Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- dascmo - 2011-08-13

NaDs Wrote:for some reason mine looks like this

and not this....

i have scan my files for metadata

also i dont have have clock in topright corner

what am i doing wrong??

1. From your screenshot you have entered through "Video" --> "Movies" from the home menu (I assume you are using v1.5 of the skin). You need to enter through "Movies" on the main menu and this should put you in "Library Mode". Note that the second screenshot is the additional info screen while in Low List view. Pressing right will bring up this additional info.

2. The clock on the top has to be enabled in the skin settings. "Home --> Settings --> Skin --> General Settings --> Enable Breadcrumbs"

3. If you dont have a "Movies" button on the home screen you will need to enable it in the skin "Home Menu --> Settings --> Skin --> Home Window Options --> Make sure the button is not blue for "Hide Movies"

- NaDs - 2011-08-13

perfect thanks for ya help, i didnt have movies enable and breadcrumbs

thanks for ya help Smile working fine now

- fional - 2011-08-13

NaDs Wrote:for some reason mine looks like this

and not this....

i have scan my files for metadata

also i dont have have clock in topright corner

what am i doing wrong??

Where did you get that first backdrop? It's defo not from Gnomeo! Smile

- Martijn - 2011-08-13

Big Noid,
Do the broadcast network (radio/tv) logos also go into the flags/studios/ folder?

- BigNoid - 2011-08-13

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Big Noid,
Do the broadcast network (radio/tv) logos also go into the flags/studios/ folder?

For videos, yes. Music studio flags are in flags/music/recordlabel.

- Martijn - 2011-08-13

Big_Noid Wrote:For videos, yes. Music studio flags are in flags/music/recordlabel.

That's what i thought. Have some new ones :o

- neurosis13 - 2011-08-13

is it possible to scale the fanarts in all the different views so the old vintage movieposters i often use as fanart fits in?
now they are all cut from the top and buttom, thats very sad for me as you can see in the screenshot.
would be really great as many of my fanarts dont have the correct aspect ratio to fit in properly.
Might be useful to other users as well i think.

thanks alot!

- BigNoid - 2011-08-13

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:That's what i thought. Have some new ones :o
Great Smile
neurosis13 Wrote:is it possible to scale the fanarts in all the different views so the old vintage movieposters i often use as fanart fits in?
now they are all cut from the top and buttom, thats very sad for me as you can see in the screenshot.
would be really great as many of my fanarts dont have the correct aspect ratio to fit in properly.
Might be useful to other users as well i think.

thanks alot!
Well there are three options here:
- stretch ar : fanart would look not correct, since ar is stretched.
- keep ar: fanrt would look good, but black borders will be added to sides or top and bottom.
- scale ar: how it is now, fanart keeps ar but gets scaled to fit the width of the screen.

- Martijn - 2011-08-13

Big_Noid Wrote:Great Smile
Send pull reuqest Cool

- Blade007 - 2011-08-13

Big_Noid Wrote:Welcome to the forum!

Everything *should* just work when installing on 10.1 from the repo. Try to unzip script.favourites manually to home/.xbmc/addons and stop start xbmc-live or reboot.

Unfortunately I must still be missing some thing. This is what I have done so far.

- Install XBMC 10.1 live ISO from XBMC.org and installed to HDD
- Installed Passion repo from zip and installed the Aeon Nox SVN

So then tried to go to System->Settings->Skin and Favourites Shortcuts but when I tried to add a new button got "Cant find favourites.xml" so I created a file called favourites.xml and put it in .xbmx/userdata. After doing that I got "Error script failed script.favourites"

So I have also tried to install the favourites script 1.0.6 and 1.0.5 from zip but nothing happens so I have manually copied the contents of the favourites script zip in to /.xbmc/addons and restarted but still get the same error.

It may be that my favourites.xml file empty as I created this as it wasn't there and didn't know what was supposed to go in it.

Under system info it says XBMC 10.1 Git:Unknown (Compiled:Mar 9 2011) if this helps.

Also I have now reinstalled XBMC from scratch 3 times and also tried updating to the nightly XBMX 11.0 but still have the same problem.

Thanks

- BigNoid - 2011-08-13

@Blade007: on 10.1 you should install nox from xbmc.org addons. The version of the skin on passion xbmc is for 11.0.

- Blade007 - 2011-08-13

Big_Noid Wrote:@Blade007: on 10.1 you should install nox from xbmc.org addons. The version of the skin on passion xbmc is for 11.0.

Thanks for the quite reply, sorry forgot to mention the first 2 installs of XBMC live the skin was from XBMC.org as I didn't didn't know what the passion repo was all about to start with so never installed it and on all installs there hasn't seemed to be any signs of the favourites.xml file anywhere thats why I tried to name a blank test file that and copy it over. (I did rename the extension so it was and xml file)

UPDATE: I have also just installed on my main PC running OSX and I am having the same problem

- BigNoid - 2011-08-13

Just delete the skin version and favorites script you have now, remove the zip packages in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/packages and reinstall Aeon Nox from xbmc.org addons.

- Blade007 - 2011-08-13

Are the Favourites.xml and script part of the skin. What I mean is are they supposed to install in userdata and add ons when the skin is downloaded and enabled as there no signs of these files when I do a fresh install of either 10.1 or 11.0 before and after the install of the skin.

- Blade007 - 2011-08-13

Big_Noid Wrote:Just delete the skin version and favorites script you have now, remove the zip packages in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/packages and reinstall Aeon Nox from xbmc.org addons.

OK just changed back to confluence skins and removed the favourites.xml file I created along with all the favourites zips I had copied and also the script.favourites I put in the add ons folder and re-installed the Aeon NOX from xbmc.org and now when I click on the favourites path I just get a blank favourites window open but no errors and with no buttons to add a path. Am I supposed to still create the .xml file and manually add the paths.

Thanks for all your help. I just don't understand what is going on as I have been searching for this problem for ages and it doesn't appear anyone is having this issue but I have now done 5 different installs on 2 different machines with a mix of Live/OSX/10.0 & 11.0 installs and have the same problem on all of them.

On all of the fresh installs I just get "can't find favourites.xml" error. Its only when I try to manually create the .xml file I then get the "Error Script failedConfusedcript.favourites" message when trying to add the path. Am I supposed to have some text in the .xml file that point to the folder where the script.favourites folder is.