Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- butchabay - 2011-10-26

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Ah, I understand now. Does the background video window have any visibility conditions that you can check? (i.e. once media is finished the video window should hide - we can then check this condition and restart your playlist)

Yes there is the video window condition in includes.xml

PHP Code:
<include name="CommonMediaPlayingBackground">
    <
control type="image">
      <
posx>0</posx>
      <
posy>0</posy>
      <
width>1280</width>
      <
height>720</height>
      <
texture>special://skin/backgrounds/media-overlay.png</texture>

<visible>Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(ShowBackgroundVideo)+ !SubString(Window(10025).Property(tvtunesIsAlive),True)</visible>
    </
control>
    <
control type="visualisation">
      <
posx>0</posx>
      <
posy>0</posy>
      <
width>1280</width>
      <
height>720</height>
      <
visible>Player.HasAudio + !Skin.HasSetting(ShowBackgroundVis)+ !SubString(Window(10025).Property(tvtunesIsAlive),True)</visible>
    </
control>
    <
control type="videowindow">
      <
posx>0</posx>
      <
posy>0</posy>
      <
width>1280</width>
      <
height>720</height>
      <
visible>Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(ShowBackgroundVideo)</visible>
    </
control

So there is Player.HasVideo as visible condition.

I am thinking to make a new include with a visible condition based on skin settings, something like Skin.HasSetting(dreamscene) ...

Hope we can get it to work, as it looks f.... damned fantastic Smile

- PatrickBateman - 2011-10-26

butchabay Wrote:1. IMDB Logo is in Media Folder. As for IMDB Logo in all views, will take some time to do it. But is on my todo list.
2. You have ideas Smile... don't think it's possible !
3. Put fanart.jpg into your artist folder, that's the fanart image that will show in the extended now playing bar.

Cheers

Hey butch,

I've got fanart.jpg in my music directory but this only seems to allow me to use it for "artist fanart on home when playing music"

I was hoping to have that used as the small picture found the middle of the extended now playing bar where I think extra fanart is shown?

Smile

- butchabay - 2011-10-26

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey butch,

I've got fanart.jpg in my music directory but this only seems to allow me to use it for "artist fanart on home when playing music"

I was hoping to have that used as the small picture found the middle of the extended now playing bar where I think extra fanart is shown?

Smile

PHP Code:
<texture>$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]/fanart.jpg</texture

You have Artist Info scraped in your library? The name of the artist name folder must exactly match else it won't show.

You have put you music path in skin settings ?

Edit: Extended Mod -- Option to make use of Clear Logos -- Music Path:

butchabay Wrote:
PHP Code:
<texture>$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]/fanart.jpg</texture

You have Artist Info scraped in your library? The name of the artist name folder must exactly match else it won't show.

You have put you music path in skin settings ?

Edit: Extended Mod -- Option to make use of Clear Logos -- Music Path:

Hey Butch,

Yea my current structure is as follows:

d:\music\A Perfect Circle\artist.nfo
d:\music\A Perfect Circle\fanart.jpg
d:\music\A Perfect Circle\folder.jpg
d:\music\A Perfect Circle\Mer De Noms\The Hollow.mp3
d:\music\A Perfect Circle\Mer De Noms\album.nfo
d:\music\A Perfect Circle\Mer De Noms\folder.jpg

Is that correct?

I wasnt a fan of the orange IMDB logo when using the new silver skin look and font colour.
So i took the IMDB logo and brought it into line with the rest of the skin, while still giving it slight difference in appareance to the other flags.

If anyone wants to use it, its here...
I think it looks great when using the silver view and looks much better when in the movie info screen and OSD when info is displayed (personally)

- butchabay - 2011-10-26

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey Butch,

Yea my current structure is as follows:

d:\music\A Perfect Circle\artist.nfo
d:\music\A Perfect Circle\fanart.jpg
d:\music\A Perfect Circle\folder.jpg
d:\music\A Perfect Circle\Mer De Noms\The Hollow.mp3
d:\music\A Perfect Circle\Mer De Noms\album.nfo
d:\music\A Perfect Circle\Mer De Noms\folder.jpg

Is that correct?

I assume you have:

d:\music\A Perfect Circle
--- artist.nfo
----- fanart.jpg
-------folder.jpg
Mer De Noms
-----------album.nfo
-------------folder.jpg

If so yes, it's correct. The best way to have every feature from xbmc like cdart, clearlogo etc. is to have an artist structure.

So now go in Settings -- Extended Mod -- and set music path to D:\Music
and you should be fine.

Yes, that's correct. My suggestion is to handle music by artists,

- butchabay - 2011-10-26

PatrickBateman Wrote:I wasnt a fan of the orange IMDB logo when using the new silver skin look and font colour.
So i took the IMDB logo and brought it into line with the rest of the skin, while still giving it slight difference in appareance to the other flags.

