Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - snoopyjoe - 2019-12-07

(2019-12-07, 16:59)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2019-12-06, 12:08)boblo Wrote: Hello,

Your plugin works like a charm on NVIDIA SHIELD TV but I have one feature request for a future version: please allow the export to the media library of a full directory like Library Integration Tool does. I would like to sync all online content in my media library, not just a few titles. My idea is to have all online content from several platforms (Netflix, Amazon, HBO) available in my media library.
The thing you propose is unmanageable it would involve a secure ban of the account,
there is already risk of ban by netflix with the current synchronization of library (and my list),
Netflix does not allow the extraction of large amounts of data 
@CastagnaIT So do you recommend that we not use the "Keep my list in sync" feature to avoid Netflix banning accounts? I've noticed that setting will do a complete export of "My List" and library update. Even for movies and shows that have not changed or isn't new. I think the feature is neat because one can add content from another device and it will sync to Kodi. Also, which may have been solved in recent updates, the export new episodes setting didn't always work well.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - boblo - 2019-12-07

(2019-12-06, 12:08)boblo Wrote:
(2019-11-24, 17:40)CastagnaIT Wrote: Important notification to users for next update (0.16.0)

In the next update, among other improvements, there is an important change for the future of the add-on that will make many users complain, at least initially.

A separate watched status marks for each profile has been introducedWhat does that involve?
This means that any data stored by Kodi of a video played with a profile, will no longer be mixed with the other netflix profiles.

The side effect is that this cause a loss of all watched status marks you have currently saved.
But ONLY in the case you browse the lists WITHIN the add-on,
so NOT externally of the add-on like Kodi library, and, NOT in Netflix website.

For the moment i left the choice to the user to activate or not, this option,
you will be asked the choice at the first time you start the addon after the update.

You also can also return to the old method in real time (to temporarily restoring the existing watched status):
Go to add-on expert settings, by turning ON or OFF the "Keep watched status marks separate for each profile" option.

But remember that this choice i leave is TEMPORARY.
This is to give you time to take note of the videos already seen, and implement the change with less pain.
In future versions this change will be permanent! If you have not already made the change, you will no longer be able to recover the existing watched status.

This new version will be released i think in less than 7 days from today.
This is a notice you will have plenty of time to realize the change.
Hello,

Your plugin works like a charm on NVIDIA SHIELD TV but I have one feature request for a future version: please allow the export to the media library of a full directory like Library Integration Tool does. I would like to sync all online content in my media library, not just a few titles. My idea is to have all online content from several platforms (Netflix, Amazon, HBO) available in my media library.

Thanks    

The thing you propose is unmanageable it would involve a secure ban of the account,
there is already risk of ban by netflix with the current synchronization of library (and my list),

(2019-12-06, 14:43)boblo Wrote:
(2019-12-06, 12:21)tomasiek Wrote: It is rather impossible. It would force too many queries to the Netflix website, which would lead to account being blocked for some time.
But what about if I browse a lot of video categories and titles using the Netflix add-on on the same day? That is perfectly possible and would lead to an account blocking as well. I think there is some risk of ban only the first time that all content is synced. But for next updates, if the add-on only queries the Netflix servers for changed content only, I think this would be a safe approach. What do you think about this?   

It doesn't work exactly like this, the number of requests to be made to the server would be too high,
your idea involves too many risks for the whole community,
if you want to implement it you can create your own Fork at your own risk 
Many thanks for your explanation. I understand your concern and I have given up my idea. But what about the wrong video category in movie list (my post with screenshot)?
Thanks again

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - proxymatt - 2019-12-08

(2018-03-08, 11:33)docwra Wrote: Adding Netflix items to your library
1) When you find a movie or Tv show you want to add to your Kodi library, press 'C' to enable the context menu, then select the 'export to library' option.
2) By default, the Netflix addon exports items to the following path on Windows and will create separate folders at this location for movies and Tv shows:-
C:\Users\My Pc's Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.netflix (You can obviously choose a different path if you prefer).
3) Create a new Video path for your Netflix Movie and Tv shows folders by clicking on 'Videos' on your main home menu, then 'Files', then 'Add Videos'
5) Navigate and select the path of your Netflix Movie and TV show folders, as detailed in step 2
6) Once your path has been added, highlight it, then press 'C' to enable the context menu and select the 'Scan For New Content' option. Once done, your Netflix items will now appear in your Kodi library....
So this works well for me and I have Netflix content displaying with my own content in the library.

