Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-03-12

@Temhil: That's what I'm building right now Wink

One folder is no longer scanned for movies - _J@n_ - 2013-03-12

Hi All,

Since about a week I have a strange issue with scanning movies. I will try to paint an as clear picture as I can.

Configuration is as follows:
ME is installed on MintLinux Nadia.

Movies and TV shows are stored on my NAS in the following directories and mounted on my Linux machine through NFS:
Movies folder 1 -> /mnt/NAS/video/Film/HD
TV Show folder 1 -> /mnt/NAS/video/Series
Movies folder 2 -> /mnt/NAS/video2/Films
TV Shows folder 2 -> /mnt/NAS/video2/Series

All properties on all files are basically R/W for everyone (aka 666). Everyone has write permissions on all folders.

Strange thing is that Movies folder 2 is not scanned but TV Shows folder 2 is scanned (both on same volume). I have removed movies folder 2 from ME, closed and restarted ME and added the folder. No change. I have checked for dubious files including hidden files but I could not find any.

Is there a way to create logs of what ME is doing so I can try to pinpoint the problem?

If you need more info? Let me know!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Greetz,

_J@N_

edit: Found the place to set debug mode. You can create an advancedsettings.xml to be placed at ~/.config/kvibes/MediaElch (see also www.mediaelch.de/usage)

@_J@N_:
To see debug output just start MediaElch from a terminal or if you want to setup a log file: See advanced settings section at http://www.mediaelch.de/usage/
Please try to add only the directory which is not scanned and post the debug log, or send it to [email protected]

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _J@n_ - 2013-03-12

(2013-03-12, 20:25)Komet Wrote: @_J@N_:
To see debug output just start MediaElch from a terminal or if you want to setup a log file: See advanced settings section at http://www.mediaelch.de/usage/
Please try to add only the directory which is not scanned and post the debug log, or send it to [email protected]

Hi Komet,

Thanks for your support!

I seem to be unable to create a log file using the advancedsettings.xml method (Gosh, I feel like a noob Wink ) but I did manage to start MediaElch from a terminal. This is what I found in terminal:

Code:
_J@N_@Nadia ~ $ MediaElch
"void AdvancedSettings::loadSettings()                                  :" Loading advanced settings
DEBUG: "void MovieWidget::setDisabledTrue()                                    :" Entered
DEBUG: "void MovieWidget::clear()                                              :" Entered
DEBUG: "void TvShowWidgetTvShow::onClear()                                     :" Entered
DEBUG: "void TvShowWidgetTvShow::onSetEnabled(bool)                            :" Entered, enabled= false
DEBUG: "void TvShowWidgetEpisode::onSetEnabled(bool)                           :" Entered
DEBUG: "void SetsWidget::clear()                                               :" Entered
DEBUG: "void ConcertWidget::setDisabledTrue()                                  :" Entered
DEBUG: "void ConcertWidget::clear()                                            :" Entered
DEBUG: "MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget*)                                       :" MediaElch version "1.5" starting up
DEBUG: "void MainWindow::setupToolbar()                                        :" Entered
DEBUG: "void ImageDialog::cancelDownloads()                                    :" Entered
DEBUG: "void MainWindow::onFilterChanged(QList<Filter*>, QString)              :" Filter has changed
DEBUG: "void MovieFileSearcher::setMovieDirectories(QList<SettingsDir>)        :" Entered
DEBUG: "void MovieFileSearcher::setMovieDirectories(QList<SettingsDir>)        :" Adding movie directory "/mnt/JeNas_Video/Film/HD"
DEBUG: "void MovieFileSearcher::setMovieDirectories(QList<SettingsDir>)        :" Adding movie directory "/mnt/JeNas_Video_2/Films"
DEBUG: "void TvShowFileSearcher::setMovieDirectories(QList<SettingsDir>)       :" Entered
DEBUG: "void TvShowFileSearcher::setMovieDirectories(QList<SettingsDir>)       :" Adding tv show directory "/mnt/JeNas_Video/Series"
DEBUG: "void TvShowFileSearcher::setMovieDirectories(QList<SettingsDir>)       :" Adding tv show directory "/mnt/JeNas_Video_2/Series"
DEBUG: "void ConcertFileSearcher::setConcertDirectories(QList<SettingsDir>)    :" Entered
DEBUG: "void ConcertFileSearcher::setConcertDirectories(QList<SettingsDir>)    :" Adding concert directory "/mnt/JeNas_Video_2/Music"
DEBUG: "void MovieFileSearcher::reload(bool)                                   :" Now processing files
DEBUG: "void TvShowFilesWidget::renewModel()                                   :" Entered
DEBUG: "void TvShowFileSearcher::reload(bool)                                  :" Searching for tv shows done
DEBUG: "void TvShowFilesWidget::renewModel()                                   :" Entered
DEBUG: "void ConcertFileSearcher::reload(bool)                                 :" Searching for concerts done

I have not removed other folders as yet. Will do that after this post.

