Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- jackmeehan - 2011-07-19

johoja Wrote:should be able to receive messages using notifo.com support in notify pro. i.e) notify pro installed on iphone, setup to forward messages to notifo.com, notifo client installed on ipad.

Should work, have not tried it though Smile .
This would rely on push notifications to deliver to iPad then? I don't trust push notifications as they don't always go through on my home network. My ISP issued router (which is required to use their service (Wimax)) isn't capable of them.

This woulnt allow us to reply to texts either would it?

- johoja - 2011-07-19

jackmeehan Wrote:This would rely on push notifications to deliver to iPad then? I don't trust push notifications as they don't always go through on my home network. My ISP issued router (which is required to use their service (Wimax)) isn't capable of them.

This woulnt allow us to reply to texts either would it?

It would allow you to reply to texts (it should open up the same website) but, yes would require Apple Push messages to be working.

I'll see if I can figure something else out for the iPad, will need think about it.

- johoja - 2011-07-19

mason Wrote:a warning for all ipad2 users. i gave it a shot on my jailbreaked ipad2 (bought it from cydia) seems to work fine with xbmc until i restarted the pad. then it fucked up the springboard, and rebooted if i tried to start anything. needed to rebuild the device via DFU mode and lost everything.after several restores i found out its clearly notify pro, even with a maiden install without anything. be sure to have ssh installed on your pad, then you can ssh into the device and remove the package via dpkg. to sad if found this out when i allready lost everything.

@johoja any comments? would love to see this working, killerfeature.

Just wondering, what are you trying to forward from your ipad to your pc? since ipad doesn't support sms, etc.

- stoli - 2011-07-19

johoja Wrote:Just wondering, what are you trying to forward from your ipad to your pc? since ipad doesn't support sms, etc.

Push notifications...how else would you know it was your turn in Words with Friends? Wink

- johoja - 2011-07-19

stoli Wrote:Push notifications...how else would you know it was your turn in Words with Friends? Wink

haha! of course.

working on adding something interesting to notify pro.... Smile will see how it pans out.

- danmedhurst - 2011-07-19

Just instaleld and got it working great on my Iphone with XBMC on Windows 7.. am a bit confused.. i installed Growl but didn't change anything atall.. then noticed the XBMC settings in the Notify Pro...

Is it actually using Growl to do anything or can i uninstall it?

All i'm having it do is send call, sms, push and mail notifications to the screen and display for 10 seconds..

- johoja - 2011-07-19

danmedhurst Wrote:Just instaleld and got it working great on my Iphone with XBMC on Windows 7.. am a bit confused.. i installed Growl but didn't change anything atall.. then noticed the XBMC settings in the Notify Pro...

Is it actually using Growl to do anything or can i uninstall it?

All i'm having it do is send call, sms, push and mail notifications to the screen and display for 10 seconds..

If you are sending notifications to xbmc, then you don't need growl.

if you want to send notifications to your PC ( i.e) when xbmc is swithed off then you need growl ( it will even let you reply to the sms ).

also it depends on how you configured notify pro on the iphone, i.e) did you configure growl or xbmc.

johoja Wrote:haha! of course.

working on adding something interesting to notify pro.... Smile will see how it pans out.
Would be cool if the iPad and iPhone were paired via Bluetooth, iPhone pushing calls & SMS to iPad.... I was hoping for something like that in iOS 5 but was sorely disappointed Sad

I don't mean answering calls from iPad (how ridiculous would that look) but replying to SMS thru a native-esque UI, something like biteSMS's quick reply dialog, straight from the ipad would be incredible. I'd pay like €20 for a tweak like that. Anyway, just throwing ideas out there!!

Btw, how did the wedding go? Tongue

- johoja - 2011-07-19

jackmeehan Wrote:Would be cool if the iPad and iPhone were paired via Bluetooth, iPhone pushing calls & SMS to iPad.... I was hoping for something like that in iOS 5 but was sorely disappointed Sad

I don't mean answering calls from iPad (how ridiculous would that look) but replying to SMS thru a native-esque UI, something like biteSMS's quick reply dialog, straight from the ipad would be incredible. I'd pay like €20 for a tweak like that. Anyway, just throwing ideas out there!!

Btw, how did the wedding go? Tongue

went well thanks Smile . i've got something in mind for the ipad. will need to see how it pans out....i think people will like it.

- stoli - 2011-07-19

johoja Wrote:went well thanks Smile . i've got something in mind for the ipad. will need to see how it pans out....i think people will like it.

I'll test. I'll test. Rofl

stoli Wrote:I'll test. I'll test. Rofl

Count me in too Big Grin

Also, @johoja I noticed a bug while adding notifo.com host. When you press add a host it gives you the username and api fields as normal. But instead of Call, SMS, Mail, push notify options - it has SMS, Push, Mail, ToggleCell. When you go back into it after adding the host it gives you back the call option instead of ToggleCell.

- johoja - 2011-07-19

jackmeehan Wrote:Count me in too Big Grin

Also, @johoja I noticed a bug while adding notifo.com host. When you press add a host it gives you the username and api fields as normal. But instead of Call, SMS, Mail, push notify options - it has SMS, Push, Mail, ToggleCell. When you go back into it after adding the host it gives you back the call option instead of ToggleCell.

Ok will take a look what version is this ?

johoja Wrote:Ok will take a look what version is this ?

iPad is receiving notifications fine but can't reply. I'll hold out to see what you have in store for us Smile

Also, the problem that mason was having with the iPad rebooting is likely due to the way jailbreakme 3 works rather than a problem with NP. The same thing was happening with BiteSMS on iPhones jailbroken with jailbreakme 3. Something to do with the jailbreak using unionfs instead of stashing I think.

- johoja - 2011-07-19

mason Wrote:a warning for all ipad2 users. i gave it a shot on my jailbreaked ipad2 (bought it from cydia) seems to work fine with xbmc until i restarted the pad. then it fucked up the springboard, and rebooted if i tried to start anything. needed to rebuild the device via DFU mode and lost everything.after several restores i found out its clearly notify pro, even with a maiden install without anything. be sure to have ssh installed on your pad, then you can ssh into the device and remove the package via dpkg. to sad if found this out when i allready lost everything.

@johoja any comments? would love to see this working, killerfeature.

hey mason, looked into it a bit haven't tried it yet since not home, but i heard if you do the jailbreak using jailbreakme.com, you need to install all the upgrades from cydia afterwards "essential upgrades" and then try to install notify pro...i've heard that might fix it.

Not sure though will try later and confirm.

- mason - 2011-07-20

johoja of course push notifications, love the feature to get twitter pushes and mails send to the tv without looking on the pad if its something important since the android app only supports calls and sms, so with this working on the pad I'm always on top of things Wink

edit: I think i had that installed, but as far as i see it this only fixes the pdf exploit. After rebooting the device the icons on the springpad where out of order with hughe gapes between, the devices was locked in portrait mode, also the keyboard (swipping to the whole left) where stuck in the 'iphone' variant and starting anything resulted in a crash.