Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Martijn - 2012-02-14

Eisi2005 Wrote:@Martijn

thx with 0.1.4 it works with sets

i become only one error message, but the script is ok then.
I think the script has a problem with my movie 995. I don´t know why, because its a normal animation movie.
Is there any chance that the script will work with series ? At now it doesn´t work

Greets
Eisi

Best ask these errors/questions in the script thread.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1017882#post1017882

- Shinu - 2012-02-14

Quote:Make sure you have the latest version of the script and delete the previous one.
Will look into the fallback image.
Quote:@Shinu

check the foldername. This had some uppercase characters and they are now changed to lowercase in the latest version

yeah, had to update to the latest version. thanx. mikebzh44 should update his first post as to not cause confusion though.

- tria - 2012-02-14

Big_Noid Wrote:I think showing one logo looks odd. If there was another item suitable for a logo i could show it.
But I mentioned at least two if you read carefully (1) Publisher, (2) Platform. But there are more than two: Studio, Rating. Possibly we can convience the developer of the addon to provide the source type (e.g. NTSC or US, PAL Europe...etc). The skin should have place holder for such thing. I tried to do it myself with some success, but if it is not officially supported I will lose my adjustment to the skin on the next update (and my adjustment are just hacks and messy). Other skins support it.

Big_Noid Wrote:This is all up to the addon creators. If they have content that would be appropriate for episodes, then they should set the content type to episodes and you can choose the viewtype then. Just look at any trailer addon. All movie views are available because the addon creators set the content type to movies.
Oh, okay, never knew that. Any pointers to how to set them manually myself (I will modify the scripts). A wiki article or a sample line to look for in the source.

Big_Noid Wrote:This is not possible because of the glass overlay.
But cannot the glass overlay be bigger so that you can shrink it down (their will be no loss of details, just change in the glass effect ratio (which is fine). Or maybe remove the glass overlay (but I still find shrinking/stretching down a good idea). The covers of different sources won't have that much weird ratios (mostly square/rectangle with a little bit of changes in aspects). I saw other skins doing it by the way (and even different posters shapes in same view together).
Edit: if not happy about the idea, then how about two (or more) glass overlays that are chosen based on the closest matching ratio.

Big_Noid Wrote:Not possible through gui.
Can I know how to do it manually (i.e. configuration files for the skins?)

Big_Noid Wrote:The current available custom items are a compromise between performance and customization. If you want more you have to mod yourself.
Okay, I see your point. Any chance of knowing how to mod it myself (pointers).

Big_Noid Wrote:This could be possible and I know cirrus extended has this, but I don't want to implement this unless there would be native support for this kind of thing in XBMC core.
Yeah, I agree, no need for slow down if it is not hw/xbmc supported/accelerated.

Thank you for your detailed response.

- BigNoid - 2012-02-14

@tria: there is a mod somewhere in this thread for 10 custom submenuitems. For rarranging main menu look in Home.xml and shuffle the content of list with id="9000".
I don't have any platform logos and don't know if the platform is a fixed value for ALA.

- BigNoid - 2012-02-14

Shinu Wrote:also, the fallback image for tv shows that don't have season fanart isn't showing (eg. specials).

Should be fixed now.

- Shinu - 2012-02-14

Big_Noid Wrote:Should be fixed now.

tried it, but it still doesn't work. Sad

- BigNoid - 2012-02-14

Shinu Wrote:tried it, but it still doesn't work. Sad

Okay, my mistake. Now it really works. (I have tested it this time :p)

- thewarm - 2012-02-14

Quote:Will have a look at that one.

I found a trickier way to fix this... I put a "landscape.jpg" in the show's folder with the name of the show in the picture! Looks great this way.

- Shinu - 2012-02-14

Big_Noid Wrote:Okay, my mistake. Now it really works. (I have tested it this time :p)

lol. yeah, works as should now. thanx.

but as i asked before, is it possible to have the skin look for fanart.jpg files and files with the new naming scheme? i use ember to scrape my tv shows and it doesn't support placing the season fanart in the series root. that would mean i'd have to rename AND move the season fanart for all 575 series i have. not too excited to do that.

i also have some question/concerns:

- when setting the bannerplex navigation to vertical (didn't even realize there was an option for that till today) the scrollbar should be oriented vertically too.

- i'm not sure if this was asked recently, but is it possible to have an option for the fanart layout in the showcase or bannerplex view to display extrafanart in the window?

- are u able to get watched and unwatched info from the new video smartplaylist script?

- is it also possible to have an option for the Shift view to display extra info like this view in Fusion?...

TV Show - Next Aired question - thewarm - 2012-02-15

Could you please tell me where the images used for the top right window in your "Schedule" are stored? I've updated every TV Show folder with a landscape.jpg that has the title of the show, but some of the images do not update!
I tried removing cancelled.db and next_aired.db to force a refresh... but I still have old images...I knew where to find them in Dharma...

Any tips please?
Thank you

- win88ice2004 - 2012-02-15

Hey everyone, newbie to XBMC, but just love it especially Aeon Nox! Question, I see the github website. Am I supposed to update using the files on there, or will it auto update like some add ons do inside xbmc. I have Eden beta 3 and Aeon Nox 2.0.0. Thanks for the help in advance!

- blondin000 - 2012-02-15

Hello, would be it possible to add an option to use the menu movie with a playlist. It would allow to post(show) uniquemment movie in the widget and so there to creer the other one for cartoons Thank you.

- Martijn - 2012-02-15

win88ice2004 Wrote:Hey everyone, newbie to XBMC, but just love it especially Aeon Nox! Question, I see the github website. Am I supposed to update using the files on there, or will it auto update like some add ons do inside xbmc. I have Eden beta 3 and Aeon Nox 2.0.0. Thanks for the help in advance!

It will auto update. However if you want you can download the .zip from github and install using .zip to get the latest features (remember to rename the folder inside the zip to "skin.aeon.nox")

blondin000 Wrote:Hello, would be it possible to add an option to use the menu movie with a playlist. It would allow to post(show) uniquemment movie in the widget and so there to creer the other one for cartoons Thank you.

Already possible

- booker88 - 2012-02-15

Greets,

Would there be a chance that maybe the first post in this thread could be updated with a list of the naming conventions for things like banner.jpg, poster.jpg, thumbxx.jpg, etc. ?

Also the naming convention for thumb directories for movies & series.

Thanks in advance for any and all info.

- Martijn - 2012-02-15

booker88 Wrote:Greets,

Would there be a chance that maybe the first post in this thread could be updated with a list of the naming conventions for things like banner.jpg, poster.jpg, thumbxx.jpg, etc. ?

Also the naming convention for thumb directories for movies & series.

Thanks in advance for any and all info.

These are (un)official naming conventions used by all skins. So no need to post them in every skin thread.
Here are the ones now used:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Artwork_Downloader#Filenaming_conventions