Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- joelones - 2011-08-11

steve1977 Wrote:Now I understand your setting. Are you on the most recent built? Using MP3s? There used to be an issue with FLAC/M4A and albumartists in the past.

The most recent one should look for the "album artist" if it exists. Difference with my setting is that it is not called "various artists", but "soundtrack", but I don't think that this should make a difference.

I am using Picard to tag my collection, but again this should not make a difference.

I deleted the db and had headphones rescan my library. I am using the most recent build and using mp3s exclusively. It still scans and adds the compilation artists to the db.

As I said, the "ablum artist" tag is filled with "various artists". Does headphones scan the album artist first, hence not finding a match then moves on to the "artist" tag? That would explain my issue.

Any suggestions to avoid scanning compilation artists to the db?

- steve1977 - 2011-08-11

joelones Wrote:I deleted the db and had headphones rescan my library. I am using the most recent build and using mp3s exclusively. It still scans and adds the compilation artists to the db.

As I said, the "ablum artist" tag is filled with "various artists". Does headphones scan the album artist first, hence not finding a match then move on to the "artist" tag? That would explain the my issue.

Any suggestions for to avoid scanning compilation artists to the db?

Saw a note of rembo that an "ignore list" is coming very soon. In this case, you may just want to wait for a bit. Once this "ignore list" is out, you can add "various artists" to the ignore list and it should fix it.

- joelones - 2011-08-11

steve1977 Wrote:Saw a note of rembo that an "ignore list" is coming very soon. In this case, you may just want to wait for a bit. Once this "ignore list" is out, you can add "various artists" to the ignore list and it should fix it.

Thanks for the update Steve.

- grassmunk - 2011-08-11

steve1977 Wrote:Do you want to give it yet a new try with the latest GIT? I got the same Beastie Boys album to check whats going on and (funny enough) it works for me.

Need to say that your tags look brilliant though and even grand master rembo blames headphones for it. So, I assume there will be a "fix" soon (or already has).

Yep I did a git pull yesterday night and deleted the artist and then rescanned the beastie boys folder and it all worked!

Thanks again!

- rembo10 - 2011-08-11

joelones - you're totally right. sorry for possibly making you think you were going nuts. if the artist is 'Various Artists', it uses the artist tag. fix in the next update.

shadowfighter - doesn't look like headphones downloaded those folders. the format headphones uses is 'Artist - Album [Year]', and uses that info to start the post processing

- joelones - 2011-08-11

rembo10 Wrote:joelones - you're totally right. sorry for possibly making you think you were going nuts. if the artist is 'Various Artists', it uses the artist tag. fix in the next update.

Good to know I'm not losing it...and kudos to you, rembo10, for the recent strides toward making headphones a killer app

- shadowfighter - 2011-08-11

rembo10 Wrote:shadowfighter - doesn't look like headphones downloaded those folders. the format headphones uses is 'Artist - Album [Year]', and uses that info to start the post processing

Thanks found it Smile can you mention that in the gui?

- shadowfighter - 2011-08-12

Hi,

So I have it working somewhat Smile

I have imported all of my CD's and have some questions:

HP has imported my CD from 10CC, called The Ultimate Collection. I can see it in the list home -> 10 CC, I see below Have, 30/132

- When I click on 10CC I see 12 CD's, but not mine
- The CD itself contains 38 numbers (2 CD's, 15, 15 and Bonus CD 8 numbers) So why only showing 30 numbers?
- I have a CD of Amy Winehouse called Frank (Deluxe Edition) which it is not added from download folder. As i could find the CD manually from the MusicBrainz DB is there a way to help HeadPhones with the search? By adding the ID manually?

thanks for the great tool!

- hermy65 - 2011-08-12

I might have missed this reading through everything but is it possible to either batch delete artists i dont want to watch that are in my music library without them being re-added OR is there a way to batch mark artists as paused?

