Kodi Community Forum
Release Eminence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Release Eminence (/showthread.php?tid=187071)

RE: Eminence - da-anda - 2014-04-26

@Rantanplan-1 - you can tick "show info" option for the Lovefilm view which will give your more info on that view. You can tick that view option for quite some other views as well.

Re: Eminence - suku_patel_22 - 2014-04-26

I am running XBMC Gotham ob Raspberry Pi.
The skin and the animations look brilliant and is quite smooth on the Pi.

There are a few issues where lot of labels are missing. Especially in skin settings and xml file names are displayed on the top right.

Will keep an eye on this for later.

RE: Eminence - fr500 - 2014-04-27

I found a bug, I was running trakt script (or any script that displays a dialog) and my auto update was triggered at the same time resulting in this:

Maybe the dialog progress should be shorter so it doesn't interfere with notifications?

Also for some reason the background in File Manager and other custom tiles is horrible (low resolution), seems to be the same backgroud that pops in everytime for a second while waiting for home screen widgets to populate

RE: Eminence - shorty12 - 2014-04-29

Hi,

first of all I want to say that the skin looks fantastic. I have one problem though. When I change the tv show widget to in progress shows it doesn't show up anymore. This isn't the case for movies. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? And secondly, is landscape.jpg support planned for the future? If this has already been answered I apologize but I couldn't find anything in the thread regarding this.

RE: Eminence - fabiomello - 2014-04-30

(2014-04-27, 18:53)fr500 Wrote: I found a bug, I was running trakt script (or any script that displays a dialog) and my auto update was triggered at the same time resulting in this:
the changes in the latest commits seems to have broken a few things with hubs and such. for now, i would recommend that you use this build from 13 days ago, before the new viewtipes and watched indicator changes.

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.eminence/tree/ab53e0059d819c9bfc860bc890e39f940d59dcd0

edit: never actually seen the image posted on my xbmc, but: the skin actually uses the global background set on "skin settings > background widgets> global background" as a fallback before the widget loads. so, to remove or change the image, just clean or change the path set up there.

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-04-30

@EVERYONE - Apologies for my absence. I'm extremely busy with uni at the moment and will be for the next 4 to 5 weeks so won't have much time for skinning until after then. I will still check in here, just my updates and responses might be a bit sporadic.

(2014-04-20, 19:05)pyrodex Wrote: @jurialmunkey do you plan to do a hub for the Live TV to drop you into the choices like exists but instead of dropping into channels? This would be nice to have a selectable option like TV/Movies. Also would it be possible to split TV/Movies hub choices? I prefer to disable it for TV but not movies but changing the option does it for both hubs.
Yes on all accounts.

(2014-04-20, 23:38)brownjl99 Wrote: One minor request - would it be possible to add to the LiveTV EPG view some way of setting/switching the channel groups similar to how you can the channel page?
This has been requested previously and unfortunately its not possible with current xbmc limitations.

(2014-04-21, 04:17)redhalo Wrote: @jurialmunkey, previously I had a custom home tile pointing towards "ActivateWindow(Videos,MusicVideos)" and now it pulls up an empty hub of sorts. Has there been changes that would affect less commonly used menus? Any chance for a more fleshed out music video hub to be added in the future?

Also, while moving from one tile with an image background to another with a widget background then widget one will list the image's file name until it refreshes.
I will look into it when I get a chance. I think a music video hub could be a really good idea.

Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about the background issue, it is a limitation of the new ways of filling list content. There is a PR for a window property that checks whether the list has loaded (which would allow me to display a loading indicator until it has loaded), but unfortunately it won't be making it in for Gotham so will have to wait for 14.0

(2014-04-21, 09:24)iAMl3dgend Wrote: @jurialmunkey when i enable start the tv guide week based on today instead of monday (tv show next aired) the skin goes part confluence can you make Eminence fully compatible with tv show next aired ?
Yep I know about this, just haven't had the time. You will have to use the old style in the meantime.

(2014-04-21, 21:22)fabiomello Wrote: there's an incredibly disruptive bug on the later builds:
if you use playlists for tv shows, when you click on the show to access the episode, it shows and empty hub, instead of the episodes view.
this also happens on other parts of the skin, randomly. an empty hub that doesn't go away.
This should be fixed now (at least for playlists). Let me know if it happens else where.

(2014-04-22, 15:35)drago Wrote: One thing I think should be changed is that the pictures when selecting art to movies and tvshows are so small that you cant see what it is. Should be another view for that I think.
Eventually there will be.

(2014-04-23, 04:05)GoogleRocks! Wrote: @bertbeukema

If memory serves correct, I believe by default only the first widget on Home Screen/Down Arrow is pre-configured. All 4 of those bottom widgets can be configured/customized by going to Settings->Skin->Background Widgets->Customize Widget 1, 2, 3, 4. Once they have been configured, Down Arrow tabs to each widget and Left/Right Arrow scrolls through the content of each widget.
They should have content defined by default -- recent movies, recent episodes, in progress shows, and youtube trailers. But you can of course change them to whatever you want in the settings. I have a feeling that bertbeukema is not using the my github version but is using a modified version that I know is floating around out there.....

