Kodi Community Forum
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds (/showthread.php?tid=265299)

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - hdmkv - 2016-03-28

@weirdinin, did you try the graphics driver suggested by Intel's Driver Update Utility for Win10?

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - weirdinin - 2016-03-28

Yes, I did. I let it install the newest graphic driver but no joy. Then I manually installed drivers from intel website and as a last attempt let windows install drivers. All those attempts resulted in wrong refresh rate. I'm still testing different drivers. Fingers crossed

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - woronczak - 2016-03-28

Hey weirdinin. Look back to the original post - you need to make the advancedsetting change mentioned there which forces it to proper 23.976 mode. My DN2820nuc has this issue but I3-4010u nuc does not.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - Caramba69 - 2016-03-29

With my NUC5i5RYH I have tested a couple of MVC Mkv's and Iso's. Everything works great (beside DD+). I have no issues with Lip sync.

The only issue I have with the build from th 25th March is with with H265 4k movies. The NUC freezes when I have DXVA2 enabled. When I disable DXVA2 the movie plays, but the CPU load is 100% and the movie stutters,

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - weirdinin - 2016-03-29

<video>
<forcemodechangebeforestereo>true</forcemodechangebeforestereo>
</video>

You mean this?
Yep, I have it in advancedsettings.xml in userdata folder (~\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata)

Strange how Kodi sometimes switch to proper refresh rate and sometimes not, even with same video files. Seems like this behavior is totally random. I can't find any consistency in it.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - woronczak - 2016-03-29

(2016-03-29, 08:47)weirdinin Wrote: <video>
<forcemodechangebeforestereo>true</forcemodechangebeforestereo>
</video>

You mean this?
Yep, I have it in advancedsettings.xml in userdata folder (~\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata)

Strange how Kodi sometimes switch to proper refresh rate and sometimes not, even with same video files. Seems like this behavior is totally random. I can't find any consistency in it.

Yup that one.

You shouldn't have to, but try setting windows resolution to 1920*1080 @23Hz. Tat way it id the right refresh rate to start with.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - weirdinin - 2016-03-29

good hint. thank you for that. Although that would be a messy solution. kodi's qui is kinda ugly if desktop refresh rate is 23hz. rendering stutters. gives me headache in a long run so would not work with me.

hmm.. it might work if I use a script that changes windows resolution to 23hz just before 3d movie starts. and after stop the script would change refresh rate back. need to try that later when got time to tinker.

Another issue came out of nowhere. Now kodi struggles to disable 3D when playback is stopped. I'll send debug log later. Need to go to work now.

edit. found a temporary solution: from video settings "playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos" --> "ask me". With that option kodi asks 3D mode when playback starts and after selection refresh rate is switched as expected. In addition 3D is disabled after playback as expected.
Although it breaks cinematic feeling if I need to play with settings while video is already started.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - nklerk - 2016-03-29

As soon as i read about this post I placed the following order:

1 Intel Barebone NUC NUC6I3SYK i3 6100U
1 Kingston 2x4GB, DDR4, SODIMM, 2133MHz, CL13, HyperX Impact
1 Kingston SSD SSDNow M.2, 120GB

I will report back when i have received the order and have done some testing.

P.S. have someone tried the Club 3D DP1.2 to HDMI 2.0 Converter? Sounds very promising.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - DeejayT - 2016-03-29

Lol, for a few minutes I had canceled the order DN2820 and ordered the same without the SSD.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - Caramba69 - 2016-03-29

(2016-03-29, 11:06)DeejayT Wrote: Lol, for a few minutes I had canceled the order DN2820 and ordered the same without the SSD.

I'm a little bit concerned about the reports that a lot of these units have died due to temperature problems. Please can you also test h265 videos with 8 bit? I'm als considering to buy one, because on my nuc 5i they don't work.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - DeejayT - 2016-03-30

[/quote]

I'm a little bit concerned about the reports that a lot of these units have died due to temperature problems. Please can you also test h265 videos with 8 bit? I'm als considering to buy one, because on my nuc 5i they don't work.
[/quote]
Sure, have you a link to a sample videofile?

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - Caramba69 - 2016-03-31

[/quote]
Sure, have you a link to a sample videofile?
[/quote]

http://demo-uhd3d.com/categorie.php?tag=hevc

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - weirdinin - 2016-03-31

Do you guys have "delay after change of refresh rate" function enabled? Is it working with you?
I'm just wondering if it's just my system or is it happening everyone that delaying playback is not working. Now videos start playback when tv is still changing refresh rate. Delaying playback make no difference.
Afedchin, Is this one of those functions, that are not yet implemented in krypton?

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - timstephens24 - 2016-03-31

(2016-03-31, 19:45)weirdinin Wrote: Do you guys have "delay after change of refresh rate" function enabled? Is it working with you?
I'm just wondering if it's just my system or is it happening everyone that delaying playback is not working. Now videos start playback when tv is still changing refresh rate. Delaying playback make no difference.
Afedchin, Is this one of those functions, that are not yet implemented in krypton?

No, this doesn't work for me. I set it all the way to 20 seconds and it didn't do anything.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - Karnis - 2016-03-31

Same here, feature must be turned off.