- tinybilbo - 2011-08-12

Hi,

I pretty much have everything working well, just a few hiccups here and there...
So I thought I might mention one Smile

The proccessing fails on foreign symbols i.e

Dire Straits - Communiqué [1979]

It would hang with this in the log
Code:
2011-08-12 15:47:57     INFO     Querying MusicBrainz for the release group id for: Dire Straits - Communique
When I replaced the é with e in track eight, it stopped hanging but gave this error when renaming,
Code:
2011-08-12 17:33:16     ERROR     Error renaming file: /media/Temp/Sabnzbd/MusicInComplete/Dire Straits - Communique [1979]/09 Follow Me Home.flac. Error: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 82: ordinal not in range(128)
2011-08-12 17:33:16     ERROR     Error renaming file: /media/Temp/Sabnzbd/MusicInComplete/Dire Straits - Communique [1979]/03 Where Do You Think You're Going.flac. Error: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 82: ordinal not in range(128)
2011-08-12 17:33:16     ERROR     Error renaming file: /media/Temp/Sabnzbd/MusicInComplete/Dire Straits - Communique [1979]/01 Once Upon a Time in the West.flac. Error: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 82: ordinal not in range(128)
2011-08-12 17:33:16     ERROR     Error renaming file: /media/Temp/Sabnzbd/MusicInComplete/Dire Straits - Communique [1979]/08 Single-Handed Sailor.flac. Error: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 82: ordinal not in range(128)
2011-08-12 17:33:16     ERROR     Error renaming file: /media/Temp/Sabnzbd/MusicInComplete/Dire Straits - Communique [1979]/02 News.flac. Error: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 82: ordinal not in range(128)
2011-08-12 17:33:16     ERROR     Error renaming file: /media/Temp/Sabnzbd/MusicInComplete/Dire Straits - Communique [1979]/05 Lady Writer.flac. Error: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 82: ordinal not in range(128)
2011-08-12 17:33:16     ERROR     Error renaming file: /media/Temp/Sabnzbd/MusicInComplete/Dire Straits - Communique [1979]/07 Portobello Belle.flac. Error: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 82: ordinal not in range(128)
2011-08-12 17:33:16     ERROR     Error renaming file: /media/Temp/Sabnzbd/MusicInComplete/Dire Straits - Communique [1979]/04 Communique.flac. Error: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 82: ordinal not in range(128)
2011-08-12 17:33:16     ERROR     Error renaming file: /media/Temp/Sabnzbd/MusicInComplete/Dire Straits - Communique [1979]/06 Angel of Mercy.flac. Error: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 82: ordinal not in range(128)
This may be a fault with my debian based sheevaplug, not having the the correct regional character encoding, or it may be an issue,
Do foreign characters work for everyone else?

Thanks

- Loto_Bak - 2011-08-13

Was going to dive into headphones tonight but couldn't clone your repository

Code:
root@storage:~/headphones-python# git clone https://github.com/rembo10/headphones.git master
Initialized empty Git repository in /root/headphones-python/master/.git/
error: error setting certificate verify locations:
  CAfile: /etc/curl/curlCA
  CApath: none

warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

I suspect this is due to you deleting the develop branch?
googling this error seems to indicate HEAD isnt pointing to a valid branch (usually master) but you seem to have master. Not sure...
I'm able to check out other repositories (such as xbmc) perfectly.

- rembo10 - 2011-08-13

Loto_Bak Wrote:Was going to dive into headphones tonight but couldn't clone your repository

Code:
root@storage:~/headphones-python# git clone https://github.com/rembo10/headphones.git master
Initialized empty Git repository in /root/headphones-python/master/.git/
error: error setting certificate verify locations:
  CAfile: /etc/curl/curlCA
  CApath: none

warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

I suspect this is due to you deleting the develop branch?
googling this error seems to indicate HEAD isnt pointing to a valid branch (usually master) but you seem to have master. Not sure...
I'm able to check out other repositories (such as xbmc) perfectly.

I'm still fumbling around git a little but running the same git clone command works for me. I also just readded the develop branch in case that was causing problems.

Fixing unicode errors and the 'have tracks' issues that people have been having lately to make it a lot more reliable across all systems

- TheStretchedElf - 2011-08-13

Was looking forward to trying this out but unfortunately it failed to find any music files in my music directory. This may be due to a funny naming convention I have which includes none standard characters, but maybe someone else will know.

Quote:NOFX ● 2005 ● 7” of the Month Club #1꞉ February 2005 ● Single ● V0 ● Vinyl

eta: Just renamed a couple of folders by replacing ● with - and it worked, so it would seem that is the issue. The question is do I want to reorganise 2,354 albums so that headphones works?

- HarryRosen - 2011-08-13

Is it possible to stop headphones from re-adding false positives on the artist? Like once i delete and artist it always readds it to the list

- rflores2323 - 2011-08-13

HarryRosen Wrote:Is it possible to stop headphones from re-adding false positives on the artist? Like once i delete and artist it always readds it to the list

yes this happens to me aswell. Would be great if we could have an option/pop up that says to delete the artist unless manually added again. great idea and hope they can do something like that.