Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

Testing wanted on Dharma - BigNoid - 2011-08-21

Are there any users that are still on Dharma and are using Nox from googlecode's svn? If so, I backported all the features that I could and I'm putting in a code freeze. If you find any issues on this release please let me know. In a week or so I am sending a final pull request for this release on Dharma. There were also some changes in the language strings, so if you have translated something for Nox, please check if everything is still accurate.

Thx and your help is appreciated.

- fional - 2011-08-21

Big_Noid Wrote:@aoaaron: there is already lite mode; disable all viewtypes except lowlist.

Does that speed things up?

When I go to skin/viewtypes - It says Video Viewtypes - so does this only impact viewing modes for Movies and TV Shows? Or does it impact Pictures and Music as well?

Right now, I noticed I have Showcase, Landscape, Lowlist, Panel, Info List, Episode, and Carousel enabled - I'm not exactly sure I need all that enabled, like with Showcase and so forth.

-- I disabled everything in the Viewtypes except Lowlist and things seem to be working ok. Not sure it was wise or not, but if I only use lowlist in Movies/TV Show - I suppose no harm. It's only in music and pictures I use other view types

- Martijn - 2011-08-22

fional Wrote:Does that speed things up?

When I go to skin/viewtypes - It says Video Viewtypes - so does this only impact viewing modes for Movies and TV Shows? Or does it impact Pictures and Music as well?

Right now, I noticed I have Showcase, Landscape, Lowlist, Panel, Info List, Episode, and Carousel enabled - I'm not exactly sure I need all that enabled, like with Showcase and so forth.

-- I disabled everything in the Viewtypes except Lowlist and things seem to be working ok. Not sure it was wise or not, but if I only use lowlist in Movies/TV Show - I suppose no harm. It's only in music and pictures I use other view types
Partial answer:
forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=867485&postcount=2770

By disabling the views it forces you to only use that one. But its the same as you leave them on in settings and just don't use them and set everything to lowlist. Probably lowlist is the one that use the least system resources so it should be the fastest.

- phsyraxion - 2011-08-22

Big_Noid Wrote:@phsyraxion: this is likely a fault of the script. Disable all random widgets tot stop the script from running.

Yep have done this already and no probs. Where does the script come from? Is it something you have put together or is there a thread for it? I don't want to clog this thread anymore but I like that little randoms script more than the latest scripts and Id like to know what the difference is in the way it works and why it has the issues with an SQL database and not the local database.

Recent Updates - VegaOrion - 2011-08-22

NodI love this Aeon NOX skin! Nod Recently I've noticed some weird things happen. I have had people over playing with my XBMC so that might actually be the issue, but I don't know how to fix it.

1. My new movies and tv episodes aren't posting on the main screen. (with exception to megamind which isn't exactly new)
2. My tv shows and movies opens either plain library mode or whatever was opened last. i.e. I go to movies and instead I get TV shows.
3. the back (...) button is gone. Which combined with problem 2 makes an infinite loop of frustration.
4. Upon update the background images for item selection is gone so I can't see what I'm selecting. (sometimes it goes away)

I guess I could use the remote all the time or brush up on my command keys but I really don't think I should have to. I've never had problems before so I'm willing to bet It's probably user error. Either that or I'm still being punished for upgrading to OS X Lion.Sad

- phsyraxion - 2011-08-22

VegaOrion Wrote:NodI love this Aeon NOX skin! Nod Recently I've noticed some weird things happen. I have had people over playing with my XBMC so that might actually be the issue, but I don't know how to fix it.

1. My new movies and tv episodes aren't posting on the main screen. (with exception to megamind which isn't exactly new)
2. My tv shows and movies opens either plain library mode or whatever was opened last. i.e. I go to movies and instead I get TV shows.
3. the back (...) button is gone. Which combined with problem 2 makes an infinite loop of frustration.
4. Upon update the background images for item selection is gone so I can't see what I'm selecting. (sometimes it goes away)

I guess I could use the remote all the time or brush up on my command keys but I really don't think I should have to. I've never had problems before so I'm willing to bet It's probably user error. Either that or I'm still being punished for upgrading to OS X Lion.Sad

Have you tried doing just a backup of your skin and reinstalling a new copy to see if it goes away?

Ive been testing XBMC for a few weeks now to figure everything out and find its faults before the woman of the house has to use it and I have loaded and reloaded skins and other components due to me tweaking things beyond my capabilities. This is all good though because I now need to make sure I have a backup plan for these things and a few scripts should help with this

- VegaOrion - 2011-08-22

Didn't know you could do that. Sounds worth a try.

- VegaOrion - 2011-08-22

phsyraxion Wrote:Have you tried doing just a backup of your skin and reinstalling a new copy to see if it goes away?

Ive been testing XBMC for a few weeks now to figure everything out and find its faults before the woman of the house has to use it and I have loaded and reloaded skins and other components due to me tweaking things beyond my capabilities. This is all good though because I now need to make sure I have a backup plan for these things and a few scripts should help with this

That got rid of problem 1 and 4! Still have issues, but we're getting there.

- Martijn - 2011-08-22

VegaOrion Wrote:That got rid of problem 1 and 4! Still have issues, but we're getting there.

The (....) is just setting that is disable. Look in xbmc settings (not skin.)
Maybe in skin settings "set to default" solves your problem.

- BigNoid - 2011-08-22

@ VegaOrion : sounds like you are using the version of the skin that was meant for nightly builds and are running XBMC Dharma (10.1).

- st graveyard - 2011-08-22

Hey guys,

When looking in this thread now I see the most amazing screenshots of the movie and tv show section. The views are not available in my version, so I guess all of this is not official yet? Any idea when all the new work will be available for the 'less hardcore' XBMC audience? ;-)
It looks all so incredibly nice!

Cheers,
Grave

- Martijn - 2011-08-22

st graveyard Wrote:Hey guys,

When looking in this thread now I see the most amazing screenshots of the movie and tv show section. The views are not available in my version, so I guess all of this is not official yet? Any idea when all the new work will be available for the 'less hardcore' XBMC audience? ;-)
It looks all so incredibly nice!

Cheers,
Grave

Check this post by Big Noid:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=868981&postcount=2791
I think you're using 10.1 Dharma so check first post how to get the latest stable. Do not use pre-eden version

- Martijn - 2011-08-22

Big_Noid Wrote:@ VegaOrion : sounds like you are using the version of the skin that was meant for nightly builds and are running XBMC Dharma (10.1).
Seems a lot of people install the wrong version. Maybe edit the first post that's more clear that pre-eden and the passion repo are only for nightly's

- tocinillo - 2011-08-22

Bug? With the latest SVN when I use "pelisalacarta" add-on XBMC freezes I have to restart HTPC....with other skins this not occurs (confluence, alaska, etc.)

Regards!

- BigNoid - 2011-08-22

tocinillo Wrote:Bug? With the latest SVN when I use "pelisalacarta" add-on XBMC freezes I have to restart HTPC....with other skins this not occurs (confluence, alaska, etc.)

Regards!

I cannot reproduce this. Do you have a debug log?