Kodi Community Forum
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on (/showthread.php?tid=353349)

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - jcorsaut - 2015-11-15

(2015-11-10, 14:09)jcorsaut Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 00:54)ihurst Wrote:
(2015-11-09, 00:16)jcorsaut Wrote: Just a couple things I've noticed today. Firstly, I am no longer seeing which date an episode was aired. Doesn't matter which view I am using, it just says information unavailable. Secondly, if I select documentaries from the categories list, I get an error. Anyone else seeing these issues or are they known? Just trying to see if it is just at my end, or an issue with the BBC.

Are you able to provide an example of a programme/episode which no longer show's the date an episode was aired (which previously did). If you provide this I should be able to look into the issue further.

Countryfile used to have the episode dates listed for each of the programs. This is no longer the case.

Anyone had a chance to look at the missing info for date aired issue?

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - primaeval - 2015-11-16

(2015-11-15, 15:05)jcorsaut Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 14:09)jcorsaut Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 00:54)ihurst Wrote: Are you able to provide an example of a programme/episode which no longer show's the date an episode was aired (which previously did). If you provide this I should be able to look into the issue further.

Countryfile used to have the episode dates listed for each of the programs. This is no longer the case.

My Github master version finds all the aired info. There is an extra switch in Settings. It takes a bit longer the first time you go to a Highlights page.

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - jcorsaut - 2015-11-16

(2015-11-16, 08:05)primaeval Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 14:09)jcorsaut Wrote: Countryfile used to have the episode dates listed for each of the programs. This is no longer the case.

My Github master version finds all the aired info. There is an extra switch in Settings. It takes a bit longer the first time you go to a Highlights page.

Thanks for the info. I had to install the version from your github master, as you suggested. This is version 1.2.7. The version I was on 1.2.8 wouldn't list episode aired info. Didn't change any switches in settings though.

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - primaeval - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-16, 23:41)jcorsaut Wrote:
(2015-11-16, 08:05)primaeval Wrote:
(2015-11-15, 15:05)jcorsaut Wrote: Anyone had a chance to look at the missing info for date aired issue?

Thanks for the info. I had to install the version from your github master, as you suggested. This is version 1.2.7. The version I was on 1.2.8 wouldn't list episode aired info. Didn't change any switches in settings though.

My version still says 1.2.7. Turn on the Setting "Find missing images in Highlights" and it will find images, aired date, desciption and proper episode name in Highlights. Beware: if you have automatic update turned on it will probably overwrite this with CaptainT's version from the Kodi repo when it checks for updates.

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - petervd - 2015-11-17

Hi,

Trying to watch through VPN. Previous addons this worked fine.
Now, watching live stream works, but the other earlier aired programs don't (error: ..... available to play in the UK only).
VPN is on and connected to UK. All traffic is through this vpn.
Anyone know why this happens?

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - primaeval - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-17, 09:59)petervd Wrote: Hi,

Trying to watch through VPN. Previous addons this worked fine.
Now, watching live stream works, but the other earlier aired programs don't (error: ..... available to play in the UK only).
VPN is on and connected to UK. All traffic is through this vpn.
Anyone know why this happens?

The BBC have had a crack down on VPNs. The live and on-demand streams come from different domains. So I expect they have blocked one and not the other. Check whether you are living in the UK. Wink

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - Grand Total - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-17, 10:06)primaeval Wrote: The BBC have had a crack down on VPNs. The live and on-demand streams come from different domains. So I expect they have blocked one and not the other. Check whether you are living in the UK. Wink
What does living in the UK have to do with it? A lot of us find that viewing through a VPN, or better yet a proxy server, improves the experience. The colours are brighter and the audio is just somehow crisper and cleaner. Smile

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - Piers - 2015-11-20

(2015-11-17, 12:55)Grand Total Wrote:
(2015-11-17, 10:06)primaeval Wrote: The BBC have had a crack down on VPNs. The live and on-demand streams come from different domains. So I expect they have blocked one and not the other. Check whether you are living in the UK. Wink
What does living in the UK have to do with it? A lot of us find that viewing through a VPN, or better yet a proxy server, improves the experience. The colours are brighter and the audio is just somehow crisper and cleaner. Smile

You have a Canadian IP, technically you shouldn't be using this add-on.

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - CaptainT - 2015-11-21

(2015-11-10, 14:09)jcorsaut Wrote: Countryfile used to have the episode dates listed for each of the programs. This is no longer the case.

Apologies for the late reply I was very busy with work during the last weeks. Thanks a lot for this hint, it helped to narrow down the problem.

I identified and fixed one bug which made the aired date disappear completely. However, there seems to be another issue as all aired dates are now displayed incorrectly for me.

Edit: This problem seems to be related to my Kodi installation, not the add-on. Thus, 1.2.9 will fix the aired date issue and be available from the official repo soon.

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - yhs4260 - 2015-11-21

Feature Request!

Would it be possible to have a setting that ENABLED the Kodi Proxy server and Disabled it upon exit?

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - CaptainT - 2015-11-21

(2015-11-21, 17:19)yhs4260 Wrote: Feature Request!

Would it be possible to have a setting that ENABLED the Kodi Proxy server and Disabled it upon exit?

Anything is possible. Wink

More to the point: I see no reason to do that. If you need to use a proxy with your ISP, there is no point to activate it just for this add-on. You will need it all the time.

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - scothular - 2015-11-23

Hi,

Is there any way to make the plugin not mark live streams as watched once they have been viewed?

I normally don't show watched items on any views which means if I view a live stream once, the next time it is hidden.

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - DavidMelbourne - 2015-11-23

scothular, are you using the normal iPlayer add-on? That has multiple streams. IPlayer WWW only has one stream in watch live. Just "right click" and mark it as watched!

RE: [Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - scothular - 2015-11-23

Hi David,

Thanks for your response, although I am not sure you have followed my question.

There are multiple live streams available in the iPlayer WWW addon to which I refer. The point is I don't want them auto marked as watched once they have been accessed. I am aware of context menus.

[Release] New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - spoyser - 2015-11-23

(2015-11-23, 08:53)scothular Wrote: Hi,

Is there any way to make the plugin not mark live streams as watched once they have been viewed?

I normally don't show watched items on any views which means if I view a live stream once, the next time it is hidden.

Actually that would be a problem with many addons, mine included.

I wonder if there is a way to unmarked them in the code.