Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - swetoast - 2013-11-29

(2013-11-29, 10:28)win88ice2004 Wrote: @swetoast your saying tolriq is coming off as "defensive as shit" yet your coming off as aggressive as shit. I along with everyone else that has ever had a problem come up, and address our concerns/problems in a respective manner, has had the problem fixed. 99% of the time it was on our end. Yet tolriq helps us out. Before getting all aggressive ask a reasonable question, post your logs and maybe we can figure it out. Don't hate the people who do things to better your system. If you cant deal with that go to plex..or the official app.

not my intent to be offensive in any form or manor still its funny that you condemn me for that action yet use the same if method Smile

if tolriq took offensive i here by give my apologies plus im gonna give debuglogs so we can sort this matter out once and for all

btw tolriq verbose logggin on http is what matters for debuging calls to xbmc from yatse right ? along with debug log from yatse

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-11-29

Logs shown configuration problem in 3 secs Wink

So please all, just generate logs when you have problems it's easy, integrated and make everybody gain tons of time Smile

Version 3.9.6 just pushed to address some Xbmc bugs.

And Yatse still needs some helps with translations http://www.getlocalization.com/Yatse/ for help.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - inzzzomnia - 2013-11-30

OK never mind about the previous problem then.
I have another one that has to be a Yatse problem though.
Is there any way to make Yatse auto update the database (long press in the left menu) at startup or even better in the background as soon as XBMC is started or database is updated, and add the new stuff so it shows without having to navigate to each folder?
I find the voice command to be a great function but as is (or maybe because I got some settings wrong) it's useless.
If I want it to play the next episode that I just added of a series I first need to start Yatse, long press 'TV Shows' in the menu, wait for it to complete, navigate to the series I want to watch so the new episode appears. Not before that am I able to use the voice command but by then it's kind of usless since I can just start it manually.

Any way to solve it?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-11-30

Well Yatse either synchronize automatically when you browse the app or when you long press.

If you long press the tv icon then it will sync everything no need to browse Smile

And you can voice command the sync too Smile

You can also use Yatse API to force sync anytime you want with tasker for example, but there's no flag or easy way to know that Xbmc database was updated from client side, maybe you want to push a request to Xbmc team so they add this Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - inzzzomnia - 2013-11-30

(2013-11-30, 01:12)Tolriq Wrote: If you long press the tv icon then it will sync everything no need to browse Smile
Yes it will sync but the episode added wont show up until I navigate to the show, the voice command 'play next "show name"' wont work until I've done that, it will just play the second last added to the share.

Quote:And you can voice command the sync too Smile
What's the command? Not that it really matters though, I still have to do as described above.

Quote:You can also use Yatse API to force sync anytime you want with tasker for example, but there's no flag or easy way to know that Xbmc database was updated from client side, maybe you want to push a request to Xbmc team so they add this Wink
OK, what is tasker and where can I read about it to accomplish what I'm after?
I would push a request if I knew what to write (and where and how), my guess is that you would have a better chance to describe what's needed Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-11-30

Well http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Debug for the sync problem since what you describe is not possible Smile

All commands are explained in the Wiki Smile

For tasker this is a example a simple Google can help Wink

And yes I could but well discussion with the Team about JSON features and how to do things is little blocked Smile So users have more chance to get listened Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - deepee - 2013-12-01

Hi All

The vitual keyboard is not registering the "T" or "V" or "M" key presses to switch off subtitles.

I've used two different Android phones but no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks
deepee

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-12-01

To handle subtitles it's way faster to use the nowplaying screen Smile

But to be in keymap mode you need to long press the keyboars button as explained in the Wikk that contains ton's of useful information Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - deepee - 2013-12-01

Thanks, Tolriq.

Both methods are now working for me. Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - inzzzomnia - 2013-12-01

(2013-11-30, 13:04)Tolriq Wrote: Well http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Debug for the sync problem since what you describe is not possible Smile

All commands are explained in the Wiki Smile

For tasker this is a example a simple Google can help Wink

And yes I could but well discussion with the Team about JSON features and how to do things is little blocked Smile So users have more chance to get listened Smile

Oh, the sync problem is very much possible since it happens every time I add new stuff. And the same goes for the watched status, it wont update until I navigate to the show in the app. I'll try to provide a debug log when I get something new to add.

Any other way than Tasker to do it? Don't feel like paying for another app..
What's the 'Minimum sync interval' thats in the settings? By the sound of it, it auto sync so can't you have it to sync every time you open up the app?

Ok, if you send me a PM with what to ask for, and where, I'll post it. Cause I don't know what to write.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-12-01

Well TBH the logs will help me to explain you what you do wrong Wink

What you describe is not possible since long pressing and navigating use the exact same process to trigger the sync Wink

And yes the minimal interval is for time between auto sync, for 99,99% of users auto sync is way enough and the long press covers the rest of use case.

I'm pretty sure your problem is that Xbmc have not scrapped the media before you sync but well I need logs to show you Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - inzzzomnia - 2013-12-01

Well I add the new stuff, update the library in XBMC so the stuff adds, long press the TV shows-button and see the increase in nr of episodes, use the voice command 'play next "name of show"' and an episode starts to play, but not the one just added instead it's the second last. If I after that navigate in the TV shows-list and select the show to view all episodes the newly added one pops up and is able to be played.
Can't see what I should do differently but would be nice if it was that easy...

Would it be an enormous job to have an option for auto sync on startup added in the settings? If not I would very much appreciate it.

Well if the number increase the sync is done Wink

So well as I said I need logs but I guess asking for logs 10 times per pages is not enough Wink

And yes if I did not add this option it's perhaps for a reason Wink

Like how Android works and there's no real start thing specially when using widgets or notification and syncing everything each time remote screen is shown would well just kill battery and network usage for just no benefit 99% of the time Wink

Nothing in Yatse is made at random and everything is made for a better end user experience Smile

But well some choice are made due to tons of bugs and limitations on Xbmc side but global experience for majority of users does benefit from the made choices.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - win88ice2004 - 2013-12-05

Hey tolriq,

Is it possible to edit the "Special commands" to remove the ones I wont use. For example I never play DVDs through xbmc so this one is kindof redundant to me. Maybe something similar how you can with the left menu and hide various menu items?

Similarly across the top in the remote view I can select to go directly to the movies music pictures etc. can this be edited? Again I do not use pictures and would like this to be removed.

Again not sure if these can be done or if this is a feature request. Keep up the great work making the best remote even better!

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Paxonator - 2013-12-07

I tried searching but couldn't find anything. Does anyone else have the issue where when selecting a tv show to stream from the add on section in yatse, that the opening stream window stays open covering the screen? I then have to go to the remote portion and hit the back button for it to go away. Anyone experience this? Also note I'm brand new to the yatse remote and have been using the xbmc remote until a couple of days ago.