Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

how to use - Paulkai - 2009-07-31

Hi

I have just downloaded the latest version, I'm very impressed with the screenshots, but I'm having problems with the diffrent views, I would like to have the view you have for the movies with fanart filling the screen and small dvd cover on left hand side, I can only get it to display fan art then dvd cover in the centre of the screen, I would also like to be able to view fanart when I go to music, again I can list the albums, but no fanart, can you tell me how I can activate these

Thanks

Paul

- ronie - 2009-07-31

Paulkai Wrote:I have just downloaded the latest version, I'm very impressed with the screenshots, but I'm having problems with the diffrent views, I would like to have the view you have for the movies with fanart filling the screen and small dvd cover on left hand side, I can only get it to display fan art then dvd cover in the centre of the screen, I would also like to be able to view fanart when I go to music, again I can list the albums, but no fanart, can you tell me how I can activate these

to switch views, just press left on your keyboard or remote.
a menu will slide in and the top button in this menu will let you choose the view.
in my screenshots i'm using the 'fanart' view.

in the music section it's not possible to display fanart in all sections.
if you go to Music (library mode) > Artists you'll see fanart
but if you go to Music (library mode) > Albums you won't.
it's not supported by xbmc in some places.

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-31

ronie Wrote:did as you said, but there's no problem over here.
other than that, i have no experience with profiles, so i can't help you

Ronie,
here is the repro:

the sequence is
0) user creation
1) set master lock
2) default lock
3) enable progs, script and windows
4) create fresh
5) create fresh media
6) user created
7) enable login
8) login as new user
9) sigh! master code requested

and if you enter movies and back... code... music and back... code...

If I change skin to PM.HD the master code is not there anymore.

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-31

between 6 and 7 you have either to quit either to log out (obviously Smile )

- lipo - 2009-07-31

ronie any plan creating transperancy! logo?

- ronie - 2009-07-31

lipo Wrote:ronie any plan creating transperancy! logo?

no.
do you want to do it ? :-)

- TheQuestor - 2009-07-31

lipo Wrote:ronie any plan creating transperancy! logo?

Get out your dusty image editing software and make him a great one you insensitive clod.

I jest.

Sort of Smile

Craig

There I saved you some time Tongue and yes there really IS an image there, its transparent. get it Smile

how to use - Paulkai - 2009-07-31

Hi ronnie

Thanks I manged to get it to work, however I have tried to get the fan art to work in music as you have said but I cant get fan art to work I notice if I go into Album info Fanart is there but it is greyed out, Is there something I need to activate in settings or download somethingHuh

Thanks again for your help

Paul

- ronie - 2009-07-31

TheQuestor Wrote:Get out your dusty image editing software and make him a great one you insensitive clod.

I jest.

Sort of Smile

Craig

There I saved you some time Tongue and yes there really IS an image there, its transparent. get it Smile

true, and while you're busy designing, it wouldn't hurt to download Transparency! a couple of times again.
me needs to conquer that top spot again! ;-)

ronie Wrote:true, and while you're busy designing, it wouldn't hurt to download Transparency! a couple of times again.
me needs to conquer that top spot again! ;-)

It doesn't go by downloads, but by votes. You need to get more people to vote your skin up to retake the top slot.

also to prevent cheating you can only vote once per IP address. so i guess that means you need to get a ton of "other" people to vote it up not just the ones who have already voted.

- ronie - 2009-07-31

Paulkai Wrote:Hi ronnie

Thanks I manged to get it to work, however I have tried to get the fan art to work in music as you have said but I cant get fan art to work I notice if I go into Album info Fanart is there but it is greyed out, Is there something I need to activate in settings or download somethingHuh

Thanks again for your help

Paul

the fanart button is only active in the Artist info window.
the allmusic and discogs scrapers in xbmc will download the fanart (if it's available for the artist). if they can't find any, there's no other option than to do it manually.
just put a fanart.jpg image in every artist's folder.

for this, your music directory structure needs to be like this:
Music/Artist/Album/files
and the fanart image:
Music/Artist/fanart.jpg

if you do it manually, you'll have to delete the musiclabry file after you've added the fanart images and rescan your music collection.

- ronie - 2009-07-31

TheQuestor Wrote:It doesn't go by downloads, but by votes. You need to get more people to vote your skin up to retake the top slot.

also to prevent cheating you can only vote once per IP address. so i guess that means you need to get a ton of "other" people to vote it up not just the ones who have already voted.

ok people, you've heard what puppy-eyes had to say!
i'd say bring out the proxies and start voting!!!

;-p

ronie Wrote:ok people, you've heard what puppy-eyes had to say!
i'd say bring out the proxies and start voting!!!

;-p

What ever works Smile

- ronie - 2009-07-31

TheQuestor Wrote:What ever works Smile

well if it doesn't i could always ask you to alter the code and make it count downloads instead, right? ;-)

I think it is less likely to happen than say the US becoming the most loved country in the world. Tongue