Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- kealan - 2011-03-02

Hi Big_Noid, I was having a play around with possibilities of refining the home menu bar but keeping your stamp on it and keeping your fonts. I wanted to make cleaner and sharper and tie it in more with your other menus - the back bar now resembles more closely the background panel in the lowlist view in terms of its cleanness and transparency. What you think?

Sorry i have no idea how to upload an image in this forum it wouldn't work for me. Anyway here is the link:
http://flic.kr/p/9njgQy

- boulala - 2011-03-02

kealan Wrote:Hi Big_Noid, I was having a play around with possibilities of refining the home menu bar but keeping your stamp on it and keeping your fonts. I wanted to make cleaner and sharper and tie it in more with your other menus - the back bar now resembles more closely the background panel in the lowlist view in terms of its cleanness and transparency. What you think?

Sorry i have no idea how to upload an image in this forum it wouldn't work for me. Anyway here is the link:
http://flic.kr/p/9njgQy

Looks nice and clean. Would be a great addition to an already great skin.
question for Big_Noid: is it possible to define the width of the menu items so i don't have the scrolling text? For example i added the Grooveshark plugin to the main menu but the name is to long to properly fit in the menu and it looks kind of weird.

- seveneleven - 2011-03-02

Apoogies if this has been addressed before, but I cant seem to find an answer. How do I change the backgrounds for each menu?

Thanks for any tips

- kees667 - 2011-03-02

Settings- skin
seveneleven Wrote:Apoogies if this has been addressed before, but I cant seem to find an answer. How do I change the backgrounds for each menu?

Thanks for any tips

- Victim - 2011-03-02

Hello Noid. There's a mod that I'd like to make to the Video Info screen and need a bit of help. I'd like to have the "Play, Cast, Refresh, Get thumb, Get Fanart and Trailer" buttons scroll, much like it does in the MQ2 skin, whenever the "Trailer" button is present. So, instead of having the 6 buttons one after the other with the trailer button to the far right, I'd like it show just 5 buttons, scrolling left to right while keeping focus in the middle whenever the extra trailer button is present. I know it sounds like a bit much and I hope you understand what I'm asking. Can this even be done? Thanks in advance for your time.

- BigNoid - 2011-03-02

Shinu Wrote:NEVER CHANGE THE DEFAULT FONTS NOID!!!! that's one of the things i love most about the skin. and i think it time u update the screenshots on your first post, so that ppl will see off the bat what new feature are in the skin.
I won't change the font Big Grin
dascmo Wrote:Looks good....I changed the size to 65 and the aspect ratio to .7 and feel it's closer to the original aeon font. Alignment seems to be a little lower however. Great work once again!!

Stable Release.....This is already more usable and stable than most aeon mods out there. This should be a 1.5 release! Smile

.....since 1.0 is almost here what are your plans for 2.0? (not sure it's even necessary)
If I release a 1.0 version I'm going to open a branch for the Eden release of XBMC, lot's of changes coming for skinners.
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:I misspoke in regards to my last post, is it possible to increase or decrease the size of the library update window? I have a 42' in the living room and 27' in the bedroom and I cannot see the details of the update window. Thanks for all your hard work on this skin It's quite possibly my all-time favorite.
I think I will make an option for it.
Shinu Wrote:i've noticed that a number of videos use the "vorbis" audio codec but the skin doesn't carry a flag for it. it just shows blank. thought i'd share the png file i made. u can add it to the skin if u'd like Noid. Smile

[/url]
Thx, I will include it.
Babal Wrote:Amazing!

But I've got 2 questions:
+Where can I "Paypal" you for your work?
+When will it be available in standard download, I don't know how to get the SVN version on my Mac.

Thanks Big Noid, the skin is perfect this way
Big Grin
Probably friday I will make a new release for repo. I want to test the case view some more on different machines.
tocinillo Wrote:Its possible do not show info panel in my music library? Info panel's button seem doesnt work correctly...
fixed that just now.
Dannydeman Wrote:The skin is really shaping up nice :o If I can make one suggestion -which isn't a big request- it's about the transparency of the infopanel in the Showcase view. What about a little opacity like MQ2?
I made an option for it, I intended this from start actually, but completely forgot about it.
Revenge Wrote:Hey,
In Bannerplex view, its possible when we are scrolling the Banners, to show the information of how many episodes are left to see?
Yep, added the extra info/genre option to bannerplex.
boulala Wrote:Looks nice and clean. Would be a great addition to an already great skin.
question for Big_Noid: is it possible to define the width of the menu items so i don't have the scrolling text? For example i added the Grooveshark plugin to the main menu but the name is to long to properly fit in the menu and it looks kind of weird.
I personally prefer to have 5 items on screen, but if you want you can mod it yourself in the Home.xml. You'd have to adjust the width of the label and of itemlayout and focusedlayout of list with id="9000" You'd have to play a bit with the position of the list to to get the focused label nicely centered, so I can't put up detailed instructions.

danofun Wrote:This thread has been an absolute joy to watch! Big_Noid, I can't even tell you how impressed I am with the speed and precision with which you have constantly improved NOX.

