Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Raytestrak - 2011-09-29

I have a question about multi images.

I'm using the artwork organizer add-on to seperate my tvshow and movie fanart into seperate folders, and I have multi image locations set to those two folders. So far, so good. Later on, I changed some fanart for some TV shows and when I look into the artwork organizer folder I see that the fanart stored there has changed.

The image shown in my home menu though, shows the old images. Does this mean that the skin makes a copy of the images I specified in the skin config? That means that an image is stored (at least) THREE times. One in the VideoFanart folder somewhere, one in the artwork organizer folder, and then another one somewhere I can't find. Is there a way to either clean up the latter, so the fanart I didn't want doesn't show anymore, or (even better) only use the files specified in the folder specified as multi image location?

- coolio99 - 2011-09-29

looks like any skin who has the features movie thing dont work?why..is the becuse random py thing or what?

- Martijn - 2011-09-29

coolio99 Wrote:looks like any skin who has the features movie thing dont work?why..is the becuse random py thing or what?

If you're running nightly builds you will know things will break. So if that's the case i donk understand what this
coolio99 Wrote:heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.. featured movies dont work on nox latest update..no movies and no pictures in features movies..but lastest movies work..need help quick please
is all about. If you don't want any problems you have to use Dharma10.1.

- BigNoid - 2011-09-29

ecopsorn Wrote:Hi Big Noid

I was wondering if it's possible in your scan to use episode fanarts?
I've created a thread here where I ask about it:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=898984&posted=1#post898984

thanks

If it gets more common, which I doubt btw, I'll add support for it.

@coolio99: The random items script updated a few days back and now requires a build from at least 23 september iirc

@Raytestrak: The skin doesn't cache anything. Maybe XBMC caches the fanarts generated by artwork organizer. if that is the case then that is a bug imo and should be reported. No need for XBMC to cache 1080p images outside fanart folder.

- Martijn - 2011-09-29

Raytestrak Wrote:I have a question about multi images.

I'm using the artwork organizer add-on to seperate my tvshow and movie fanart into seperate folders, and I have multi image locations set to those two folders. So far, so good. Later on, I changed some fanart for some TV shows and when I look into the artwork organizer folder I see that the fanart stored there has changed.

The image shown in my home menu though, shows the old images. Does this mean that the skin makes a copy of the images I specified in the skin config? That means that an image is stored (at least) THREE times. One in the VideoFanart folder somewhere, one in the artwork organizer folder, and then another one somewhere I can't find. Is there a way to either clean up the latter, so the fanart I didn't want doesn't show anymore, or (even better) only use the files specified in the folder specified as multi image location?

Skins don't make copy. XBMC does that. Yes i think you are wright about the that XBMC stores things three times (not sure). One original fanart, one exported by Artwork Organizer and one cashed version of the Artwork Organizer. At the moment there's no way this can be disabled. There are some request to partialy solve this.

XBMC is very stuborn about the fanart (and some other things). So even when you change you fanart it will keep the 'original' scraped also. So when using the Organizer this will be exported to. The only i think to solve this is after using the Organizer is to check in the export folder which fanart you don't want'and delete those. This way Nox won't show them.
There are some rather radical ways to handle this but not advicable.

Hopefully this does clarify some things.

Big_Noid Wrote:No need for XBMC to cache 1080p images outside fanart folder.

Here's the thread about the cashing started by Black.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109617

New TV Guide - BigNoid - 2011-09-29

If the next aired script gets updated this will be what the tv guide in Nox look like:

The TV GUide main menu item get's dropped if this gets added as the new next aired script will make those redundant. If you want TV Guide as main menu item just add it as favorite and add it to main menu.

- ibixat - 2011-09-29

Big_Noid Wrote:If the next aired script gets updated this will be what the tv guide in Nox look like:

**Img removed**

The TV GUide main menu item get's dropped if this gets added as the new next aired script will make those redundant. If you want TV Guide as main menu item just add it as favorite and add it to main menu.

I guess I'm confused what you mean, if the next aired script gets updated we are no longer going to have the tv guide main menu like we have now? how will we access it? By going to TV and the submenu? If we add it as a favorite to get it back on the main menu are we going to be able to maintain the cool background it has now?

I guess another question in regards to the tv guide section, is there a limit to how many shows it gives? Mine only seems to list today and the next 4 days, it's blank on the days after that

- BigNoid - 2011-09-29

@ibixat:
Yeah, it currently has a 25 item limit. That limit will be gone if the script updates Smile
Also all items are now scrollable and show the info on the right side.

The tvguide background will still be in the backgrounds folder, so you can point the background of the main menu favorite to that one. The tv schedule sub menu item will still be intact. I just think it's a bit overkill to have a seperate main menu item defaulted for an add-on with no sub menu. The reason I added it previously was that it has a seven day submenu.
The weekday windows are now no longer needed as the info is shown right away on the right side of the screen.