However the resume function doesn't work for Netflix shows/movies, only for my local stuff; is that normal behavior or a bug?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Dumyat - 2019-12-08

(2019-12-08, 01:11)proxymatt Wrote:
(2018-03-08, 11:33)docwra Wrote:  
However the resume function doesn't work for Netflix shows/movies, only for my local stuff; is that normal behavior or a bug?   
Do you have resume options enabled in the addon settings?
Under the playback options, I have the following 2 options enabled:-

1) Enable STRM resume workaround (only library)
2) Ask to resume video

I'm using both Windows 10 and Android. Resume works on both platforms for my Netflix library content with these options enabled.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - proxymatt - 2019-12-08

(2019-12-08, 01:52)Dumyat Wrote:
(2019-12-08, 01:11)proxymatt Wrote:
(2018-03-08, 11:33)docwra Wrote:  
Do you have resume options enabled in the addon settings?
Under the playback options, I have the following 2 options enabled:-

1) Enable STRM resume workaround (only library)
2) Ask to resume video

I'm using both Windows 10 and Android. Resume works on both platforms for my Netflix library content with these options enabled. 

I have both setting enabled on my Win10 machine and Shield; and resume doesn't work correctly.

I have the same behavior on both machines:
  • If I go into a show folder, play something, stop it, press play, it will prompt to resume.
  • If I go into a show folder, play something, stop it, leave the show folder, go back, press play, it doesn't prompt and just starts from the beginning.
Here's a log file of me doing the above. https://paste.kodi.tv/dazacayagu.kodi

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-12-08

(2019-12-07, 20:36)snoopyjoe Wrote:

@CastagnaIT So do you recommend that we not use the "Keep my list in sync" feature to avoid Netflix banning accounts? I've noticed that setting will do a complete export of "My List" and library update. Even for movies and shows that have not changed or isn't new. I think the feature is neat because one can add content from another device and it will sync to Kodi. Also, which may have been solved in recent updates, the export new episodes setting didn't always work well.   
There is a clear notice in the addon readme for autoupdate/autosync library feature,
The last users who tested these features told me that everything works, and i didn't find any other problems,
so talking about problems with previous versions does not help.
If you're having problems with the current version make a report

(2019-12-07, 21:30)boblo Wrote:

Thanks    

(2019-12-06, 14:43)boblo Wrote: But what about if I browse a lot of video categories and titles using the Netflix add-on on the same day? That is perfectly possible and would lead to an account blocking as well. I think there is some risk of ban only the first time that all content is synced. But for next updates, if the add-on only queries the Netflix servers for changed content only, I think this would be a safe approach. What do you think about this?   

It doesn't work exactly like this, the number of requests to be made to the server would be too high,
your idea involves too many risks for the whole community,
if you want to implement it you can create your own Fork at your own risk   
Many thanks for your explanation. I understand your concern and I have given up my idea. But what about the wrong video category in movie list (my post with screenshot)?
Thanks again  

that description must be fixed by the source code of the addon you mentioned

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - boblo - 2019-12-08

(2019-12-08, 14:49)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 20:36)snoopyjoe Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 16:59)CastagnaIT Wrote: Many thanks for your explanation. I understand your concern and I have given up my idea. But what about the wrong video category in movie list (my post with screenshot)?
Thanks again  

that description must be fixed by the source code of the addon you mentioned  
Aren't you the developer of this add-on? If not, could you pass this little typo on to him?

