Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- szape - 2011-11-05

frodo19 Wrote:Thats not possible to make in the Aeon nox lang file...

Xbmc lang.xml owerwrite the skin translation file.

Contact to xbmc translators...

I know, but the first one has to be added to the skin's language file:
<string id="31856">Időzítő</string>

- BigNoid - 2011-11-05

ReducedToZero Wrote:Yesterday it looks like weather.com locked their API down. Lovely people clearly.

See here for details.

Using Weather Plus with Accuweather as a workaround gives the main weather overview back. Although on clicking 'weather' for more details, I'm already missing the simplicity and cleanness of the standard screen.

'Noid, don't know if you can do anything about it but, oddly, this addon also doesn't seem to feed the omnipresent weather and temp which usually appears in the info bar.

'Zero

-----
XBMC Dharma | Windows Vista | Aeon Nox 1.7
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

I can't fix this. I think weather plus also fetches the current conditions from weather channel. I at least get the same license invalid error in the debug log using weather plus.

- BigNoid - 2011-11-05

yukky Wrote:I have Vimeo and Youtube added as "Favourite Shortcuts." Will this commit solve the problem when launched from there as well?

Add favourite to main menu:
Favourite button 1: ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.vimeo",return)
Favourite button 2: ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube",return)

Not atm. My solution is nothing more really than a workaround. I think the real problem is in the script. Seeing as both vimeo and youtube are developed by the same person. I think these add-ons just don't play nice with the next aired script running in the background. For me the real solution must come from either vimeo/youtube developer or next aired developer.

- ReducedToZero - 2011-11-05

Big_Noid Wrote:I can't fix this. I think weather plus also fetches the current conditions from weather channel. I at least get the same license invalid error in the debug log using weather plus.

I had a dig at this. It looks like XBMC's built in Weather Channel check fires whether or not an alternative weather provider is specified in Weather Plus, so for now the license invalid error is always going to be logged.

When Weather Plus scrapes it's data it doesn't (can't?) overwrite XBMC's weather.IsFetched variable so it uses it's own 36Hour.IsFetched variable instead. The 36Hour.IsFetched is set for all the providers Weather Plus supports.

Upshot of all this is the visibility condition in Includes_HomeWidgets.xml for the Time Panel weather icon and temp is never true (thanks to the weather.com API lockdown). Changing the condition to check 36Hour.IsFetched works nicely, in Dharma at least. I don't run pre Eden so couldn't say there.

Long version short, install Weather Plus, pick Accuweather or NOAA as the provider and drop this and this into the 720p folder (Dharma only).

'Zero

-----
-----

- PatOso - 2011-11-05

In pre-Eden can add a favorite folder, and place a button on the main menu?
Any newsHuhHuh?

- BigNoid - 2011-11-05

ReducedToZero Wrote:I had a dig at this. It looks like XBMC's built in Weather Channel check fires whether or not an alternative weather provider is specified in Weather Plus, so for now the license invalid error is always going to be logged.

When Weather Plus scrapes it's data it doesn't (can't?) overwrite XBMC's weather.IsFetched variable so it uses it's own 36Hour.IsFetched variable instead. The 36Hour.IsFetched is set for all the providers Weather Plus supports.

Upshot of all this is the visibility condition in Includes_HomeWidgets.xml for the Time Panel weather icon and temp is never true (thanks to the weather.com API lockdown). Changing the condition to check 36Hour.IsFetched works nicely, in Dharma at least. I don't run pre Eden so couldn't say there.

Long version short, install Weather Plus, pick Accuweather or NOAA as the provider and drop this and this into the 720p folder (Dharma only).

'Zero

-----
-----
Thx, fixed most things, still can't get current conditions on eden-pre though with weather plus.

