Kodi Community Forum
Pivos Xios DS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Pivos Xios DS (/showthread.php?tid=136852)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Pivos Xios DS - taz420nj - 2013-01-13

Anyone??Huh

RE: Pivos Xios DS - Ned Scott - 2013-01-13

No Netflix for Linux. Android version on Pivos should be seeing some great improvements in the near future, though.

Yeah I saw the answer to netflix before.. I'm more concerned with the boot time/sluggishness described here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVAdezizwBg , and my main concern is will it play nice with my large DVD-ISO library?

Thanks

RE: Pivos Xios DS - okey - 2013-01-13

i am also interested if firefox can be used on the linux xbmc version

RE: Pivos Xios DS - davilla - 2013-01-13

Android always boots from power off very slow. Does not matter what device, my nexus7 takes forever to boot from scratch.

Ok.. Understandable.. Not trying to be rude but could you PLEASE answer my questions though? The video I linked to above illustrates XBMC's menus/library as sluggish when running on Android. Has that been solved since the video was made (a few months ago)? Or will switching it to Linux solve it?

And I really need to know about DVD-ISO support and performance (on either Android or Linux), because it is ultimately what will make or break my decision to buy a few of these boxes right now. I have over 300 ISOs and I don't particularly relish the thought of having to convert them all to single stream.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - davilla - 2013-01-13

GUI nav on M1 was solved. Linux never had that issue. You might visit the Pivos forums where you can get this info 1st hand.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - zebraitis - 2013-01-13

(2013-01-13, 04:21)ozkhan1 Wrote: Guys is there a way to watch netflix on pivos if I install Linux on it instead of andoid without the netflix xbmc pluggin? ( through advanced launcher or something?)

Yes. Purchase "PlayOn"... and you can then do Netflix through PlayOn.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - BLKMGK - 2013-01-13

Just bought my second Pivos. I gave the first one away as a holiday gift and it was running great with no noticeable lag in menu navigation using the default skin. I'd second the PlayOn reccomendation for Netflix, it also can do Amazon. For remote usage on portable iOS devices go with Plexserver, it works better than PlayOn on iOS.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - zebraitis - 2013-01-14

(2013-01-13, 12:58)okey Wrote: i am also interested if firefox can be used on the linux xbmc version

Today: no.

In the future: God, I hope not.

Here's why: Zawinski's law of software envelopment

That is: "Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail. Those programs which cannot so expand are replaced by ones which can."

Is that what you want to have happen to XBMC ... and to the Xios?

How many other computing devices do you have available to you?

Can't we just have a solid box that can do XBMC... and that, in itself, is sufficient?

</soapbox>

RE: Pivos Xios DS - lagledavid - 2013-01-14

(2013-01-14, 00:35)zebraitis Wrote:
(2013-01-13, 12:58)okey Wrote: i am also interested if firefox can be used on the linux xbmc version

Today: no.

In the future: God, I hope not.

Here's why: Zawinski's law of software envelopment

That is: "Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail. Those programs which cannot so expand are replaced by ones which can."

Is that what you want to have happen to XBMC ... and to the Xios?

How many other computing devices do you have available to you?

Can't we just have a solid box that can do XBMC... and that, in itself, is sufficient?

</soapbox>

+1

RE: Pivos Xios DS - ayteck - 2013-01-16

hi friends
i am planning to buy pivos xios because of the great support of XBMC team. i have a question. how about the audio output from xios? Does is play DD and DTS files. Can we experience true DD and DTS surround if we connect it to hometheater system?

i have a audio/video receiver and it can be decode dts, dolby, etc... Pivos can give me surround audio output from hdmi?

Thank you Wink

RE: Pivos Xios DS - davilla - 2013-01-16

yes

RE: Pivos Xios DS - ayteck - 2013-01-17

this is quite brief answer Smile

Thank you.

Sv: Pivos Xios DS - fremar - 2013-01-17

Can it play 3d blu-ray? 1080p mkv? Also it would be better in black...