Greetz,

_J@N_

edit: after removing the other sources ME found 7 movies (out of about 400). Will try to figure out how these are different from the others

@_J@N_: Oh and please hit the "Reload" button in the menu bar and post this log file. This will trigger a full reload and clear the cache database.

(2013-03-12, 20:38)Komet Wrote: @_J@N_: Oh and please hit the "Reload" button in the menu bar and post this log file. This will trigger a full reload and clear the cache database.

Hi Komet,

Reloaded but still stuck at 7 movies. Will investigate now. Keep you posted!

Greetz,

_J@N_

Just a guess: Are there any movies in DVD structures that are not in subfolders named "VIDEO_TS"? That's known issue in MediaElch 1.5 and is already fixed in the current nightlies.

(2013-03-12, 20:43)Komet Wrote: Just a guess: Are there any movies in DVD structures that are not in subfolders named "VIDEO_TS"? That's known issue in MediaElch 1.5 and is already fixed in the current nightlies.

Hi Komet,

I was just going to post that the only movies found were the ones that have VIDEO_TS as a subfolder. That is...besides one that has the *.vob files etc in the root folder of the movie directory.

Looks like I might be in need of a nightly or I could just place the vob files in a subfolder named VIDEO_TS, right?

Greetz,

_J@N_

That's right. Either use the current master branch or put dvd structures in subfolders called "VIDEO_TS", just as they are on DVDs.

Hi Komet,

You are the man! Big Grin Placed the files in VIDEO_TS and all movies are found again.

You seriously rock!

Mein deutsch is nicht sehr flüssig aber doch: Herzlichen Dank!!

Greetz,

_J@N_

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - tparvais - 2013-03-12

Hello

One very small suggestion: when you want to configure the path to different video directory, it is impossible to add manually the unc Path. Only browsing the network is impossible

Sometimes, on some networks, the remote server does not appear automatically.

Can you change the "browse for folder" window to enable to write/search manually the folder ?

Thank you

Re: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - soonerlater - 2013-03-12

I second this.

(2013-03-12, 21:12)tparvais Wrote: Hello

One very small suggestion: when you want to configure the path to different video directory, it is impossible to add manually the unc Path. Only browsing the network is impossible

Sometimes, on some networks, the remote server does not appear automatically.

Can you change the "browse for folder" window to enable to write/search manually the folder ?

Thank you

(2013-03-12, 21:43)soonerlater Wrote: I second this.

https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/303 Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - audio.addicted - 2013-03-12

(2013-03-08, 10:39)Komet Wrote:
(2013-03-07, 21:48)audio.addicted Wrote: Mhh it only adds "Spartacus" as a TV-Show but it contains no Seasons or Episodes in XBMC.

Is it normal that there is no *.nfo for the season(s)? Here are the *.nfos that are created by MediaElch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkdc1obibc4katr/Spartacus%20%282010%29.zip

There are no separate nfo files for seasons, that's ok. Looks like it's no MediaElch problem but something else in your setup...
I've found the problem Smile The default (re-)naming schema for TV-Shows in MediaElch doesn't include Season and Episode for the resulting filenames. After changing the pattern to "<title>.S<season>E<episode>.<extension>" it works. Should't this be the default?

(2013-03-12, 22:37)audio.addicted Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 10:39)Komet Wrote:
(2013-03-07, 21:48)audio.addicted Wrote: Mhh it only adds "Spartacus" as a TV-Show but it contains no Seasons or Episodes in XBMC.

Is it normal that there is no *.nfo for the season(s)? Here are the *.nfos that are created by MediaElch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkdc1obibc4katr/Spartacus%20%282010%29.zip

There are no separate nfo files for seasons, that's ok. Looks like it's no MediaElch problem but something else in your setup...
I've found the problem Smile The default (re-)naming schema for TV-Shows in MediaElch doesn't include Season and Episode for the resulting filenames. After changing the pattern to "<title>.S<season>E<episode>.<extension>" it works. Should't this be the default?

Yep, seems like I just have not set the default naming scheme to this Wink