Kodi Community Forum
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences (/showthread.php?tid=170791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - mellinsa - 2015-04-22

I honestly don't think you'll get anything smoother than running a linux build on this box.
Android itself is slowing down the device, added to this that it's an old version (4.2)

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - mellinsa - 2015-04-22

(2015-04-22, 17:57)xbmcdoc Wrote: My Cinema did work but the resolution is very bad, like a 3MB camera. Looks like it only really work with Android compatible cameras.

yup,i agreed on this. It looks terrible on low end cameras

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - xbmcdoc - 2015-05-01

(2015-04-22, 21:42)mellinsa Wrote: I honestly don't think you'll get anything smoother than running a linux build on this box.
Android itself is slowing down the device, added to this that it's an old version (4.2)

Linux is a great option but some users remain on android for IPTV apps such VST (chinese programming). I once setup a box for my friend's mom and she didn't have a problem with the speed. Mostly because she uses a computer at a much slower speed than the younger generation Smile

The best part is the user has the choice of flashing which ever version works best for them.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - DrJ - 2015-05-08

I have been having some problems with this TV box, I thought it was caused by the not so powerful dual core it has, but now I have tried with a MK808B Plus taht is quad core, and the same thing happens, so I don´t really know the reason.

In some scenes of the movies, specially 3D, but also HD and even SD, the framerate seems to be a little slow, just some seconds, it is almost inapreciable, but it is there. The same movie, played by the TV from the same NAS, plays perfectly smooth... Could it be some kind or problem with the refresh rate of the TV and the android?, Do you think it could be solved any way?...

Best regards and thank you very much in advance.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - xbmcdoc - 2015-05-08

(2015-05-08, 08:55)DrJ Wrote: I have been having some problems with this TV box, I thought it was caused by the not so powerful dual core it has, but now I have tried with a MK808B Plus taht is quad core, and the same thing happens, so I don´t really know the reason.

In some scenes of the movies, specially 3D, but also HD and even SD, the framerate seems to be a little slow, just some seconds, it is almost inapreciable, but it is there. The same movie, played by the TV from the same NAS, plays perfectly smooth... Could it be some kind or problem with the refresh rate of the TV and the android?, Do you think it could be solved any way?...

Two things come to mind. 1. network limitation and/or 2. Frame rate mismatches.

1. If your using WiFi you get a maximum bandwidth of 16Mb/s. If the movie codec larger it will drop frames. Try the Ethernet which is about 30MB/s. Even with Ethernet, if your file is blu-ray BD50 it will not play smoothly. That requires a gigabit line. Alternately, USB self-powered HDD will play BD50.

2.The android system is set mostly to 1080p@60hz while movies are usually 1080p@24hz.. If your using Kodi 14+, use the program Frequency Changer to set the device to 24Hz. I use a hotkey "M". So before I play a movie I hit "M" on my keyboard and then play the movie.

While playback hit "O" on a keyboard, Check for Skipped frames. If you skipping a lot of frames something is not working correctly.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - DrJ - 2015-05-12

First of all thank you very much for your answer. About network limitations, I don´t think this is the case, because the same movie played through the same PLC device in my TV plays perfectly smooth. I think the second option is more logical.

The android device is setup at 1080p 60 HZ, as you say... but unfortunatly I am using XBMC 13.2, isn´t there a way to setup the hz in this version?. I am almost sure that it has to be something about the refresh.....

Where can I get this frequency changer?....Can I change this setting in any settings file or something?...

Best regards.

(2015-05-08, 18:13)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-05-08, 08:55)DrJ Wrote: I have been having some problems with this TV box, I thought it was caused by the not so powerful dual core it has, but now I have tried with a MK808B Plus taht is quad core, and the same thing happens, so I don´t really know the reason.

Two things come to mind. 1. network limitation and/or 2. Frame rate mismatches.

1. If your using WiFi you get a maximum bandwidth of 16Mb/s. If the movie codec larger it will drop frames. Try the Ethernet which is about 30MB/s. Even with Ethernet, if your file is blu-ray BD50 it will not play smoothly. That requires a gigabit line. Alternately, USB self-powered HDD will play BD50.

2.The android system is set mostly to 1080p@60hz while movies are usually 1080p@24hz.. If your using Kodi 14+, use the program Frequency Changer to set the device to 24Hz. I use a hotkey "M". So before I play a movie I hit "M" on my keyboard and then play the movie.

While playback hit "O" on a keyboard, Check for Skipped frames. If you skipping a lot of frames something is not working correctly.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - lawin1 - 2015-05-12

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/20110-xbmc-frequencyswitcher-addon-for-amlogic-s802
Carefully read requirements. This solution work on any Amlogic s802 device with some newer firmwares which support 24 Hz and XBMC 13.0-13.2. Maybe it will work on your device too.
Your Android device should support 24, 50, 60 Hz and HDMI auto-detection should be turned on somewhere in Android (not XBMC) video settings menu.

(2015-05-12, 07:21)DrJ Wrote: The android device is setup at 1080p 60 HZ, as you say... but unfortunatly I am using XBMC 13.2, isn´t there a way to setup the hz in this version?. I am almost sure that it has to be something about the refresh.....

