Kodi Community Forum
LA7-LA7d (italian television) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: LA7-LA7d (italian television) (/showthread.php?tid=331064)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: LA7-LA7d (italian television) - Cicciob - 2021-04-28

(2021-04-28, 09:26)testato Wrote: imho it's not an issue. It is a "features" of DRM contenct protection system.
You can have confirm of this by made a screenshot of the LA7 programs on you phone

If you made a screenshot of TGLa7 you will receive a normal screenshot (video not protected)
If you made a screenshot of Drop Dead Diva you will receive a black screenshot (video protected)

Hello,

Please find below the reply from the App developers.

"If it is a DRM problem, then the problem is not from the app but from the video streaming site/server. DRM means that even if the video worked and was detected, it wouldn't be able to cast as the DRM is designed to prevent that type of operation."

I am a little lost here,

before here it was said that the casting app doesn't support the encryption, now I am understanding that the encryption is there in order not to be casted?!

If so, I believe it is a very serious limit, could you please elaborate further?

Is there any hope for the la7 app to be supported in Tizen?

The la7app on Android itself doesn't have built in the Cast To function.... even every unofficial app has it...

Thanks.

RE: LA7-LA7d (italian television) - testato - 2021-05-02

is the same for Sky, Netflix, etc.
Screencast is not possible because the DRM protection.
You are luky if the integrated android video share work, probably in the future will be also blocked

RE: LA7-LA7d (italian television) - testato - 2021-05-02

released the Ver 6.0.0 of LA7 plugin.

It is a reworked version but with the same functionalities.
this version is much faster and has a new management of the variables which also makes execution safer and easier to maintain the code
Thanks to @CastagnaIT for the tips and the support

from this version on we keep only the version for Kodi19
https://github.com/luivit/plugin.video.rivedila7/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

RE: LA7-LA7d (italian television) - Cicciob - 2021-05-02

(2021-05-02, 17:54)testato Wrote: is the same for Sky, Netflix, etc.
Screencast is not possible because the DRM protection.
You are luky if the integrated android video share work, probably in the future will be also blocked

Hi,

1) you told me to check with the developers while you knew it wasn't possible to cast to?

2) Netflix and other pay-to-have services plus Mediaset and Rai can be cast to!! La7 is free..they just don't develop the cast to button, I still don't understand why. Sincerely it is like the middle Ages, why?

3) what is that you are referring to as the "the integrated android video share work"?

Regards

RE: LA7-LA7d (italian television) - testato - 2021-05-03

1) i still search only the answer, i'm not sure

2) sky for example not, so this means that the provider can decide how use DRM

3) i mean the share button in the android option, the one that you can use by Google Home, if I understand your old answer it work

I do not know why LA7 decided to use a DRM system also if it is free, but are you tried to do a screenshot on you phone ? on my S9+ it is blank, so i think that LA7 decided to use very restrictive DRM policy

RE: LA7-LA7d (italian television) - Dr.Karl - 2022-10-30

A few days ago the plugin stoped working, I tried to reinstall but it didn't work. Does anybody know what happened? Where can I find the logs to give more info?
Thanks!

RE: LA7-LA7d (italian television) - g.maverick - 2022-10-31

The developer has related a new version that fixes the issue but the official Kodi repository is still pointing to an older version.

RE: LA7-LA7d (italian television) - derkling - 2022-11-20

The Kodi add-ons repo is still pointing to the old version (6.0.1).

What needs to be done to get the repo pointing to the new plugin?

Can I help somehow?

Best,
Patrick

RE: LA7-LA7d (italian television) - derkling - 2022-11-20

Ok, figured out there is this Pull Request:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ojixetazaq.kodi
to update the Kodi repo for pulling in the new version.

The PR is currently stuck waiting for the author to remove a `.gitignore` file checking into the commit.

Will follow up with PR owner / plugin developer to possibly update the PR.

RE: LA7-LA7d (italian television) - testato - 2022-11-20

hi to all,

I released a new version on our official Github repo, you can download from it the .zip and install it manually.
I also posted a PR to the official Kodi Repo but it require to delete the .gitignore file. I asked why we need to do this. Waiting for an answer from the reviewer.

So if you need immediately the PLugin install manually the .zip, instead if you want you can wait for the automatic update when the new version will be accepted in Kodi repo

RE: LA7-LA7d (italian television) - Klaassie - 2022-12-13

Hi Testato,

Do you have any idea when the new version will be accepted by and available in the Kodi repo?
Thanks, its a very nice Add-on

RE: LA7-LA7d (italian television) - testato - 2023-02-19

Now it's updated also on Kodi repo

RE: LA7-LA7d (italian television) - bitbanger - 2023-07-30

Hello,
recently I upgraded from Kodi 19 to 20 (as finally OSMC published an upgrade to Kodi 20).
Since then, from time to time when I launch "LA7 Live", the video part starts but without audio.
Generally, if I stop and restart the "la 7live" session, or if I go to the 'mute' stream audio settings and e.g. I enable and disable the audio passthrough (which I guess forces the stream to restart entirely), it is enough to get a fully working stream.

I didn't change any settings regarding the general Kodi audio configuration since before the upgrade.
Add-on version is 6.2.0.

RE: LA7-LA7d (italian television) - mace850 - 2023-12-03

hi guys,
the kodi add-on la7-la7d is really great.
Unfortunately it is no longer working on Qnap system TS-253b after upgrading firmware to QTS version 5.1.4.2596.
I'm running Kody Nexus 20.2.
Does anyone have my same problem on similar system?
Is there any specific setting?
Thanks for the passion.

mace