Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-08-29

You have some very basic remoting yes Smile

But all the functions of yatse won't work Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Vibes - 2013-08-29

Just tried out streaming on yatse and it works surprisingly well, awesome app!
Now my question is how can i stream from my PC to mobile device without the XBMC interface running on my PC? You know I just want to run the media server in the background and share/stream the files over the network.
Thanks

Ps. Dont want to use plex!

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-08-29

I have seen some works in Dev forum on an headless Xbmc for linux, but don't know if it works Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Kvaks - 2013-09-02

Love the app. It's come a long way since I first tried it a couple of years ago. I'm a paying customer.

A couple of suggestions: The settings activity shouldn't be fullscreen (hides Android status bar). (It seems only second level settings menu does this. Is it a bug? When I click settings, it's not fullscreen, but when I then go on to click, say, Advanced settings or Library settings, the app goes to fullscreen. Personally, I don't want anything in Android to be fullscreen except watching a movie. Regular apps shouldn't do that. (The No fullscreen works in the "Remote" activity, but not settings. And again, "No fullscreen" should be the default behaviour everywhere, IMO.)

Second suggestion: If I hide a section in the leftside menu, say Music, the app could also hide the Scan/Clean Audio Library options, since I'm not likely to use those.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Vibes - 2013-09-02

There's like a 0.25 to 0.40 seconds delay before XBMC (running on my PC) registers my keypress on Yatse. On the official app it's instant. Why is that?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - krish_2k4 - 2013-09-03

Been using this app for a while but one thing I would really want is if there is no season poster in a tv show it falls back to the main tv show poster. currently my seasons looks like this http://i.imgur.com/DguuyJT.png, I would ideally like the images to fall back to the tv show poster. could this be possible in an upcoming update?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-09-03

@Kvaks: This is an Android bug as it does not follow any theming on sub section of preferences activity ...

And for the scan clean audio library they are not really tied to the library part in term of Yatse internals, they are additional commands available from plugins, typically Eden and Frodo don't have the same list and potentially Gotham or any other media center supported after will provide what it what here Smile

@Vibes without logs and details it's hard to tell anything Smile
But this part use UDP EventServer and it should be quite fast.

@krish_2k4 : You can just do this very fast on Xbmc and have it in Yatse Wink Displaying the default image when no image is here is also an indicator to user that he should add some if he want a perfect library Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - krish_2k4 - 2013-09-03

(2013-09-03, 19:19)Tolriq Wrote: @krish_2k4 : You can just do this very fast on Xbmc and have it in Yatse Wink Displaying the default image when no image is here is also an indicator to user that he should add some if he want a perfect library Smile

I already do this in XBMC using the xperience1080 skin, how do i get it in yatse?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-09-03

Yatse display what Xbmc send to it, skins can display things that Yatse don't have access to Smile

Just set images to your seasons and Yatse will use them Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - handbone - 2013-09-03

Remote is still excellent as always. Just wondering if a certain feature is able to be implemented. Would it be possible to add the ability to remember your last location when browsing your library or addons?

Say I go into Tv Shows, pick a show, season, then episode. Then go to the remote to play/pause, ect. THEN if I go back to library or addons, have it go to the last page I was on, instead of just starting from the beginning.

Not sure if its been ask before. I'm not a coder, so I don't know how difficult it would be to add that.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - wes paich - 2013-09-04

just hitting the back button will do what you want i believe. there is a setting called "keep remote back stack",make sure it's checked.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-09-04

Yes you should use the back button as in any normal Android app Smile

Back sends where you were, clicking menu start from beginning .

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - krish_2k4 - 2013-09-04

(2013-09-03, 20:24)Tolriq Wrote: Yatse display what Xbmc send to it, skins can display things that Yatse don't have access to Smile

Just set images to your seasons and Yatse will use them Smile

oh it works now! bought the unlocker too just now. happy customer.

any plans on adding a transcoding feature for slower internet users? kinda hard to stream 1080p movies to a mobile!

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-09-04

Transcoding is not possible without a server part Smile

But I hope that it will be added to Xbmc UPNP one day, so Yatse can support it.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - handbone - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-04, 02:50)wes paich Wrote: just hitting the back button will do what you want i believe. there is a setting called "keep remote back stack",make sure it's checked.

Didn't realize I unchecked it. Whoops. Thanks