- ibixat - 2011-09-29

Thanks for clarifying, I was confused at first but that makes sense now, and the 25 item limit must have been hit once I started adding more tv shows to the system, when I only had 40 or 50 shows it was giving me a lot of future time now it can't even fill out a week =P

@Machine-Sanctum. Thanks for that. And sorry that I blamed Nox for this Wink
The artwork organizer folder contains only one file per serie/movie, so the cached file comes from somewhere else. It's a shame it doesn't just use the files in the folder I've specified, not only does it show old fanart (maybe even double) I guess it'll also show fanart for things you've already deleted. I've already opted that xbmc should store fanart per video source, that way it would also be easy for users to use multi-images for smart playlists. Saves the use of an extra plugin and maybe it saves some diskspace. Not that fanart takes up a lot of space, the number fof files is enormous though. I'm hitting 30k already Sad

- Martijn - 2011-09-29

Raytestrak Wrote:@Machine-Sanctum. Thanks for that. And sorry that I blamed Nox for this Wink
The artwork organizer folder contains only one file per serie/movie, so the cached file comes from somewhere else. It's a shame it doesn't just use the files in the folder I've specified, not only does it show old fanart (maybe even double) I guess it'll also show fanart for things you've already deleted. I've already opted that xbmc should store fanart per video source, that way it would also be easy for users to use multi-images for smart playlists. Saves the use of an extra plugin and maybe it saves some diskspace. Not that fanart takes up a lot of space, the number fof files is enormous though. I'm hitting 30k already Sad

It should use only the files in the folder you've set. They can't be coming from somewhere else. Even though the images are cashed when they are shown. Nox only check the folder you've set.
Just try empty-ing the folder you've set. You're background will flicker a couple of times (it's searching for images) and then will remain black.

I have multiple playlist as menu item so don't think they will go that far by splitting it up per source. Think only by movies and tvshows. So i'm still stuck with custom fanart folders.

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:It should use only the files in the folder you've set. They can't be coming from somewhere else. Even though the images are cashed when they are shown. Nox only check the folder you've set.
Just try empty-ing the folder you've set. You're background will flicker a couple of times (it's searching for images) and then will remain black.

I have multiple playlist as menu item so don't think they will go that far by splitting it up per source. Think only by movies and tvshows. So i'm still stuck with custom fanart folders.

I thought so too, but I'm sure I saw the old image in the home screen and I verified the one in the folder I specified in the menu editor and that contained the new one. Since the images appear at random it's difficult to check Smile

Now it's showing the new one and NO, I'm not hallucinating Wink

I'm affraid you're right about the splitting of fanart per source. I now run a cmd at startup and resume which moves files from the artwork organizer folder to my multi image folders. It works okay, but it does require maintenance and a reboot (or sleep/resume) to arrange my fanart.

- Martijn - 2011-09-29

Raytestrak Wrote:I thought so too, but I'm sure I saw the old image in the home screen and I verified the one in the folder I specified in the menu editor and that contained the new one. Since the images appear at random it's difficult to check Smile
Now it's showing the new one and NO, I'm not hallucinating Wink
I am pretty sure it will contain the other one to Rolleyes
So both both files must be in there. Try what i suggested and place the content of the folder temporarly somewhere else. It leaves you with no background.

Quote:I'm affraid you're right about the splitting of fanart per source. I now run a cmd at startup and resume which moves files from the artwork organizer folder to my multi image folders. It works okay, but it does require maintenance and a reboot (or sleep/resume) to arrange my fanart.

Found an much easier route for me.
Because i use Ember and store my fanart with the movie AO will not work for me. This is because there's no fanart in the thumbnails folder. xbmc never scraped the fanart there. It just uses the ones from the media folder.
So what i do is search the correct media folder for the fanart.jpg and copy them to a seperate folders. Also manual labour but no other choice. Do have full control this way Smile

- Martijn - 2011-09-29

Big_Noid Wrote:@Raytestrak: The skin doesn't cache anything. Maybe XBMC caches the fanarts generated by artwork organizer. if that is the case then that is a bug imo and should be reported. No need for XBMC to cache 1080p images outside fanart folder.
Well i tried and ALL images are cashed.
Code:
21:10:21 T:492   DEBUG: Caching image 'W:\Muziek bestanden\Albums\Daft Punk\extrafanart\daft-punk-4e25c5ba34b39.jpg' as '6/6b342df6.jpg' full size
21:10:21 T:492    INFO: Caching image from: W:\Muziek bestanden\Albums\Daft Punk\extrafanart\daft-punk-4e25c5ba34b39.jpg to special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/6/6b342df6.jpg
21:10:32 T:1928   DEBUG: Caching image 'W:\Muziek bestanden\Albums\Daft Punk\extrafanart\daft-punk-4e494109bf1ef.jpg' as 'b/b5f30661.jpg' full size
21:10:32 T:1928    INFO: Caching image from: W:\Muziek bestanden\Albums\Daft Punk\extrafanart\daft-punk-4e494109bf1ef.jpg to special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/b/b5f30661.jpg

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:I am pretty sure it will contain the other one to Rolleyes
So both both files must be in there. Try what i suggested and place the content of the folder temporarly somewhere else. It leaves you with no background.

Nope. One file per serie/movie. The folder is removed by the artwork organizer script prior to copying the current fanart, so that's not it.

The "cache" folders are the numerical folders right? And the single letter ones? I've tried removing those and THEN I get no background. It slowly rebuilds over time, so it does seem to me that the images specified in the multi image location are cached and used differently then you'd expect.

I'll have a look at ember, but performance wise I think I need my fanart local. It's only a E350 setup.