Kodi Community Forum
Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton (/showthread.php?tid=246430)

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 08/01/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - Guilouz - 2016-01-08

(2016-01-08, 15:18)guandms Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 13:27)Guilouz Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 13:01)guandms Wrote: Hi,

Regarding cdart manager , the add on is working fine it's downloaded everything i need o the folder i configured it .
But when i play my music i dont see any cdart/fanart/logo for any of the artists .
Do i need to configure something Huh

Yes in skin settings, you need to select folder where cdarts and logos are located.

Can you please tell me where is that settings , because under Music in the skin settings i cant find this option anywhere ...

Here :

(2016-01-08, 15:00)taurus35 Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 14:37)Guilouz Wrote: I have do a skin settings reset and all views are working fine for sets.
For genres some views not working, there is a Kodi bug : http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16366

Hi Guilouz,

I have done a full skin reset on two different PCs & still only have the three view options for sets...this is strange Huh

Cheers

Sorry, I can not reproduce your problem...

(2016-01-08, 19:09)tdbegley Wrote: Hi guys, I have setup all my music library and everything is working great, the clear logos the fanart etc is all working and cdart manager is working too. However when I play some music and get the spinning disk going around i can not get the cdart on the disk, it is just spinning sliver. The clear logos, cd covers etc are all their working fine just not the cd art even though i have downloaded is all with cdart manager. Any ideas?

I see your album name is : "Midnight Memories: The Ultimate Edition" so your cdart must be named "Midnight Memories: The Ultimate Edition.png"
but I think ":" is your problem, some OS doesn't accept ":" in file name.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 08/01/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - Isgak_Abrahams - 2016-01-08

Staying on music Guilouz, I have a bunch of mp3 songs. Can you indicate the file structure to get the artwork and Info etc

Or does it have to be full albums?

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 08/01/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - User 289973 - 2016-01-08

(2016-01-08, 21:03)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: Staying on music Guilouz, I have a bunch of mp3 songs. Can you indicate the file structure to get the artwork and Info etc

I have downloaded picard https://picard.musicbrainz.org/

I load the folder with all my mp3s and make sure the tags are correct before kodi scans them. It stops me having things like Meatloaf and Meat Loaf as seperate artists. Kodi reads the tags in the files so you cannot change this with just the filenames.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 08/01/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - User 289973 - 2016-01-08

(2016-01-08, 20:48)Guilouz Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 19:09)tdbegley Wrote: Hi guys, I have setup all my music library and everything is working great, the clear logos the fanart etc is all working and cdart manager is working too. However when I play some music and get the spinning disk going around i can not get the cdart on the disk, it is just spinning sliver. The clear logos, cd covers etc are all their working fine just not the cd art even though i have downloaded is all with cdart manager. Any ideas?

I see your album name is : "Midnight Memories: The Ultimate Edition" so your cdart must be named "Midnight Memories: The Ultimate Edition.png"

Thanks for the reply, I just downloaded a new album to my NFS before adding it to kodi I made sure the disk art was in the folder with the correct name but still no luck. Screenshots below, If you see anything wrong please let me know, The second screenshot is the NFS folder where the album is.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 08/01/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - Isgak_Abrahams - 2016-01-08

(2016-01-08, 21:30)tdbegley Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 21:03)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: Staying on music Guilouz, I have a bunch of mp3 songs. Can you indicate the file structure to get the artwork and Info etc

I load the folder with all my mp3s and make sure the tags are correct before kodi scans them. It stops me having things like Meatloaf and Meat Loaf as seperate artists. Kodi reads the tags in the files so you cannot change this with just the filenames.
So would this sort music into the correct file structure for Kodi to read? Or would I have to do that myself?

(2016-01-08, 21:52)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 21:30)tdbegley Wrote:

So would this sort music into the correct file structure for Kodi to read? Or would I have to do that myself?

You can do both, you can either add the artist and album yourself so that kodi correctly categorises it or you can press ctrl A to select all the mp3s in the folder and press lookup. That will then search MusicBrainz and match them to the songs on their database and add all the metatags. Give it a go and see what you think :-)

(2016-01-08, 21:56)tdbegley Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 21:52)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 21:30)tdbegley Wrote: I have downloaded picard https://picard.musicbrainz.org/

You can do both, you can either add the artist and album yourself so that kodi correctly categorises it or you can press ctrl A to select all the mp3s in the folder and press lookup. That will then search MusicBrainz and match them to the songs on their database and add all the metatags. Give it a go and see what you think :-)
Okay let's take the below 2, 1 is a normal mp3 the other a music video. How would I manually have to name this?