Where can I get this frequency changer?....

Best regards.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - xbmcdoc - 2015-05-13

(2015-05-12, 07:59)lawin1 Wrote: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/20110-xbmc-frequencyswitcher-addon-for-amlogic-s802
Carefully read requirements. This solution work on any Amlogic s802 device with some newer firmwares which support 24 Hz and XBMC 13.0-13.2. Maybe it will work on your device too.
Your Android device should support 24, 50, 60 Hz and HDMI auto-detection should be turned on somewhere in Android (not XBMC) video settings menu.

(2015-05-12, 07:21)DrJ Wrote: The android device is setup at 1080p 60 HZ, as you say... but unfortunatly I am using XBMC 13.2, isn´t there a way to setup the hz in this version?. I am almost sure that it has to be something about the refresh.....

Best regards.

Forgot about the firmware changes. The switcher is an android 4.4 thing. If your on a dual core your probably on 4.2.

@DrJ: Try going in to Settings, Display and change to 1080p24hz. The GUI will feel slower due to the lower refresh rate. See if that helps.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - DrJ - 2015-05-14

Yes, I am in 4.2, so I don´t try the link, right?.

I have tried to go to settings, but I don´t have the option with 24hz, in 1080p I only have 60 and 50. I have changed it to 50 and it seems that the playback is a little bit smoother, I have also changed some settings in XBMC....

But to be sure, the best thing should be to be able to change to 24hz, any other app or way to do it in my device?....

Best regards.

(2015-05-13, 00:59)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-05-12, 07:59)lawin1 Wrote: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/20110-xbmc-frequencyswitcher-addon-for-amlogic-s802

Best regards.

Forgot about the firmware changes. The switcher is an android 4.4 thing. If your on a dual core your probably on 4.2.

@DrJ: Try going in to Settings, Display and change to 1080p24hz. The GUI will feel slower due to the lower refresh rate. See if that helps.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - xbmcdoc - 2015-05-14

(2015-05-14, 07:36)DrJ Wrote: Yes, I am in 4.2, so I don´t try the link, right?.

I have tried to go to settings, but I don´t have the option with 24hz, in 1080p I only have 60 and 50. I have changed it to 50 and it seems that the playback is a little bit smoother, I have also changed some settings in XBMC....

But to be sure, the best thing should be to be able to change to 24hz, any other app or way to do it in my device?....

Best regards.

(2015-05-13, 00:59)xbmcdoc Wrote:

Might want to check if your TV supports 24Hz. Not all of them do. As far as I know there is no app to change it. If you only use XMBC you might have to try Linux.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - DrJ - 2015-05-18

I am afraid that the 50 HZ option did not solve the whole thing. Playing SD movies still has some slowdowns in some scenes....

Please don´t tell me that I have biught this devices almost only to see movies, and I am not going to be able to use it for it?.....

Best regards.

(2015-05-14, 18:52)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 07:36)DrJ Wrote: Yes, I am in 4.2, so I don´t try the link, right?.

Best regards.

(2015-05-13, 00:59)xbmcdoc Wrote: Forgot about the firmware changes. The switcher is an android 4.4 thing. If your on a dual core your probably on 4.2.

Might want to check if your TV supports 24Hz. Not all of them do. As far as I know there is no app to change it. If you only use XMBC you might have to try Linux.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - xbmcdoc - 2015-05-18

(2015-05-18, 08:32)DrJ Wrote: I am afraid that the 50 HZ option did not solve the whole thing. Playing SD movies still has some slowdowns in some scenes....

Please don´t tell me that I have biught this devices almost only to see movies, and I am not going to be able to use it for it?.....

Can you copy the same movie to USB hard drive and see if it plays locally? You can try a USB thumb drive too but the HDD is the fastest.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - DrJ - 2015-05-19

I have tried before and it does the same thing, I don´t think it has anything to do with network speed or things like that, it seems to be related with frame refresh rate, as I have read in other webs.....

Best regards.

(2015-05-18, 09:58)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 08:32)DrJ Wrote: I am afraid that the 50 HZ option did not solve the whole thing. Playing SD movies still has some slowdowns in some scenes....

Can you copy the same movie to USB hard drive and see if it plays locally? You can try a USB thumb drive too but the HDD is the fastest.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - xbmcdoc - 2015-05-19

(2015-05-19, 12:30)DrJ Wrote: I have tried before and it does the same thing, I don´t think it has anything to do with network speed or things like that, it seems to be related with frame refresh rate, as I have read in other webs.....

Best regards.

(2015-05-18, 09:58)xbmcdoc Wrote:

Sounds like android doesn't like playing that file.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - DrJ - 2015-05-20

It is not just one file, is most of them....

Best regards.

(2015-05-19, 18:11)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-05-19, 12:30)DrJ Wrote: I have tried before and it does the same thing, I don´t think it has anything to do with network speed or things like that, it seems to be related with frame refresh rate, as I have read in other webs.....

Best regards.

(2015-05-18, 09:58)xbmcdoc Wrote: Can you copy the same movie to USB hard drive and see if it plays locally? You can try a USB thumb drive too but the HDD is the fastest.

Sounds like android doesn't like playing that file.