Kodi Community Forum
New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex (/showthread.php?tid=49559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- Hitcher - 2009-04-30

PainToad Wrote:Sorry, I am not a fan of how this view is shaping up, is there plans to allow other views in TV Shows? Im stuck on a old revision until then.

Just use the 'Unlock all views for TV Shows' option.

- Hitcher - 2009-04-30

djh_ Wrote:Showcase will soon be getting its old sliding info panel back, together with 16:9 icons which will at least make it functional with episodes. That's yer lot.

You're not removing posters altogether are you?

- PainToad - 2009-04-30

djh_ Wrote:You have four at the moment: Multiplex, Showcase, Wall and List (provided you unlock the others in the Settings section)

Thanks!!!! Long as that's there I'm a happy camper Big Grin I'm off to donate.

- djh_ - 2009-04-30

Hitcher Wrote:You're not removing posters altogether are you?

Nah, you choose the ratio. Won't happen for a while - I'm just thinking out loud. I'm thinking Showcase should be a bit more versatile in the long run.

- El Massman - 2009-04-30

djh, wanted to ask you directly if turning wrap off has been disabled from now on? i asked as a general question a couple days ago but no one answered so i figured i'd ask the man himself. the option was no longer there when i downloaded the latest version.

many thanks,

mass

- PainToad - 2009-04-30

Is there away for the giant thumb switch to the selected episode thumb rather than fan art in episode listings?

- PainToad - 2009-04-30

Never mind i found it! yay Smile

- djh_ - 2009-04-30

El Massman Wrote:djh, wanted to ask you directly if turning wrap off has been disabled from now on? i asked as a general question a couple days ago but no one answered so i figured i'd ask the man himself. the option was no longer there when i downloaded the latest version.

Yeah, it has. There was a fleeting discussion about it a few days ago and, because having the two modes side-by-side was a glitchy coding nightmare, the former option was dropped. I'm hoping the single wraplist can be re-engineered at some point to support smaller numbers of items without wrapping. We'll have to see.

- El Massman - 2009-04-30

thanks for taking the time to reply. that must have slipped past me.

- Hitcher - 2009-04-30

djh_ Wrote:Nah, you choose the ratio. Won't happen for a while - I'm just thinking out loud. I'm thinking Showcase should be a bit more versatile in the long run.

I'm afraid I've got to ask but will this by a per level setting?

So you could have -

TV Shows - Posters
Seasons - Posters
Episodes - 16x9

- pletopia - 2009-04-30

djh_ Wrote:Nah, you choose the ratio. Won't happen for a while - I'm just thinking out loud. I'm thinking Showcase should be a bit more versatile in the long run.

i couldn't agree with you more Smile

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-04-30

Hitcher Wrote:I'm afraid I've got to ask but will this by a per level setting?

So you could have -

TV Shows - Posters
Seasons - Posters
Episodes - 16x9

That is the way the "old" showcase worked. Although, that was assuming that at the show and season levels we were all using posters. It is NOT wrong to assume that we will all be using 16x9 (or at least wider than poster sized) images at the episode level. I don't see any reason why we couldn't make it so that even if you set the "use TV posters" in List view, that it would still use 16x9 thumbs for episodes. Seems pretty logical to me.

Personally, I love multiplex for Movies and for episodes, but I am still not sold on it for Series and Season. I am very happy djh has decided to keep the ability to use posters.

Cheers,
Rand

- Wrong1 - 2009-05-04

I'm trying to change the multiplex view for tvshows, putting series and season posters, instead of the "square" style used by the original multiplex tvshow view.
Right now, i finish the first part, and both series and seasons posters, work very well, but the problem is with the episodes thumbs. I want to keep the episodes 16x9 style, with the label with the name of the episode, but things are going wrong. I tried almost everything, but every time the episodes thumbs instead of the 16x9 "square" look, have the same look as the posters.

djh_, can you help me out with this problem?

I will post some screen shots tomorrow.

- PainToad - 2009-05-04

Wrong1 Wrote:djh_,

He's now a ghost. *spooky noise*

- mcborzu - 2009-05-04

PainToad Wrote:Is there away for the giant thumb switch to the selected episode thumb rather than fan art in episode listings?

I'm looking for this also, I check these forum 4-5 times a day I must have missed it...Could anyone point a link to it, thx.