PatOso Wrote:In pre-Eden can add a favorite folder, and place a button on the main menu?
Any newsHuhHuh?
This was fixed afaik. You would have to recreate the favorites though. (it was not a skin problem, but xbmc problem)

- ReducedToZero - 2011-11-05

Noticed the condition specific Fanart was also broken when using Weather Plus without the Weather Channel API.

I hacked it to work by changing the background thumb line in Home.xml and modifying Weather Plus, both very (very) slightly.

Again, Dharma only. This needs to go in 720p and this to go in the weather.weatherplus directory.

'Zero

-----
-----

- PatOso - 2011-11-06

Big_Noid Wrote:This was fixed afaik. You would have to recreate the favorites though. (it was not a skin problem, but xbmc problem)

I guess it's problem of XBMC, I will try when I get home.

something else:

In the view "thumbnail" video add-ons every time I do a search appears again in list view, do not get it locks the slecting "thumbnail".Huh

Thanks again.

- lukenukem - 2011-11-06

Only looking at the screenshots for Aeon Nox, I was immediately a big fan. However, the skin is unusable to me as it crashes the AppleTV2 regularly. More often than not I am not able to start playing a video, because XBMC quits before I get to the right menu. (Which, just to note, doesn't happen when using certain other skins.)

Is this a known problem you guys are working on?
Because if it'll help, I'd like to keep posting debug logs until we figure out how to bring this awesome skin to the AppleTV2 stably.

- Raytestrak - 2011-11-06

Is there a way to trigger the logo downloader? It used to be in the side menu of tvshows, but it's gone now. The only way I found to run now is via the add-ons menu, but I have this disabled normally. I can create a favorite and add that as a submenu of tvshows if there's no other way.

edit:

Tried that, but it won't run as a favorite. Not via the submenu and not via the favorite menu directly. It only runs from the Programs menu.

- hackyli - 2011-11-06

I use Aeon Nox an I think it's a great skin. But I have two questions / problems

1. Can I change the default Trailer Scraper (which is Yahoo Movies) to another scraper e.a. youtube, for german trailer as default

2. I put my HD-Movies in a separate folder and made a playlist for the menu. This works fine. But the Move-Sets I made are not recognized in the playlist. When I use the Movie Menu per default, everything is fine. But not in the playlist.

Any solutions / hints?

Thanks.

- Martijn - 2011-11-06

hackyli Wrote:I use Aeon Nox an I think it's a great skin. But I have two questions / problems

1. Can I change the default Trailer Scraper (which is Yahoo Movies) to another scraper e.a. youtube, for german trailer as default

2. I put my HD-Movies in a separate folder and made a playlist for the menu. This works fine. But the Move-Sets I made are not recognized in the playlist. When I use the Movie Menu per default, everything is fine. But not in the playlist.

Any solutions / hints?

Thanks.

1. You can change this in skin settings

2. PLEASE ask this in the future request. They took it out of the smartplaylists for some reason Sad The more people request this back the better. Don't expect this to be added in Eden.

- Martijn - 2011-11-06

Raytestrak Wrote:edit:

Tried that, but it won't run as a favorite. Not via the submenu and not via the favorite menu directly. It only runs from the Programs menu.

It is still available through TV show info so you can run per show

- hackyli - 2011-11-06

Thanks. I don't mean the trailer Menu. I mean the Trailer when I scroll through my movies and pull up for Trailer. It's always the Yahoo Trailer, which Add-On I even didn't have installed.

Is there a Workaround for the Movie Sets in Playlist.

- Martijn - 2011-11-06

hackyli Wrote:Thanks. I don't mean the trailer Menu. I mean the Trailer when I scroll through my movies and pull up for Trailer. It's always the Yahoo Trailer, which Add-On I even didn't have installed.

Is there a Workaround for the Movie Sets in Playlist.

That's the trailer that was scraped when you added the movie to the library. So the scraper just looks at what trailer was available at his source and added that.

No there's now workaround or you could code the proper way into xbmc and a lot of people would be greatfull Big Grin