If anyone wants to use it, its here...
I think it looks great when using the silver view and looks much better when in the movie info screen and OSD when info is displayed (personally)

Thanx mate, looks good. Will integrate it in the silver theme. Smile

Ahh fantastic..
Got it working...

Here's where I went wrong...

For the option music path, I had it set to "D:\" as I have my music sorted into genres.

D:\Music
D:\Soundtracks
D:\oldskool
Etc

So when I set it to D:\ no art work was showing for anything.. Now I set it to D:\Music I get fanart in the now playing bar for music that is under that folder...

Not perfect but means I can at least have some artwork showing.

Is it possible for have multiple locations or to have it set to the root directory and let it find the correct artwork its self?

Thanks thou butch, some art work it better than non Nod

Cheers bro,

- butchabay - 2011-10-26

Yes Pat, that's the only way for the moment, else xbmc will be more flexible for music as for videos. Btw, what do you think about the dreamscene videos playing in the background? Smile

butchabay Wrote:Yes Pat, that's the only way for the moment, else xbmc will be more flexible for music as for videos. Btw, what do you think about the dreamscene videos playing in the background? Smile

You'll wish you never asked Smile
I'm a bit split on this one... As a feature I don't see why it shouldn't be added if it's not to hard to do.. But for me, it would probably never be used (as it is/was never used on a pc) as I find it a bit... Cheesy (personally)

That said, if it is very subtle and does not to resource hungry and implemented properly (like sonys XMB on ps3 etc - sparkles) then it can work really well. The hard part will be finding decent videos that meet everyone's tastes.

As the videos are not so specific, im not sure it will suit me at all Sad

For me, I like to keep xbmc as integrated/appliance like as possible.
For example...
my windows wallpaper is the same as the wallpaper on xbmc, splash screen is disabled, therefore when xbmc starts it appears as if the menu is an overlay of my desktop...
Every option/menu within xbmc has the same main wallpaper and any menu that won't take my default wallpaper is set to black. This gives me speed, consistency, less resources in use, and no flashing/popping/waiting/delays/ etc when using my HTPC (I am a low powered user so i know not everyone is in my position)

As I have a low powered pc I would probably not utilise the feature much, but more than that... Even if i did have the power I'm not sure I would utilise it? I hated it in windows and am not sure I would want it on my HTPC... Unless of course there was a beautiful elegant background image that was subtle with it's animation.

Again,
with all that said, I am all for adding features that users can enable and disable to their hearts content, as everyone has different tastes and having the ability to enable that feature will probably drive more users to the skin, therefore increasing the feedback and input into the skin and therefore overall better for everyone Big Grin

So the upshot is... I personally am not a fan, but I think by adding it you will probably please and attract many new users of the skin Nod

Hows that Big Grin

- butchabay - 2011-10-26

You know that i like options to enable and disable Smile
You can add whatever you like as i'll do it to use videos in a specific folder and even using video-music playlists and let play them in loop. So a nice full hd aquarium on home screen would be fantastic Smile All this is in my brain and hopefully this could be done on skinning level!
Cheers

- Martijn - 2011-10-26

butchabay Wrote:You know that i like options to enable and disable Smile
You can add whatever you like as i'll do it to use videos in a specific folder and even using video-music playlists and let play them in loop. So a nice full hd aquarium on home screen would be fantastic Smile All this is in my brain and hopefully this could be done on skinning level!
Cheers

IMO these 'dreamscenes' must be very subtle or else they probably become annoying i think.

Big Noid uses the multiimage to create some smoke on main screen and other menus and i like the effect which is very subtle.
Using videos would make it more easy and less CPU intensive because videos are played using the GPU.

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:IMO these 'dreamscenes' must be very subtle or else they probably become annoying i think.

Big Noid uses the multiimage to create some smoke on main screen and other menus and i like the effect which is very subtle.
Using videos would make it more easy and less CPU intensive because videos are played using the GPU.

I agree entirely.

It must be subtle, and for me I'd like something very very subtle indeed as i too find them distrsctng.

One genuine use that I can see for is (which i mentioned a while back) would be for the weather fanart on home, where upon instead of showing images of the weather outside, it plays a loopped video of rain drops (if it's raining) or snowy trees (if it's snowing) etc etc etc (just like the weather+ app on iPhone does)

I agree with adding the feature though butch as it will bring in new users and make happy many current users and Others can disable it with no cost to them what so ever.

So I say go for it Smile

- Martijn - 2011-10-26

Agreed. Users can chose their own backgrounds so the same goes for the backscenes. Subtle weather conditions would be awesome. Would almost be happy if it actually rains outside Rolleyes
So go for it and let's see if it catches on Nod

Edit:
Just thought of something what would look awesome. Some smooth timelapse videos

- butchabay - 2011-10-26

The positive aspect of using a multiimage control is that you can have a background sound. That will not be possible using the video option. As said everything depends if all i have in mind is possible. Smile
If there where an easier way to create visualisations like while Playing music would be perfect.