For those wanting the classic home menu, Big_Noid's addition of a toggle in the skin settings makes my earlier MOD even easier to implement. Simply add the file aeon_setting.ttf to the fonts folder, then change 720p/Fonts.xml lines #49-54 from
Code:
<font>
      <name>Font_MainClassic</name>
      <filename>Ubuntu-B.ttf</filename>
      <size>60</size>
      <aspect>0.8</aspect>
    </font>
to
Code:
<font>
      <name>Font_MainClassic</name>
      <filename>aeon_settings.ttf</filename>
      <size>79</size>
    </font>
Thx for updating the instructions, I know this font looks good in combination with the texture, but I don't want the font to be distributed with the skin.

tocinillo Wrote:Amazing skin!!! great jop Big_Noid!

Edit: This is my modified Home.xml with weather/time in top of the screen:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0RXAYIJW

Just rename to Home.xml and put in 720p folder.

Based on danofun files!

And one screenshot:

Regards!
I might make this optional along with the library stats. You might want to add a flipy="true" so the texture flips vertically Wink

- BigNoid - 2011-03-02

Victim Wrote:Hello Noid. There's a mod that I'd like to make to the Video Info screen and need a bit of help. I'd like to have the "Play, Cast, Refresh, Get thumb, Get Fanart and Trailer" buttons scroll, much like it does in the MQ2 skin, whenever the "Trailer" button is present. So, instead of having the 6 buttons one after the other with the trailer button to the far right, I'd like it show just 5 buttons, scrolling left to right while keeping focus in the middle whenever the extra trailer button is present. I know it sounds like a bit much and I hope you understand what I'm asking. Can this even be done? Thanks in advance for your time.

It can be done, but you'd have to make a wraplist out of the grouplist (id="9000") with the buttons that are now present as content items. But I don't know if it will work as these buttons have specific id's to function. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=List_of_Built_In_Controls#DialogVideoInfo.xml

- Vinther - 2011-03-02

Hey Thanks for your amazing skin. Is there a way to get more favorite shortcuts than 3? Like 5-10? And is there a view to lower the main window navigation bar?

- kealan - 2011-03-02

Hi Big_Noid

I just sent you a PM with the file for the glass menu bar Big Grin

- dascmo - 2011-03-02

Vinther Wrote:Hey Thanks for your amazing skin. Is there a way to get more favorite shortcuts than 3? Like 5-10? And is there a view to lower the main window navigation bar?

To lower the main menu:

System --> Skin --> Home window options --> Select both "Lock main menu" and "Lower Main Menu While Locked"

Feature Request - dascmo - 2011-03-02

@Big_Noid

When at show level with banner wall enabled hitting "i" will bring up the info about the show with a picture of the banner. Would it be possible to have it pull poster.jpg while using this view. I feel it would make the overall appearance cleaner.

- BigNoid - 2011-03-02

dascmo Wrote:@Big_Noid

When at show level with banner wall enabled hitting "i" will bring up the info about the show with a picture of the banner. Would it be possible to have it pull poster.jpg while using this view. I feel it would make the overall appearance cleaner.

That's a good idea, I only had the banner there because there was no way of pulling a poster format when banners were enabled.

- nistuf - 2011-03-03

Hi Big_Noid, first off great work on this skin! I am really enjoying it Smile
I have a couple of moviesets, e.g. Lotr. When I go into the movieset, using the coverflow view, I get a repetition of the movies, so every movie is shown twice to fill up the bottom coverflow bar. I know that Hitcher 'fixed' this in Alaska Revisited, where he has added this view too. This means that you only see three posters. I hope this is an easy fix and will contribute to making this skin even better than it already is.

- Mindzai - 2011-03-03

nistuf Wrote:Hi Big_Noid, first off great work on this skin! I am really enjoying it Smile
I have a couple of moviesets, e.g. Lotr. When I go into the movieset, using the coverflow view, I get a repetition of the movies, so every movie is shown twice to fill up the bottom coverflow bar. I know that Hitcher 'fixed' this in Alaska Revisited, where he has added this view too. This means that you only see three posters. I hope this is an easy fix and will contribute to making this skin even better than it already is.

I just headed to this thread to say the same thing! An option for fixed list in showcase/dvd views would be brilliant.

Great work on this skin, I'm amazed how fast it is.

I also noticed a bug (using the svn version, checked out today) - on the video playback OSD if I move to the far left button the menu glitches and cant be exited.

Is it possible to use also season fanart when you highlight the season rather than just when you go to the episode level?

- squidy - 2011-03-03

@Big_Noid

great skin using your SVN right now Smile
maybe of some use all free for non commercial use can sent you edit 720p's if your short on time

http://www.psdgraphics.com/icons/blu-ray-disc-icon/
http://www.psdgraphics.com/backgrounds/bright-apple-logo-wallpaper/ (amt.jpg?)