update, I'm rooted?

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Dilligaf - 2013-09-30

https://github.com/ouya/xbmc/commits/master

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - lartomar2002 - 2013-10-01

How do I stop this update?

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Alchete - 2013-10-01

Yes, you would just need to sideload a version without this patch, and you should be fine.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - chtfn - 2013-10-01

(2013-09-30, 12:05)Steini Wrote: Subtitles work perfectly for me. I can check the settings when I get off work in about 8 hours.

Have you check the logs? My guess is that the OUYA does not have write permissions where it wants to place the subtitle file.

Make sure the destination folder is writable from the ouya and check if the sub is actually written to disk.

Hi Steini

Thanks for your answer, I will try to upload a log.

What path are you using for saving your subtitles?

Cheers

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - chtfn - 2013-10-01

(2013-09-30, 12:05)Steini Wrote: Subtitles work perfectly for me. I can check the settings when I get off work in about 8 hours.

Hi again

I just had a look and I fixed it thanks to your pointers.

What I did is that I created a dedicated folder with FilePawn: /storage/sdcard0/subtitles
Then I chose this folder both in
Code:
Settings > Videos > Subtitles > Subtitles folder
and in the XBMC Subtitles add-on settings.

Now it works perfectly ! Smile

Thanks a lot !

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Steini - 2013-10-01

(2013-10-01, 04:07)chtfn Wrote:

Hi again

I just had a look and I fixed it thanks to your pointers.

What I did is that I created a dedicated folder with FilePawn: /storage/sdcard0/subtitles
Then I chose this folder both in
Code:
Settings > Videos > Subtitles > Subtitles folder
and in the XBMC Subtitles add-on settings.

Now it works perfectly ! Smile

Thanks a lot !

Sorry that I forgot to write back last nigh, but great to hear you worked it out.

I use "Subtitle download folder same as movie". It work for me since I have my videos on a samba share that is writable by xbmc.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Koying - 2013-10-01

(2013-09-29, 20:15)Steini Wrote: Step 2 - Make a poweroff.py with the code below and copy it to /storage/sdcard0/ (you can use the xbmc file manager)
Code:
import os
os.system("su -c 'reboot -p'")
I read that "reboot -p" is not very safe, as it seems to basically be the equivalent of pulling the power plug...
That could lead to filesystem corruption.