Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- BigNoid - 2011-08-15

Shinu Wrote:any word on the viewtype i made Noid? :o
Well, I had actually already coded it up. But I felt it missed that wow factor. Mainly because the osd_back image is stretched out to much and I don't feel the posters work when floating in mid air. So I'm currently rethinking that view.
Kode Wrote:hey big_noid, I just installed Aeon Nox SVN from the passion repository to give it a whirl, really like it, especially the music clearlogo on the home page when something is playing, that looks really good!

Got a couple of questions about whether you have any plans to add the following (not that it matters either way, the skin still looks awesome, and you might not like the suggestions).

An artist view with the ClearLOGO (currently they only show at album level?)

extrafanart cycling on the homepage when an artist is playing (instead of the single static image)

When you bring up the music visualisation screen (is that the right term? I just know its "E" on my harmony one) do you have any plans to add cdart and extrafanart to this view?

Anyway, keep up the great work Smile
Just added extrafanart to home screen and music viz.

- Kode - 2011-08-15

Big_Noid Wrote:Just added extrafanart to home screen and music viz.

Sweet Big Grin

- fional - 2011-08-15

Big_Noid Wrote:Well, I had actually already coded it up. But I felt it missed that wow factor. Mainly because the osd_back image is stretched out to much and I don't feel the posters work when floating in mid air. So I'm currently rethinking that view.

Just added extrafanart to home screen and music viz.

I'm a bit confused at how cdArt Manager does more than just the art of the cd spinning. Like, where is the artist clearart stored and how does it grab that? For example, I have an album with the artist Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - and there is a clearart available for that, but it isn't listed as a recognised artist.

(I've 657 Local Artist, 1006 local albums, but only 70 local cdarts - not sure how many of these artists are "green" of the 657, but not many.)

I know this isn't directly related to Nox, but how does Nox parse the artist name and such, because I don't mind manually grabbing the stuff and putting it in the appropriate directory? Or is it just the nightly that has the artist clearart?

Thanks!

- Martijn - 2011-08-15

fional Wrote:I'm a bit confused at how cdArt Manager does more than just the art of the cd spinning. Like, where is the artist clearart stored and how does it grab that? For example, I have an album with the artist Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - and there is a clearart available for that, but it isn't listed as a recognised artist.

(I've 657 Local Artist, 1006 local albums, but only 70 local cdarts - not sure how many of these artists are "green" of the 657, but not many.)

I know this isn't directly related to Nox, but how does Nox parse the artist name and such, because I don't mind manually grabbing the stuff and putting it in the appropriate directory? Or is it just the nightly that has the artist clearart?

Thanks!
For Aeon nox you have to set the folder where your albums are located. (settings->skin->viewtype->set path to music librarÿ)

for cdart manager you also have to set the main folder of where your albums are located.
Your album layout should be like this.
Code:
Albums
--Artist
----Album name (or artist - album name, that doesn't mather)
------CD1
------CD2
----Album name
----Album name
--Artist
----Album name
----Album name
----Album name
Clearart is stored inside the artist folder. The spinning cdart should be located in the album folder or in case of multiple cds in each cd% folder. If i can remember correctly you already mentioned that did your albums with musicbrainz so if there's something available is should download it.

- fional - 2011-08-15

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:For Aeon nox you have to set the folder where your albums are located. (settings->skin->viewtype->set path to music librarÿ)

for cdart manager you also have to set the main folder of where your albums are located.
Your album layout should be like this.
Code:
Albums
--Artist
----Album name (or artist - album name, that doesn't mather)
------CD1
------CD2
----Album name
----Album name
--Artist
----Album name
----Album name
----Album name
Clearart is stored inside the artist folder. The spinning cdart should be located in the album folder or in case of multiple cds in each cd% folder. If i can remember correctly you already mentioned that did your albums with musicbrainz so if there's something available is should download it.

Yes, finished my monster of a music collection Smile I just looked and for some reason I had an old version of cdart manager. It wasn't updating and the repo was insisting it was the most updated. Maybe it's a dev version that they have posted on the first page:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77031&highlight=cdart+manager

SO I manually grabbed it and I'm giving it a go and it seems to be doing a lot of beeping with tons of notifications coming up, so we shall see!

For the artist name, what would you name it? artist.png or would it be the actual artist name?

- Martijn - 2011-08-15

fional Wrote:Yes, finished my monster of a music collection Smile I just looked and for some reason I had an old version of cdart manager. It wasn't updating and the repo was insisting it was the most updated. Maybe it's a dev version that they have posted on the first page:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77031&highlight=cdart+manager

SO I manually grabbed it and I'm giving it a go and it seems to be doing a lot of beeping with tons of notifications coming up, so we shall see!

