Kodi Community Forum
New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex (/showthread.php?tid=49559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- midgetspy - 2009-04-29

mindweaver Wrote:Mine displays fine in multiplex. But I'm only using multiplex for tv-shows.

Ah yeah I'm talking about having extra thumbs to display in some of the multiplex movie views, not episode thumbs.

Two extra thumbs problem - meanstreak - 2009-04-29

Hi.

first off - beautiful skin - hats off for that.

Next problem - For every film I have split over 2 CD's for some reason the extrathumbs directory with thumb1 and thumb2 in does not show at all. For all the other films I have prepped the thumbs on not a problem but every single one spanning 2 cd's refuse to show.

My layout is

for working films (thumbs display perfectly)
<film folder>
film.avi
<extrathumbs>
-thumb1.jpg
-thumb2.jpg

for the nonworkers (film is OK plays fine, trailers play fine too)
<film folder>
film CD1.avi
film CD2.avi
<extrathumbs>
-thumb1.jpg
-thumb2.jpg

FYI I am using the latest version of Auriga and the latest Win32 build of XBMC.

It's got me stumped.

Tnx Brent

- Hitcher - 2009-04-29

hikaricore Wrote:So the actual intended behavior is for the info screen only to use poster.jpg?
Is it not possible to have the tv multiplex view use this file instead leaving all other views and skins that use standard posters intact?

I only ask because I use 2 different skins and 3 different views between my three systems running xbmc. >.>

Unfortunately not.

I tried all sorts of different things the other day but got no where.

I think Duncan said it's something to do with a not being able to use paths to display images for TV shows.

- midgetspy - 2009-04-29

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned (I can't keep up with all these threads, hehe) but is there any plan to support the current show/season posters as well as 16x9 thumbs? Or is it official that the Aeon multiplex TV view will be 100% 16x9 thumbs?

As long as we can use list view for TV with posters I guess it doesn't really matter, people who don't want to change just don't get to use Multiplex for TV :0)

- HexusOdy - 2009-04-29

midgetspy Wrote:I'm not sure if it's been mentioned (I can't keep up with all these threads, hehe) but is there any plan to support the current show/season posters as well as 16x9 thumbs? Or is it official that the Aeon multiplex TV view will be 100% 16x9 thumbs?

As long as we can use list view for TV with posters I guess it doesn't really matter, people who don't want to change just don't get to use Multiplex for TV :0)

I think that would solve a big problem actually. With all these options to customise multiplex how we want the one option thats missing that I guess most people would use is the option to use standard poster dimensions instead of the wide thumbs. Possible?

- pletopia - 2009-04-29

i'm not changing but i'm using multiplex

tv show library root and season level in showcase .. episode level multiplex .. works like a charm Smile maybe in the future when i plan on doing a complete rescan of my media (doing 4500+ episodes and 1400+ movies is a bit of a bitch Wink) i'll look at the new 16x9 thumbs for tv and switch over (i was always a big fan of the wide banners .. so they are SORT of like that Smile)

- HexusOdy - 2009-04-29

Same here, I'm using multiplex at episode level but not elsewhere. It's not that I can't be arsed redoing the show thumbs its that I don't want to break compatability with other views/skins.

- pletopia - 2009-04-29

i don't use other skins so thats not an issue for me .. its the rescraping .. downloading all those jpgs thats the hassel

- Pr.Sinister - 2009-04-29

freezy Wrote:"12x1" would leave no doubt. Am I completely alone on this?

I am with you on that but i know absolutely nothing about the skinning engine so
when i changed the "." to "x", it wrote it 2X11 instead of 2x11 and that annoyed
me even more so i put it back to the dot Sad

I am sure there is some sort of lowercase(x) function but i am waaaayyy too
busy right now to learn the XBMC Skinning Engine.

If anyone knows, it'd be appreciated. And while you are there, how do we format
the episode with 2 digits instead of 1? Meaning 2x01 instead of 2x1...

-Pr.

P.S. I realize this is off-topic but i promise this is my only question Wink

meanstreak Wrote:Hi.

first off - beautiful skin - hats off for that.

Next problem - For every film I have split over 2 CD's for some reason the extrathumbs directory with thumb1 and thumb2 in does not show at all. For all the other films I have prepped the thumbs on not a problem but every single one spanning 2 cd's refuse to show.

My layout is

for working films (thumbs display perfectly)
<film folder>
film.avi
<extrathumbs>
-thumb1.jpg
-thumb2.jpg

for the nonworkers (film is OK plays fine, trailers play fine too)
<film folder>
film CD1.avi
film CD2.avi
<extrathumbs>
-thumb1.jpg
-thumb2.jpg

FYI I am using the latest version of Auriga and the latest Win32 build of XBMC.

It's got me stumped.

Tnx Brent

Are you using the stacking option in XBMC?

djh_ Wrote:That's where it's supposed to go but good luck finding a reliable place to pull the nfo data from, or indeed any other data given that you can't read the paths or filenames from there.

Does anyone know if that feature is in the works for TV Shows?

It's kinda odd that it's there for Movies but not TV Shows

- meanstreak - 2009-04-29

Pr.Sinister Wrote:Are you using the stacking option in XBMC?

yep. The films play fine and span across the 2 files.
I did try with stacking off but same thing.
For every films with multiple avi's I cannot for the life of me get the thumb1 and thumb2 to display.

- freezy - 2009-04-29

Pr.Sinister Wrote:I am with you on that but i know absolutely nothing about the skinning engine so
when i changed the "." to "x", it wrote it 2X11 instead of 2x11 and that annoyed
me even more so i put it back to the dot Sad

I am sure there is some sort of lowercase(x) function but i am waaaayyy too
busy right now to learn the XBMC Skinning Engine.

If anyone knows, it'd be appreciated. And while you are there, how do we format
the episode with 2 digits instead of 1? Meaning 2x01 instead of 2x1...

-Pr.

P.S. I realize this is off-topic but i promise this is my only question Wink
You probably have a uppercase only font. Try using a font with both lowercase and uppercase charsets. They're defined at fonts.xml. About the 0-prefix I'm not sure how to solve that.

- FernFerret - 2009-04-29

meanstreak Wrote:yep. The films play fine and span across the 2 files.
I did try with stacking off but same thing.
For every films with multiple avi's I cannot for the life of me get the thumb1 and thumb2 to display.

I too have this problem. For one of my movies i have it in hd and sd, and the sd one is in 2 parts, it's images do not work while they were copied and pasted from the hd folder counterpart... this is strange...

--FF

- msaspence - 2009-04-29

call me a noob but

how the hell do i use multiplex

i've downloaded the latest version from git and there is no sign of it in any settings!

and pre emptively: i have searched the post and found no clues as to my problem