Kodi Community Forum
Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Sumvision Cyclone X4 (/showthread.php?tid=208233)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Olis4 - 2015-10-28

I've just flashed it and it was simple, really simple.

Once I'd noticed the options below compatible ac3 receiver and ticked dts it worked a treat.

Just need to update the remote file for my harmony remote now which seems simple enough.

My only issues so far is it doesn't seem to adjust the refresh rate from 60hz to 24hz. Anyone come across this? Edit, found the setting so it changes the resolution depending on the source being played

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - tanka3 - 2015-11-01

has or will anyone manage to unbrick the cyclone x4 Bluetooth edition?
i`m getting the blue light with no video output.
you`d think the boxes wouldn`t have changed as much seeing its only the Bluetooth sumvision added.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - wrxtasy - 2015-11-01

Out of interest, are these AMLogic S805 Sumvision Cyclone X4's running the AMLogic Frame Rate Automation - Linux Kernel ?

You can test by finding a 23.976fps film clip with lots of video camera panning. Start playback and wait for your TV to refresh rate switch to 24p mode.(Turn all video motion smoothing options off). Start a stopwatch at the same time. Now if there is a video glitch about every 41 seconds you are running an unmodified Kernel.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - TheLegendOfMart - 2015-11-02

So I decided to have another go with one of these since my intel atom box has killed itself and HEVC has matured a little bit.

I've read through the thread and just so I have things clear:

1. Boot TWRP from SD and backup the Android install
2. Install Openelec Update Tar via TWRP
3. Install Original bootloader via TWRP from : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2ve7ves5dq7u7ze/AAAzO_M9RYZJdRAHsNIauTj9a/original%20bootloader?dl=0

This will get me the latest Openelec and if I copy the remote.conf everything will be working?

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - TheLegendOfMart - 2015-11-03

Disappointed to see the vertical tearing problem in the UI is still there....

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - lstar337 - 2015-11-03

I'm disappointed too. I get horizontal and vertical tearing in my UI.

It was confirmed as a bug, but nothing has been done about it in around 8 software releases since I mentioned it.

I think I will just end up ditching this box eventually, hopefully for the Wetek Core when it is released.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - TheLegendOfMart - 2015-11-04

Restored the backup of Android I did and I'm sending it back.

It's a cracking little box and takes everything I throw at it but screen tearing is atrocious.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - lstar337 - 2015-11-04

Hardware wise it is brilliant, but the official software is atrocious, and the third party software is too hit and miss.

It is great that somebody (Kerber) uses their free time to create something usable, but the motivation for bug fixes is minimal.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - TheLegendOfMart - 2015-11-05

It needs a decent build of lollipop so we can use the Android TV launcher and big screen apps.

It wont get it however because the S905/S912 are out in a month or so with lollipop.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - malibog007 - 2015-11-13

Hi Mazgup and tanka3
I have a X4 Bluetooth edition and have been in touch with sumvision support as I had problems with double entries in the settings page.
They have supplied me with the factory firmware which you can get from here http://www.mediafire.com/download/28w9xfd6lsbn3pp/S805+Upgrade.rar
They say that it take you back to the firmware that is installed in the sumvision factory. You need a usb A to usb A cable to do this, A usb burning is included in the download , I then imported the .img file to the usb burning tool, they said to use the usb port on the back of the x4 not the one on the side. After connecting the usb cable to pc and x4 I inserted the power cable into the x4 while pressing the menu button on the x4 remote ( it took me 3 attempts to get this right) the usb burning tool then installed the factory firmware.
I thought this might help try to unbrick your x4 Bluetooth edition's

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Renniks - 2015-11-17

Hi all

Is there anyone here who can help me?
I want to factory reset my Cyclone X4. I have the files on an SD card, I can boot into the reset screen, but the remote won't move the the options I need. You are supposed to use the volume buttons to select the required options.

I'm not sure if my settings are set to "Basic" level, could this by why the remote won't move to the options?

Any help appreciated

Ren

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Ranjbali - 2015-11-17

Hi Renniks,

If you go to the Settings option, click on Advanced tab and it shows a settings layout similar to an Android phone or tablet. Scroll down to backup & reset, there will be an Option to reset back to factory settings.

Hope this helps!

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Ranjbali - 2015-11-17

Hi All,

I've got the Sumvision Android x4 blue-tooth edition - Firmware 1.03 which is the latest as far as i know.

I've got my media player connected to a mybooklive cloud NAS with a ethernet cable. I can connect to the NAS with either SMB or NFS, scrape all the video files with built in scraper. My problem is when watching a movie or tv show using KODI (isengard), I get an "error connection lost" or "connection timeout" after about 20 - 30 mins into the movie or tv show. This happens all the time!??
I then can no longer connect to the NAS and have to shut KODI down and restart it.
When i go back to the video i was watching KODI asks me whether to restart or watch from last position. The video will then play for another 20-30 mins and will stop again. With the same error messages??

The NAS connected to my WDTV live plays the same movies or tv shows fine when connected to the same NAS, so im sure its not the NAS?!?

Any ideas thanks in advance. Sad

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - lstar337 - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-17, 15:53)Renniks Wrote: Hi all

Is there anyone here who can help me?
I want to factory reset my Cyclone X4. I have the files on an SD card, I can boot into the reset screen, but the remote won't move the the options I need. You are supposed to use the volume buttons to select the required options.

I'm not sure if my settings are set to "Basic" level, could this by why the remote won't move to the options?

Any help appreciated

Ren
Use a USB mouse. Smile

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Renniks - 2015-11-17

USB Mouse ?
I did think of that. Will my Mac mouse just plug N play?