Kodi Community Forum
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on (/showthread.php?tid=353349)

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - CaptainT - 2019-02-16

(2019-02-16, 12:52)franky56 Wrote: Hi,

It looks like the BBC has changed the way it organizes its pages. The add-on will now only display episodes for the first series of any show if there is more than one series available.

For example Doctor Who has 147 episodes available, but only series 1 and the first special show up in the add-on (14 episodes in total).
Looks like they introduced series instead of a complete listing. That'll need some consideration, but I am positive this can be accounted for quickly.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - Jeffers24 - 2019-02-16

The BBC have too much tax payers money to waste

Fixes for broken Categories and the new series view are on their way. I just implemented a dirty fix for series. At the moment, you get all available (except current) series as directories at the top of the listings and all episodes of the current series below. In the long run, I would like to have series selection as an extra layer between programme selection and episodes. However, I don't have a straightforward solution for that in mind at the moment, so this may take a little while.

(2019-02-16, 14:23)Jeffers24 Wrote: The BBC have too much tax payers money to waste
 I fail to see the relevance of your opinion to this add-on. I have to say, I like the new series view on the website. It makes navigation a whole lot easier for programmes with a lot of episodes like Doctor Who. It is not the Beeb's fault that this breaks the add-on.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - franky56 - 2019-02-16

@CaptainT

I just installed the fixes from github that you just submitted, and it seems to be working well. Thanks for that!

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - BonitaRed - 2019-02-19

And itv add on now working too,see separate thread

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - cmaines - 2019-02-24

Just discovered an issue with programme titles beginning with "The". Any such title is missing under "Programme List A-Z" unless the second word begins with a "T". For instance "The Long Song" is missing, but "The Truth About ..." is there.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - CaptainT - 2019-02-24

(2019-02-24, 02:30)cmaines Wrote: Just discovered an issue with programme titles beginning with "The". Any such title is missing under "Programme List A-Z" unless the second word begins with a "T". For instance "The Long Song" is missing, but "The Truth About ..." is there.
Did you check under "T" or "L"?

AFAIR: The Beeb do not consider "The" as part of the title. Thus, "The Long Song" will be listed under "L".

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - cmaines - 2019-02-25

Um, yes. Didn't think it was necessary to confirm that I did the obvious.

To rephrase, any title beginning with "The T...." is listed alphabetically under "T", but no other title beginning with "The" is listed >anywhere< under "Programmes A-Z".

The question is, did you check it out yourself?

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - CaptainT - 2019-02-25

(2019-02-25, 02:58)cmaines Wrote: Um, yes. Didn't think it was necessary to confirm that I did the obvious.

To rephrase, any title beginning with "The T...." is listed alphabetically under "T", but no other title beginning with "The" is listed >anywhere< under "Programmes A-Z".

The question is, did you check it out yourself?
No, I didn't, at least not recently. As I stated somewhere else, I hardly use Kodi anymore since my new TV supports iPlayer out of the box.

I will take a look as soon as I can. This should be an easy fix.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - ilainftw - 2019-02-25

(2019-02-25, 02:58)cmaines Wrote: Um, yes. Didn't think it was necessary to confirm that I did the obvious.

But did you do the other obvious thing and scroll to the end of the list? That's where you will find "The Long Song" and all the other programmes beginning with "The L". The iPlayer site ignores a leading "The" when sorting, but the plugin doesn't.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - Phocea - 2019-03-02

Hello,

For the last couple of days _I cannot launch any stream using the iPlayer www addon.
I can navigate and see the episodes, but get an error every single time.
I am using Kodi 17 & iPlayer www 3.0.41 on an Android Shield TV.
I also tried on a brand new install with Kodi 18.1. Same problem.

Extract from the error log shows, when trying to play any contents. Let me know if this is enough. If not I will try to grab the full log file (not easy on the shield)

PythonToCppException
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range

StackTrace:
default.py, line 219, in <module> Video.AddAvailableStreamItem
/resources/lib/ipwww_video.py, line 942, in addAvailableStreamItem Playstream

ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0

Can you help with the issue please ?
Many thanks

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - CaptainT - 2019-03-02

(2019-03-02, 22:15)Phocea Wrote: Hello,

For the last couple of days _I cannot launch any stream using the iPlayer www addon.
I can navigate and see the episodes, but get an error every single time.
I am using Kodi 17 & iPlayer www 3.0.41 on an Android Shield TV.
I also tried on a brand new install with Kodi 18.1. Same problem.

Extract from the error log shows, when trying to play any contents. Let me know if this is enough. If not I will try to grab the full log file (not easy on the shield)

PythonToCppException
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range

StackTrace:
default.py, line 219, in <module> Video.AddAvailableStreamItem
/resources/lib/ipwww_video.py, line 942, in addAvailableStreamItem Playstream

ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0

Can you help with the issue please ?
Many thanks
Unless the Beeb changed something, my best guess would be they think you are not in the UK. Are you?

Are you signed in when trying to play back this item?

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - BonitaRed - 2019-03-03

If you’re outside the uk,I’d guess that the bbc have identified your vpn and blocked it. They’ve improved their systems

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - Klojum - 2019-03-03

(2019-03-03, 14:38)BonitaRed Wrote: If you’re outside the uk,I’d guess that the bbc have identified your vpn and blocked it.

Let's keep VPNs out of the equation. See Kodi's VPN policy (wiki).