For the artist name, what would you name it? artist.png or would it be the actual artist name?
I use the pre-eden one so i don't know but i think that the latest one for dharma hasn't been uploaded to the xbmc repo.

Fanart.jpg (the large background)
Folder.jpg (artist picture)
logo.png (is the cleart)

- fional - 2011-08-15

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:I use the pre-eden one so i don't know but i think that the latest one for dharma hasn't been uploaded to the xbmc repo.

Fanart.jpg (the large background)
Folder.jpg (artist picture)
logo.png (is the cleart)

Many thanks! Right now, all I have is cdart.png, but with the newer cdart manager, I think that's all about to change! Smile

- Martijn - 2011-08-15

Big Noid,
How does the infopanel trigger work in stripview? In other views it's one time UP however in stripview i instantly get the sidemenu.

Small thing in panelview. Long text goes over the thumb. At least for the writers.
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9044/screenshot086j.png

EDIT:
Same in carousel as stripshow. Showcase works just fine

- fional - 2011-08-15

fional Wrote:I'm a bit confused at how cdArt Manager does more than just the art of the cd spinning. Like, where is the artist clearart stored and how does it grab that? For example, I have an album with the artist Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - and there is a clearart available for that, but it isn't listed as a recognised artist.

Thanks!

Definitely going to the newest version of cdart manager seemed to sort things out. It's grabbing loads of things, working much better than the one avail to me on the repo. Very cool Smile Yay Smile So now, out of my artists, I have 84 cdarts instead. But it seems to be downloading loads of clearlogos - now to test it out in Nox!

Though I've no clue at all where it's putting this stuff, because it does not seem to be putting anything other than the cdart with the actual music files themselves. Very strange!

- May of sorted it - For some reason, even though it "knew" where my music files were...it had unset itself as to where it was - both in the skin settings AND in the config settings (which must be done from the add-on section and not from the settings within the cdart manager). Or maybe I never had them set, but it could definitely play the music in XBMC. Hehe, *now* I think it's working right.

- BigNoid - 2011-08-15

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Big Noid,
How does the infopanel trigger work in stripview? In other views it's one time UP however in stripview i instantly get the sidemenu.

Small thing in panelview. Long text goes over the thumb. At least for the writers.
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9044/screenshot086j.png

EDIT:
Same in carousel as stripshow. Showcase works just fine
Trigger is not implemented yet for stripshow and carousel mode.

@fional: You have to set the path to music library in cdart manager and in nox. Both have to be the same. I found it worked best to choose a different location instead of my actual music library, since cdart script just creates all needed folders. But that is in no means mandatory.

- fional - 2011-08-15

Big_Noid Wrote:@fional: You have to set the path to music library in cdart manager and in nox. Both have to be the same. I found it worked best to choose a different location instead of my actual music library, since cdart script just creates all needed folders. But that is in no means mandatory.

Ah! I just picked my actual music library and it seems to be putting everything in place. Creating an extrafanart directory and such.

Part of my problem was I was using the one from the repo, which didn't even have a ClearLOGO or Fanart option, which is why (well a big reason anyway) I was so confused!

This is fun, I really enjoy these clearartist logos.

Big_Noid Wrote:Just added extrafanart to home screen and music viz.

How does this work? Does that mean it replaces the visualisation part or that last.fm yoke that comes up if you have visualisations off and that artist addon installed?

- BigNoid - 2011-08-15

fional Wrote:How does this work? Does that mean it replaces the visualisation part or that last.fm yoke that comes up if you have visualisations off and that artist addon installed?

It plays on top of regular fanart. So disable all other fanart options to see it.
In home screen you have to do nothing, except enable option to show music fanart in home now playing.

- fional - 2011-08-15

Big_Noid Wrote:It plays on top of regular fanart. So disable all other fanart options to see it.
In home screen you have to do nothing, except enable option to show music fanart in home now playing.

I'm feeling a bit daft, since this is the only skin I've ever used and should know the answer to this -

What do you mean disable all other fanart options? Do you mean under System - Skin - Background?

- BigNoid - 2011-08-15

No, I mean all the different fanart/backdrop options in the misc options ( far right button in music osd).

- flipje - 2011-08-15

Is there something wrong with the light floor. I was trying it out, but the only thing that happened was that the flags became dark and barely visible. the floor was still dark.

I use the git version of Nox and XBMC Pre-Eden.