(2014-04-25, 17:35)psike Wrote: Small bug:
Add-on menu: Icons for Auto update and notifications are off screen.
Should be fixed now. Good spotting.

(2014-04-25, 20:20)hoopsdavis Wrote: One thing I've notice I'm unable to access "Settings > PVR Service > Channel Manager > (Group Management) When I get to "Group Management" I'm unable to access this menu.
Yep its not skinned yet. This is the part of skinning xbmc that is really annoying - there are a million different dialogs that need to be skinned rather than being able to define a few basic dialog templates that can be used across the board.

(2014-04-26, 05:36)fabiomello Wrote: found another bug on the latest build:
- when coming back from a list after the end of a video. the list view icons go into their old (bigger) version, until you scroll.
small request:
- i really love that feature that makes the skin changes color according to the time of the day. never seen it on a skin before, kudos for the innovation.
could you add a way to choose a particular color and keep it through the skin, regardless of time?. i personally like the one the appears at 1AM (blue-ish).
I'm not sure what you mean about the list? I might need some screen shots / more details.

The skin colour change uses the png files in skin.eminence/extras/sunset/
Basically the filename corresponds to the 24 hour time 01.png is for 1 am -- 16.png is for 4 pm etc.
So you can just change the files to whatever you want.

(2014-04-27, 18:53)fr500 Wrote: I found a bug, I was running trakt script (or any script that displays a dialog) and my auto update was triggered at the same time resulting in this:

Maybe the dialog progress should be shorter so it doesn't interfere with notifications?

Also for some reason the background in File Manager and other custom tiles is horrible (low resolution), seems to be the same backgroud that pops in everytime for a second while waiting for home screen widgets to populate
Dialog should be fixed now (well I prevented it from showing when the progress dialog is).

The background image issue basically happens because there is nothing to show for the background so the image loader is trying to fade to the next image but it doesn't exist and gets stuck. You most likely have tried to set something strange for these tiles as the background widget.

(2014-04-29, 11:23)shorty12 Wrote: first of all I want to say that the skin looks fantastic. I have one problem though. When I change the tv show widget to in progress shows it doesn't show up anymore. This isn't the case for movies. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? And secondly, is landscape.jpg support planned for the future? If this has already been answered I apologize but I couldn't find anything in the thread regarding this.
Do you have service.library.data.provider installed? It is also possible you just don't have any inprogress shows to show.
Yes to landscape art support.

RE: Eminence - ixian - 2014-04-30

Great skin!

I checked the thread but I can't seem to find a way to add custom program shortcuts to the menu.

I'm running this on the Fire TV (works great on it) and I want to add menu shortcuts to some android apps like Netflix. I went in to programs and marked them as favorites but no go - the "custom favorites" option in the skin settings dialog doesn't open anything. Am I missing something? I've read at least one post here that mentions adding a custom shortcut.

RE: Eminence - speeko - 2014-04-30

Skin is great, but crashes when launching the SpotiMC addon. The log says something about the window not being able to get focus.
Addon works fine in Arctic with Gotham.

Any ideas?

RE: Eminence - da-anda - 2014-04-30

@ixian - have you installed script.favourites ?

@jurialmunkey
thanks for the headsup. It's actually good to see that you can keep focus on the uni. Take your time and all the best for your exams(?)

RE: Eminence - deletedpenguin - 2014-04-30

I may be missing something, but it would appear that I don't have the ability to set a season recording in the EPG. When selecting "Add Timer", it only gives me the option to record the single episode. Shouldn't there be an option to choose?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also it would appear that I can't delete recorded TV.

RE: Eminence - da-anda - 2014-04-30

if these options are there in Confluence, then they are missing. You usually can delete recordings via context menu

RE: Eminence - deletedpenguin - 2014-04-30

Series recording options have definitely disappeared, though I've made a number of changes recently and may need to retrace my steps, hence me probably missing something along the way.

As for deleting a recorded show, user error - I was trying to delete a folder. I switched to a newer version of WMC and it's organizing my recordings into folders.

RE: Eminence - suku_patel_22 - 2014-04-30

How do I install service library data provider

RE: Eminence - hoopsdavis - 2014-04-30

(2014-04-30, 16:48)suku_patel_22 Wrote: How do I install service library data provider

https://github.com/BigNoid/service.library.data.provider

Download and "install from zip f"ile" under "settings" > "addons" menu

Re: RE: Eminence - suku_patel_22 - 2014-04-30

(2014-04-30, 17:07)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 16:48)suku_patel_22 Wrote: How do I install service library data provider

https://github.com/BigNoid/service.library.data.provider

Download and "install from zip f"ile" under "settings" > "addons" menu

Sorry cant find any download link there..