Kodi Community Forum
Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Sumvision Cyclone X4 (/showthread.php?tid=208233)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - D-an-W - 2015-04-09

If you flash the factory image back I linked to above does it work ok then?

bobones did put a remote.conf on his dropbox to allow the remote to work in OpenELEC fully, I assume you are using that?

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - rsblue - 2015-04-09

yes i flashed the original firmware from the site plus the bootloader plus the remote conf , still wont power on with remote and i made a backup of another unit running openelec and remote working fully with twrp and it still wont power on but every other button works and it powers down Huh

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - TheOverseer - 2015-04-09

I'd suggest re-downloading the original firmware from Sumvision's website and reflash just the bootloader (I'd imagine it's in the ROM somewhere).

From what I understand the remote.conf only works once Android/Linux is booted up. Outside of that (i.e in the bootloader) its handled by the bootloader.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - rsblue - 2015-04-10

(2015-04-09, 17:59)TheOverseer Wrote: I'd suggest re-downloading the original firmware from Sumvision's website and reflash just the bootloader (I'd imagine it's in the ROM somewhere).

From what I understand the remote.conf only works once Android/Linux is booted up. Outside of that (i.e in the bootloader) its handled by the bootloader.

ive found the bootloader but how do i flash it am i right in needing to zip it if so what files do i need just the bootloader or others cheers Big Grin

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - mickypc - 2015-04-16

Hey all,

Good to see we started a good thing here....

Bob, ive been building loads of these with 5.0.0 and they have been working fine until recently, they have started misbehaving with WIFI
Error either
Invalid Arguments
or some other argument which i cant replicate right now, also only really been applicable to SKY routers (unusually)

Just wondering before i go ahead and start breaking boxes, is the 5.0.8 build stable for these boxes? or do you recommend a different one?

Cheers

Michael

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - D-an-W - 2015-04-16

kerber did a build of 5.0.8 but I couldn't get Ethernet to work (Didn't test Wi-Fi but devices did show up in the list), he is going to look into it further but in the meantime I am using his 5.0.6 build with no problems.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - harvsingh - 2015-04-18

Hi All

I have been off for a while.. and wanted to check in and find if there was a better version now..

I've been using 5.0.0 ..but its been that long... I dont even remember how to update it (seriously... mind blank)

So, anyone give me an update ?
What rom/flash and how to go from 5.0.0 to what is best now.. and also apply the power on fix by remote (bootloader)

thanks

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - D-an-W - 2015-04-19

I used TWRP (The TV110 port has also just been updated to 2.8.6.0 by daemonium over at FreakTab) to update but if you are running OpenELEC already you can stick the .tar file of the version you want to update to in the \\OpenELEC\Update folder as mentioned by bobones earlier in the thread...

Quote:Once you've flashed the an initial version of OE, the easiest way to update it is to copy the .tar image file into \\openelec\update and reboot the box.

I use the 5.0.6 version by kerber

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - TheOverseer - 2015-04-20

I see Sumvision have updated their support page to include an "X4 only" version of Kodi (14.2): http://www.mediafire.com/download/li7z1cf48dy36k1/X4_kodi_v14_2.zip

Not tried it myself as the XBMC/Kodi skin I like isn't compatable.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - neal73 - 2015-04-21

Thanks for the heads up - currently installing. I'll let you know what it runs like

Update: so far so good, all HD content is playing fine, and the skins which is says shouldn't work, do.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-04-23

I am still using the 5.0.6 build from Kerber with the original Android bootloader. Not heard or noticed any problems with WiFi and I am very happy with the performance of this build so haven't been bothered to try 5.0.8 especially since there is no .tar file on Kerber's site.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - lstar337 - 2015-04-24

What is the advantage of 5.0.6 over earlier versions?

Would be nice if there was some kind of change log.

It is hard to see the point of upgrading when you don't know what possible advantage there is.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-04-24

It's probably not worth upgrading if you're happy with what you're already running. I believe there are improvements to playback of HEVC and 1000/1001 content (23.976Hz and 59.94Hz) and improvements to CEC functions as well as having a later version of Kodi with bug fixes therein. For a changelog,you just need to look at the commits on Github, e.g https://github.com/surkovalex/OpenELEC.tv/commits/openelec-5.0 or ask on xbmc.ru

The only issue I have is the graphics glitch during navigation that I mentioned before. No problems with anything else. HEVC is smooth on the version I have and I don't use CEC.

(2015-04-23, 12:10)bobones Wrote: Not heard or noticed any problems with WiFi
Is copying still really slow?