Kodi Community Forum
Pivos Xios DS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Pivos Xios DS (/showthread.php?tid=136852)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Pivos Xios DS - AndroiDad75 - 2013-01-28

Yeah. Yesterday I saw an option that said that there would be one sold directly through Amazon, with Prime, but it was projected as being available February 5th or 7th. But then today, that option wasn't there. I am assuming that even though this one isn't sold directly from Amazon, that it will still be covered the same as if it was. Maybe not though.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - BORIStheBLADE - 2013-01-29

Just seen Pivos post this on twitter. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/1/prweb10372634.htm
Anyone know of this " Pivos will also be shipping the new supercharged XIOS DS media Play World Wide with upgraded hardware and software modifications for the new XBMC 12 Frodo"

Has anyone put Frodo on the Xios yet? Is it through Linux or Android?

Thanks

RE: Pivos Xios DS - davilla - 2013-01-29

it's both and a toothpaste too Smile

RE: Pivos Xios DS - AndroiDad75 - 2013-01-30

So, I just ordered mine through Amazon. Does this mean I am getting the older one? It hasn't shipped yet, so not sure if I should cancel at this point and wait it out.

EDIT: Davilla said it is the M3 hardware.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - ozkhan1 - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-29, 23:18)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Just seen Pivos post this on twitter. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/1/prweb10372634.htm
Anyone know of this " Pivos will also be shipping the new supercharged XIOS DS media Play World Wide with upgraded hardware and software modifications for the new XBMC 12 Frodo"

Has anyone put Frodo on the Xios yet? Is it through Linux or Android?

Thanks

Sounds great. I will be interested to get more details on the upgraded hardware and how it differs from the PIVOS XIOS I can currently order from different vendors out there.

But its starting to look like it will be major player in the streaming devices/media players category. I think XBMC is still a very niche product and not completely mainstream with all the Boxess, Rokus and ATVs around but a dedicated XBMC box that can do so many different things will certainly catch on.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - zebraitis - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-29, 23:18)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Has anyone put Frodo on the Xios yet? Is it through Linux or Android?

OK... I don't work for Pivios.

I do have three XIOS systems. And I'm a P.C. Big Grin

I have been running the Nighties that have been available through the Pivos Xios Forum.

So that means that I was running Frodo RC 1 & 2 & 3 (I have NOT yet loaded final 12.0)

Here is my opinion: While the XIOS was built to launch in an Android environment (and will do so with NO problems), I found the Linux version that loads on that box (provided by Pivos) to be far better suited for my purposes.

I did not want an underpowered full computing device (android). I wanted a dedicated Media Device (Linux).

With Pivos provided Linux XBMC, I boot directly into XBMC. For me, it makes an Excellent secondary HTPC.

(And I am clearly NOT a Linux geek... they have simplified the install process to Linux like you would not believe... Hit reset, go into their menu, wipe the data , load the image... DONE ! Nod )

yes, I'll admit... my primary is a Win7 64-bit box, and will likely remain so for that main room home theatre experience.

BUT... for EVERY other system, it will be the Xios.

I have bought three already, and will likely buy a fourth.

Frodo is great on Linux Xios, and plays everything that I throw at it... from 1080p DTS mkv's to FLAC music.

At $100 for the Xios, and another $10 for a mSD card, it is a simple home theatre box that can't be beat.

For all of you that go back to the XBOX days (like me), you will be happy to have that dedicated box back, but with less hassle, greater capabilities, and about 1/10 the size.

OK... enough gushing... If you have any doubts... BUY ONE !!! Wink

(PS... I think the "supercharged" relates to the recent M3 processor change... If you buy today, you will get an M3, unless you buy it form someone that wants to sell their older M1 box)

RE: Pivos Xios DS - davilla - 2013-01-30

yes supercharged == M3

RE: Pivos Xios DS - eskro - 2013-01-30

i hope that supercharge = 8726-M6 (also known as 8726-MX)

RE: Pivos Xios DS - discordian666 - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 03:03)davilla Wrote: yes supercharged == M3

I was hoping supercharged meant a new version coming out with quad core Smile

RE: Pivos Xios DS - BORIStheBLADE - 2013-01-30

Thanks for the info guys!

RE: Pivos Xios DS - tennisbgc - 2013-01-31

Has anyone tried different skins on this besides the default one?

RE: Pivos Xios DS - Cocophone - 2013-01-31

Is there a reason that Ice Cream Sandwich is not installed when Pivos Xios DS is shipped?

RE: Pivos Xios DS - davilla - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-31, 00:15)Cocophone Wrote: Is there a reason that Ice Cream Sandwich is not installed when Pivos Xios DS is shipped?

Ice Cream Sandwich is preinstalled on all M3 Pivos DS boxes.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - anthonykappa - 2013-01-31

Can the M3 bitstream HD audio codecs? Also could it run heavier skins like Xperience1080?

RE: Pivos Xios DS - davilla - 2013-01-31

The M3 is capable of bitstreaming HD audio codecs but I have that disable right now until it gets fixed under SoftAE (Linux).