The HBO Go addon has this bug too (the developer already knows that), but not Amazon VOD, because this addon uses the generic word 'Videos' for both Movies and TV Shows. And I think it's not just a cosmetic bug, because a Movie list is detected as a TV Show list by third-party addons like Library Integration Tool.

Thank you so much

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-12-08

Quote:Library Integration tool detects this directory as a TV Show list, not as a Movie list. This bug is also present in the HBO Go addon (its developer already knows this).

Thanks
The fix need in Library Integration tool addon not in netflix addon

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - orenmi - 2019-12-08

before I update nvidia shield to 8, are all the issues solved?
can you stream 4K and Atmos?
(I remember I read a few months go that there were issues but I dont know if we are passed that)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - boblo - 2019-12-09

(2019-12-08, 18:23)CastagnaIT Wrote:
Quote:Library Integration tool detects this directory as a TV Show list, not as a Movie list. This bug is also present in the HBO Go addon (its developer already knows this).

Thanks
I agree, but the Netflix addon shows the wrong video category, as I proved with my screenshot, so the text should be corrected in the Netflix addon. My suggestion is to use the generic word 'Videos' for both categories (as Amazon VOD does), because there are lists with mixed content (shows and movies), for example 'Recommended for you' or 'Netflix Originals'.

I appreciate your work. This addon is very stable and highly configurable. I just want to help.
Thanks

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - GenesisDH - 2019-12-09

(2019-12-08, 20:07)orenmi Wrote: before I update nvidia shield to 8, are all the issues solved?
(I remember I read a few months go that there were issues but I dont know if we are passed that)
You'll need a Kodi nightly installed to get 4K working.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-12-09

(2019-12-09, 00:42)boblo Wrote:
(2019-12-08, 18:23)CastagnaIT Wrote:

Thanks
I agree, but the Netflix addon shows the wrong video category, as I proved with my screenshot, so the text should be corrected in the Netflix addon. My suggestion is to use the generic word 'Videos' for both categories (as Amazon VOD does), because there are lists with mixed content (shows and movies), for example 'Recommended for you' or 'Netflix Originals'.

I appreciate your work. This addon is very stable and highly configurable. I just want to help.
Thanks 
Show me the menu with a screenshot that opens the list of your previous screenshot

(2019-12-09, 09:41)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2019-12-09, 00:42)boblo Wrote:
(2019-12-08, 18:23)CastagnaIT Wrote: The fix need in Library Integration tool addon not in netflix addon      

Thanks            
Show me the menu with a screenshot that opens the list of your previous screenshot           
A picture is worth a thousand words:

Note that I have a spanish account, therefore you'll see a lot of menu entries in spanish (in spite of I have changed the interface language to English). If you can change not only the text 'TV Shows/Movies' on the upper left corner, but also internally for Kodi the video category to a generic category 'Videos', it is likely Library Integration Tool works perfectly with your addon, because LIT could not detect the content type of this list and then LIT would ask the user the content type (currently LIT incorrectly detects this list as a TV Show list). Amazon VOD works perfectly with LIT in this way and remember there are lists with mixed content.

I'm glad to help. Thank you very much indeed for your support.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - orenmi - 2019-12-09

(2019-12-09, 05:12)GenesisDH Wrote:
(2019-12-08, 20:07)orenmi Wrote: before I update nvidia shield to 8, are all the issues solved?

V19 nightly?
do you know the download link?

(2019-12-09, 19:49)orenmi Wrote:
(2019-12-09, 05:12)GenesisDH Wrote:

V19 nightly?
do you know the download link? 
Install the Kodi Android Installer add-on on your current Kodi setup, click here for further information. You will be able to install a nightly, release or test build version easily. Remember that Shield TV uses the ARMv8a architecture (64-bit).

Hope this helps.