The Script - Hall of fame

Or have a folder named The Script, and inside that Hall of fame.mp3

Likewise if that song was a music video, would it follow a similar pattern?

(2016-01-08, 22:19)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 21:56)tdbegley Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 21:52)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: So would this sort music into the correct file structure for Kodi to read? Or would I have to do that myself?

Okay let's take the below 2, 1 is a normal mp3 the other a music video. How would I manually have to name this?

I do the folowing,

HDD ROOT --> storage --> Music --> (Artist Name) --> (Artist Album Date)

So for argument sake, nfs://10.8.1.1/tmp/mnt/storage/Music/Coldplay/Coldplay - A Head Full of Dreams (2015)

Although i am 99% sure that this has no effect at all on how kodi sorts the file.

The artist name and album etc is stored within the file.

An example of that is my meat loaf album. The album was stored in the same place as normal yet when kodi added the album 10 songs went to artist Meatloaf and 2 songs went to artist Meat Loaf, When i viewed the album folder in picard those two songs had Meat Load as the artist stored within the file (you cannot edit that without changing the meta data within the file) I then changed the artist to Meatloaf and saved and hey presto Kodi scanned the album with Meatloaf as the artist for all the songs.

Your MP3 will most probs have the meta data within the file so Kodi will read that info. To test it open the file within picard and see what the tags are.

(2016-01-08, 22:26)tdbegley Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 22:19)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 21:56)tdbegley Wrote: You can do both, you can either add the artist and album yourself so that kodi correctly categorises it or you can press ctrl A to select all the mp3s in the folder and press lookup. That will then search MusicBrainz and match them to the songs on their database and add all the metatags. Give it a go and see what you think :-)

I do the folowing,

So for argument sake, nfs://10.8.1.1/tmp/mnt/storage/Music/Coldplay/Coldplay - A Head Full of Dreams (2015)

Although i am 99% sure that this has no effect at all on how kodi sorts the file.

An example of that is my meat loaf album. The album was stored in the same place as normal yet when kodi added the album 10 songs went to artist Meatloaf and 2 songs went to artist Meat Loaf, When i viewed the album folder in picard those two songs had Meat Load as the artist stored within the file (you cannot edit that without changing the meta data within the file) I then changed the artist to Meatloaf and saved and hey presto Kodi scanned the album with Meatloaf as the artist for all the songs.
Cheers, will try that. Although I'm surprised there is nothing within Kodi, that will actually recognise a song and it's title, and match it up irrespective of how it's put down.

(2016-01-08, 22:28)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 22:26)tdbegley Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 22:19)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: Okay let's take the below 2, 1 is a normal mp3 the other a music video. How would I manually have to name this?

I do the folowing,

Cheers, will try that. Although I'm surprised there is nothing within Kodi, that will actually recognise a song and it's title, and match it up irrespective of how it's put down.

Dont take my word as gospel because kodi may scrape and match the songs without the need for the meta tags. Im just talking from my expreiance which is that kodi reads the meta tags and if there is a discrepancy, for example i had 5 Beautiful South albums and 3 went to the artist "The Beautiful South" and 2 went to "Beautiful South" so i had the two artists within kodi. That was because the meta tags within the song had different artists some with the "The" and some without.

(2016-01-08, 22:33)tdbegley Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 22:28)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 22:26)tdbegley Wrote: I do the folowing,

Dont take my word as gospel because kodi may scrape and match the songs without the need for the meta tags. Im just talking from my expreiance which is that kodi reads the meta tags and if there is a discrepancy, for example i had 5 Beautiful South albums and 3 went to the artist "The Beautiful South" and 2 went to "Beautiful South" so i had the two artists within kodi. That was because the meta tags within the song had different artists some with the "The" and some without.
Thanks man, it's a bit of a pain especially if you have a big library of single mp3 songs. Lol

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 08/01/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - User 289973 - 2016-01-09

(2016-01-08, 21:45)tdbegley Wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I just downloaded a new album to my NFS before adding it to kodi I made sure the disk art was in the folder with the correct name but still no luck. Screenshots below, If you see anything wrong please let me know, The second screenshot is the NFS folder where the album is.

Also with the skin, the bar that has the cd art disappears after a few seconds along with the seek bar at the bottom. Is there any way to make this stay by default without having to push back and then select to get it to return?

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 08/01/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - Guilouz - 2016-01-09

(2016-01-08, 21:45)tdbegley Wrote:

Your cdart must be in "Ariana Grande" folder, not in album folder.

Someone have told me infos disappear but mine on OSX and OpenElec stay during playback...